Assassins Creed Odyssey

Anything past 1900 is just too modern for me. I can tolerate it if it's a small bit like the WW2 Paris glitches in Unity, but a whole AC game in a time period with motorized vehicles and modern style weaponry and electronics, no thank you. That's **** I can see and experience in real life. I play these games so that I can have fun and experience a story in a significantly different time period. Besides, WW2 has been done to death in video games.

I would like to have an AC game set in central America during the height of the Mayan Empire. Or an AC game in ancient China. Or ancient Rome. The Roman occupation of Britain could be good too if some liberties were taken. Or an AC game set during the collapse of the Western Roman Empire. An AC game starring a Viking Assassin or an English Assassin fighting the Viking invaders could be fun too.

I must admit, I don’t love it when it goes towards guns territory. It should be closer to up close and personal.

So much history to cover though!

The colonial era was the most modern period I could accept. Really wanted a game set during the Civil War too.

Anything past 1900 is just too modern for me. I can tolerate it if it's a small bit like the WW2 Paris glitches in Unity, but a whole AC game in a time period with motorized vehicles and modern style weaponry and electronics, no thank you. That's **** I can see and experience in real life. I play these games so that I can have fun and experience a story in a significantly different time period. Besides, WW2 has been done to death in video games.

I would like to have an AC game set in central America during the height of the Mayan Empire. Or an AC game in ancient China. Or ancient Rome. The Roman occupation of Britain could be good too if some liberties were taken. Or an AC game set during the collapse of the Western Roman Empire. An AC game starring a Viking Assassin or an English Assassin fighting the Viking invaders could be fun too.

Preach!

There’s kind of a sweet spot I reckon. Too late and it has to have guns which are boring. Too early and the concept of an “assassin” doesn’t really work. It’s just people clocking each other on the head.

That was kind of my problem with origins a little bit. It wasn’t really political subterfuge really it was just tribe versus tribe

There’s kind of a sweet spot I reckon. Too late and it has to have guns which are boring. Too early and the concept of an “assassin” doesn’t really work. It’s just people clocking each other on the head.

That was kind of my problem with origins a little bit. It wasn’t really political subterfuge really it was just tribe versus tribe

This is why I am more sceptical of setting a game in the first civilization time period. Its surprising how many people want that setting.

I didn't think Origins was too early but I see your point I can't think of many setting's earlier than Origins that wouldn't have suffered from the problems you mentioned.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey won't whitewash, features many "great Greek actors"

6 days ago
Comments 3

Ubisoft says it's committed to using Greek voice actors in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Both of the game’s main characters (you can choose to...Read more

Assassin's Creed Odyssey shows the future of open-world games is in roleplaying

6 days ago

When Assassin’s Creed Odyssey creative director Jonathan Dumont stepped onto the stage at Ubisoft’s E3 conference, a big grin on his face, he...Read more

Assassin's Creed Odyssey's ship is like an ancient Mother Base

4 days ago

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey has Metal Gear Solid style base management. As the series heads to the Greek archipelago, ships, which made their...Read more

Assassin's Creed Odyssey's female lead will be the canon character

3 days ago
Comments 2

A Reddit AMA with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey creative director Jonathan Dumont has given us a much clearer idea of how the main narrative will...Read more

Assassin's Creed Odyssey redefines Ubisoft's historical sandbox

2 days ago

Ubisoft is currently undergoing a phase of complete reinvention with its library of games. Back in 2015, the company turned Rainbow Six from a...Read more

Lastly

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is an origin story based around the Pieces of Eden

2 hours ago

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will not focus on the actions of the Assassins and the Templars. In an AMA on Reddit, the game’s creative director,...Read more

There's no nudity in Assassin's Creed Odyssey

31 mins ago

There is no nudity in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, despite the existence of multiple romanceable characters. In an Ask Me Anything that took place...Read more

source: PCGN

Last edited:
Seen a little bit of gameplay climbing to the top of the Temple of Artemis all I have to say is GOD DAMN!!! this games looks beautiful.

Curios to see what poses they have went with for all the other gods & titans. You see Poseidon and Zeus of the gods Atlas and Prometheus of the titans in the trailer I believe.

Boo no nudes!

But yay Greek actors! I insist on Nia Vardolas

Lack of nudity seems...odd for an M rated game with romance.

Last edited:
Some mothers group must have threatened to have a go at them maybe.

Oh well that’s what tumblr is for

Some mothers group must have threatened to have a go at them maybe.

Oh well that’s what tumblr is for

Someone will probably mod the pc version and add nudity. Odd that Ubi are not including nudity in Odyssey when Origins gave no ****s about showing nudity. Was a different team making this game?

Someone will probably mod the pc version and add nudity. Odd that Ubi are not including nudity in Odyssey when Origins gave no ****s about showing nudity. Was a different team making this game?

No idea but it seems extremely odd.

You can kill civillians and loot them in this game and there is no desynchronize punishment when you do it.

hqdefault.jpg

Elias Toufexis on Assassin's Creed Odyssey, The Expanse, and More! - Electric Playground Interview

756 views 1 day ago Published on 07/13/2018

Victor Lucas catches up with his pal Elias Toufexis on the floor of E3 2018 to chat about his acting work in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, as well as other upcoming projects like the new season of The Expanse, and when the Deus Ex franchise might return!

source:EPN.tv

Last edited:
So I started playing AC Origins, and I'm loving it. Really hypeing me up for Odyssey.

So while I'm enjoying AC Origins, one thing I find annoying is the levels each region has. Which basically means I can only visit each area when I'm leveled up. I would have preferred to be able to explore the whole map at will.

I hope Odyssey doesn't do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"