Assassins Creed Odyssey

The teaser is pretty funny.

[Yt]paE6VuGdxGM[/MEDIA]

"This. Is. Odyssey!!!"

tumblr_mvyj69kVop1rj2phto1_500.gif

I'm... intrigued. Are we to be some sort of Spartan assassin?

I'm guessing the Spartans would be involved with the Templar side of things, given their strict and militaristic culture.

Yeah I bet the Athenians are the ones that are the Assassins because the Athenians were the free thinking intellectuals.

I'm guessing the odds of them adding any difficulty to the climbing and freerunning are pretty slim? That has been a growing issue of mine with the franchise since AC III, yes, it's gotten much smoother and controls a lot better, but they've also sucked the challenge out of it in the process, I wish they'd find a way to bring that back. I'm really looking forward to Odyssey and I still enjoy the climbing and freerunning but I'd just prefer something with more difficulty.

I wonder how this will play into the overall story of the Assassins, since this is going to take place four hundred years prior to Origins. Glad they went this route though, I was not all that interested in the idea of setting the game in Greece under Roman rule, genuine ancient Greece is a much more exciting a location so this should be awesome. Only shame about this time period is it's too early in history for them to put the Colossus of Rhodes in the game.

I for one think this looks awesome and beautiful. I’m definitely gonna grab it love the setting of Greece.

Looks awesome. Not at all pleased theyve went back hundreds of years. Which doesnt make a bit of sense. Bayek founded the Assassin's so it's impossible for this character to be an Assassin which means we have an Assassin's Creed game that isnt about or connected to the Assassins. o_O

With Origins acting as a soft reboot I thought for once this franchise would continue down a clear forward direction from game to game. But now they are back to the same ol' BS of jumping around in the time line whether it makes any sense or not. If they wanted to set a game in Greece prior to Origins time period then they should have released Odyssey first and had this character found the Assassin's Brotherhood. Or they should have set Origins in an earlier time period before this Odyssey period.

Last edited:
You know what? I'm down for this game, I think it looks great.

Looks awesome. Not at all pleased theyve went back hundreds of years. Which doesnt make a bit of sense. Bayek founded the Assassin's so it's impossible for this character to be an Assassin which means we have an Assassin's Creed game that isnt about or connected to the Assassins. o_O

With Origins acting as a soft reboot I thought for once this franchise would continue down a clear forward direction from game to game. But now they are back to the same ol' BS of jumping around in the time line whether it makes any sense or not. If they wanted to set a game in Greece prior to Origins time period then they should have released Odyssey first and had this character found the Assassin's Brotherhood. Or they should have set Origins in an earlier time period before this Odyssey period.

To be fair they established in the second game with the Assassins tombs that Assassin's had existed for thousands of years, Origins is meant to serve as the beginning of the Brotherhood formally being created, but the ideology existed long before Origins, heck the hidden blade Aya has in Origins was actually created several decades before the time period Odyssey takes place in.

I wasn’t keen at first but now I know there’s a broad range of romance options and a woman assassin I can’t wait! Bring on smoocher’s creed: odyssey!

Before we had Origins we had Darius mentioned in AC II who pre-dated Origins before it was even made. Darius is the first known user of the hidden blade.

The way I always thought of it was there were Assassins prior to Bayek. There may have even been some proto version of the creed but it never became the version of the creed we know now until Bayek.

Your main weapon The Spear of Leonidas looks like it is going to be some piece of Eden.

Really enjoyed the trials of the gods in Origins so I hope they take that to the next level in this game. Greek mythology is so rich it would be criminal if they just stuck in three gods like they did Origins plus you had to get to level 40 to fight them.

They should add in creatures you can fight at earlier levels like Minotaur's, Griffin's, Centaur's, Siren's this list goes on and on.

Why will they not give us the feudal Japan game we've all been BEGGING for?

I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this, I was hoping for another game (or 2) with Bayek and/or Aya(Amunet)

No one has been begging for that game.

What? Ever since AC 2 people literally beg for a AC game in Japan.
Ever since then has been met with people talking about a game featured in japan, when people talk about which places they would like to see AC go to...the first answers are all Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"