Sequels Assassination of captain America storyline

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I could see marvel going in this direction. It would be such a sad send off for Chris though but could easily be done really well.

I was thinking, the russos love to throw in some twists. What if it was Bucky who performed the coup de grace instead of Sharon because of some remaining hydra programming. That would be so shocking and heartbreaking and fascinating if they want winter soldier to star in films instead of captain America

If you want to kill Cap, all you need is Rumloe.

In the comics, rumlow fired the first shots but it was Sharon who performed the killshot. I would love to see something that tragic and emotive

In the comics, rumlow fired the first shots but it was Sharon who performed the killshot. I would love to see something that tragic and emotive

Actually, Sharon fired the magic time bullet that sent Steve literally out of time. Though it did have an added emotional punch in making Steve's lover complicit in his death.

And I suppose if they are going for an emotional punch, it could work with Bucky, given that Sharon isn't a major figure in Steve's life, yet. Having her do it will just demonize her.

My honest opinion as someone who has read most of Cap's decades worth of comic stories, Cap 3 is too soon and we already got some subtle nods to the "assassination" from the comics already in TWS. For what it's worth Cap has seemingly "died" many times throughout the comics so by the time you get to "assassination" it seems kinda redundant in some ways although it is the most significant instance of that happening. Having read the comics it just feels way too soon and there are so many other better, more interesting stories(i.e The Bloodstone Hunt, More of TWS storyline and Red Menace, Red Zone, Red Glare, Cap#321) I would rather see first before they adapt that storyline. Maybe for Cap 6 or 7. I've said this before but I think Cap more so than the other Avengers has the potential for a long running James Bond type adventure movie franchise. Again I'm not against the storyline, it just feels way too soon.

Agree that cap 3 is too soon. Unless they cover a lot of ground in his recovery, Bucky isn't going to be anywhere close to ready to take on being CA. He's going to be too much of a mess. Assuming he gets all of his memories back, he's going to have to work through all the guilt and angst and make some major adjustments. Losing his best friend and then asking him to take over a huge responsibility like being CA would probably cause him to collapse into a whimpering (but still adorable) pile of goo.

Last edited:
It's too soon. I'd rather see somebody continue Steve's story for a while longer.

TWS certainly seems to be bringing in some of the major players of that arc, but I'm not sure how it would play out at this point - as has been mentioned already, Sharon doesn't really have any sort of relationship with Steve yet, and Bucky's still a mess. Also I can't see the MCU seriously killing off one of its star heroes unless it turns out to be another fake-out, since it's pretty clear by now that, as in the comics themselves, death doesn't exactly mean all that much in the MCU...and I don't think Steve has it in him to employ that kind of tactic; he's more up-front than that. And who in the general audience - the toy-buying parents, NOT the comic-book fanbase - really wants to see one of the Avengers die?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"