Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

So I'm guessing there won't actually be any more DLC for this after all, with Revelations coming out in a few months.

Also, I'm trying to get Platinum but these darn MP trophies are killing me. I just started playing it and while its fun, I don't think I'm willing to spend the next week or two leveling up and trying to get the last 4 trophies.

Last edited:
You could boost thyem in private matches ya know. Except the ''reach lvl 50'' acheivement/trophy. It can be done in player matches though.

I found MP a total grind at first, but it's a learning curve that is really worth it. Go on YouTube and look up some MP strategy videos. It's amazing how you can score so highly from only getting a handful of kills.

So me and some friends are having a boosting session tomorrow around 3pm eastern time. If you want in message me. Make sure you have a headset.

I can't find the thread for Ac2, so I'm just gonna post my thoughts here.

Originally, I was planning to play Rogue to Odyssey first before the pre-Black Flag games as they aren't available for ps4. But then I saw the Ezio Collection in physical ps4 so I quickly picked it up especially its 3 games in 1. I also realized that the older games have less stellar graphics, smaller map and fewer side quests. I think its beneficial for me in the long run to finish the pre-bf games (well 2, B, R) before the newer games. I knew these games from the trailers back in the ps3 days. I was more familiar with the titles than Black Flag and I wanted to play them but somehow, I stopped playing videogames for a long time. So getting 3/5 of pre-Bf games was exciting, as I felt like I should have played them a long time ago.

So with the Ezio collection, I've started with Ac2. My biggest concern going into the game were the graphics and the controls. However I didn't expect the graphics of Ac2, to look quite dated. Like the ps4 port of Resident Evil 5 looks great to this day and the original version was released in 2009 same as Ac2. The quality of the graphics especially the cutscenes kinda put me off, and I was just like think of Gta. In my opinion, the Ps4 port of this looks worse. Like I don't even get why they changed the color grading. When I watched the ps3 walkthrough of this game, it looks so much better. The ps4 port, the graphics were sharpened too much, that it looked cheaper, dated and grainy, the grasses look bad and that reddish color grading is just the worst. So for me, it really ruined the experience. Sometimes, I laughed that the graphics looked so bad and I was just like why? Then the controls, I've struggled with the controls more than I expected to. Climbing wasn't smooth and in missions where I really needed to jump again and again because I was trying to chase someone or running away from someone then Ezio just jumped in the wrong direction or he held into the ledge and I had to start all over again. It was quite annoying. Also I didn't expect the map to have so much viewpoints, it was overkill. Like 74 viewpoints and the viewpoints were quite close to each other.

However, I liked that I got to play this especially people online were raving about this and calling it as the best Ac game. Even though I don't agree, its nice that I got to judge it for myself. I expected more present day scenes and it wasn't the case, there were like only 3 segments. I liked that you can ride the horse and the gondola. The renovation of the villa really motivated me to find the chests, especially renovating it would return me more money. Finding the chests is the one side quest I've completed other than finding the codex codes and synchronizing the viewpoints.

The story is okay but it wasn't leaps better than the story of Edward and Arno. I wasn't like omg best story ever. I liked the lead though. I liked da Vinci and the female thief. Though a lot of supporting characters were quite underdeveloped. The female thief, Ezio's alive family members and his other allies just disappeared. The lady from the Forti, I thought she was gonna be in the story longer and sequence 12 was a late addition to the ps3 version and sequences 12/13 felt tacked in when I completed them.

The main story missions were quite easy. I don't think I was killed during a mission maybe in the beginning I can't remember. The fights were easy but I didn't like the combat because you just have to smash the enemies again and again and the counter button rarely worked for me. There were some missions that were basically just a cutscene or conversation like the second to the last. I could have finished the game earlier like if I really wanted to as the missions were quite short in general. The ones that frustrated me are the training to blend, the flying machine, the missions where you need chase someone in the roof (and the contest where you need to run in the rooftops), not getting detected by anyone while trying to assassinate someone especially the one in the ship, which took me a freaking hour! But over all, this is an easy game with some annoying platforming/stealth missions.

The side quests, I didn't bother to do most of them especially I wasn't pleased with the graphics. I was quite lazy to find the feathers, I've only got like less than 20 and I thought it was the most pointless thing in the game. The tombs were an instant pass, as I don't want to go to the underground just to jump and fall again and again with the creepy atmosphere and that wearing Altair costume isn't important just like in Unity's legacy costumes. I skipped the races, beat ups, assassination contracts, the glyphs and courier as well. Though I have used all costume color schemes and I have bought all the armors, weapons and artworks.

I know 2 is such an acclaimed game in the series, but I have to say I liked Black Flag and Unity more as those games motivated to do most of the side stuffs. Here, I was quite rushing it just so I can move quickly to the next Ac game. I liked that I was able to experience it but the game wasn't fun and it wasn't even nice to look at. I also didn't like there are no variety to Ezio's costumes other than simple color schemes. The weapons aren't nice either and I hate that smoke bombs are limited to 3. I thought Black Flag was a cool game, Unity was pretty and the word I would use to describe Ac2 is dated. The ending of the main story wasn't good either, like I expected a better ending and it didn't really give me a good impression now that I've finished it.

Story: 7
Gameplay: 7

By the way, right after the credits rolled. I checked out the start of Brotherhood, and my God, the graphics look so much better and it doesn't look like it came out 1 year after Ac2. I'm stunned. So I'm kinda excited to play Brotherhood, especially it picked right up after Ac2 (I needed a continuation to Ac2's ending) and the weapons and ammunition are already available. I also heard its shorter and much easier.

I've just finished Brotherhood, well most of it. I liked that the graphics looked so much better than Ac2, like ten times better. Well the daytime scenes look a bit grainy but the night scenes look good (except for the areas that didn't have a light). Vatican looks great so as the Patheon. I liked that you can ride the horses in the streets. They also lowered the amount of feathers and chests, which motivated me to look for them. I really like that you can renovate shops and get money from them after renovation, and early in the game, I wasn't struggling for more money. Like Unity, I liked that it's just 1 big city and I wasn't hopping to different locations just to activate a mission.

The main story. Once again I didn't really pay attention or really care about the story especially when I was doing side quests in between the main missions. But I guess I liked this one more than Ac2 though I think there were fewer assassinations in the main story compare to Ac2. I liked that they continued Ezio's right from when Ac2 ended as I felt like Ac2 had an abrupt ending. Though it feels weird that Ezio is the only one in the franchise to headline 3 main games, not that I want another trilogy focusing on 1 character. At first I wasn't sure if Ac2 is longer but the last two sequences of this went quickly, like there was no time off between memories, and headed straight to the final fight/mission. Brotherhood was definitely shorter and kinda felt rushed towards the end. The ending felt abrupt. Once again, I expected more present day segments but I didn't happen which was fine. The last present day segment though had a lot of jumping around and ugh I was kinda over it. The tron location looks good.

The side quests are a lot more here not only because I decided to skip most of the side quests in Ac2. You can leave Animus. Borgia Towers were quite easy when the captain wasn't running away. The Cristina, Courtesan, Assassinations, Copernico and Templar Agents missions were short per piece but could be challenging when I had to hide and all in all, there were a lot of missions. I have done all the restored sequences except for the last one since it was located underground and I have to say this set of missions were the most challenging. I skipped the secret location missions as I dread going to underground areas especially those would require me to jump again and again and the setting creeps me out. I also didn't do the guild challenges. They weren't really challenges but more like a checklist to do and I couldn't bother checking every requirement just to be ranked. The Thief challenges, I was stuck in two missions, one with the timed roof race and another roof race where you need to kill three people. It was hard as £^**. I didn't bother to finish those. The War Machine. The first one was quite long but I loved the machine gun section. The rest through aside from finding the map, I skipped the three missions.

The best thing about this game is recruiting assassins. To me that was just cool. Sending them to missions, upgrading their stats and using them to the story / side missions was fun! To me, it really elevated the game especially there were already a lot to do and I was just like wow.

The things I didn't like: certain areas cannot be visited early in the game. At times, I couldn't access the areas I've already accessed before like the bank and Vatican. It really required to do the main missions to access the entire map. The horses can't do a simple jump in some areas and it wouldn't even need to jump high. The posters and criminal levels are back. The sidequests also have full synchronization objectives which annoyed me. From the 4 Ac games I've played so far, this is 2nd place with the most amount of tailing/assassinate while hiding missions especially the side quests. Like I couldn't believe I was repeating again and again with side quests, it was kinda frustrating. My least favorite thing to do in Assassin's Creed. Also, just different color schemes again for Ezio's costume.

Its a really good game with a lot of things to do. I definitely prefer this over Ac2. If I wasn't playing Ac games back to back, I would have played this for a month or two, simply because it is overflowing with content.

Story: 7
Gameplay: 8.5

Nope. Its becoming one of my favorite videogame franchises ever. Already in my top three.

1. Resident Evil
2. Gta
3. Assassin's Creed

The ones that I didn't want to do like secret locations and hard side quests, I just skipped them. I am not really aiming for 100% sync.

Happy 560th Birthday to the greatest assassin of them all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"