Assassins Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by terry78, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

Origins had the benefit of coming out after a two year hiatus and it was a total revamp of the series and its design. Odyssey is just another yearly assassin's creed game. It doesnt continue Bayek's story. And it's more of what Origins did with only minor tweaks. So it's not surprising that it doesnt seem to be generating a ton of hype. Plus we are still 2 months away from release. If reviews are good and when we get closer to release the Hype will increase some.

2. -VisionsVision-

-VisionsVision- Geralt of Rivia

I hope so...

3. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

I'm pretty hyped for it. I'm still playing Origins, put over 70 hours, just started playing The Hidden Ones. Seeing as Odyssey is taking what Origins started to a whole new level, I'm ready.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  4. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Oh well people weren’t hyped for Venom until recently but it looks like people are starting to care about that now. Maybe it’s better to not peak too soon

5. -VisionsVision-

Is there another games con coming up? Hopefully we get more info about the game soon....

6. Elayis

Elayis Well-Known Member

Gamescom at the end of August. Origins debuted some gameplay there last year.

7. -VisionsVision-

8. Elayis

Elayis Well-Known Member

No problem.

9. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

10. -VisionsVision-

So apparently
    Alexios and Kassandra are siblings.

11. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah wasn’t that revealed when they announced the game?

12. zenith16

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  13. -VisionsVision-

No.

14. Marvolo

I could have sworn that was already revealed. Plus, seemed obvious. Syndicate's protagonists were siblings.

15. zenith16

it was in early leak's thing went quiet since E3 came & went though. this article should help though it even has a youtube video Exploring the issue about the psibling leaks Here:

What happens to Kassandra or Alexios if we don't ... - Geek Assassin

https://www.geekassassin.com/kassandra-or-alexios-2/

Jul 5, 2018 - ... start Assassin's Creed Odyssey as either Kassandra or Alexios and ... said that characters Kassandra and Alexios were sister and brother.Read more

And another one here

Assassins Creed Odyssey Leaks!!!!! : assassinscreed - Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/.../assassins_creed_odyssey_leaks/

Jun 7, 2018 - 14 posts - ?11 authors
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey; Assassin's Creed Origins (& DLC); Assassin's Creed .... of the adventure, Alexios and Kassandra, each with a distinct history. Descendants of Leonidas 1st, they would both be brother and sister.Read more

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  16. zenith16

[​IMG]

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
    [Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gamescom 2018 trailers, screenshots
    Published 3 hours ago. 1 comment.

source:Gematsu

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  17. Marvolo

The map in this game is ****ing huge. Scroll down to the second video to see it up close:

https://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-will-be-much-longer-than-origins-but-should-it-be/?jwsource=cl

I knew it was big and had seen pics of it, but seeing it up close in a video, the scale of the thing is just...:wow:

And Medusa is in the game in an actual side mission and turns people to stone. A writer at PCGamer said the in-game explanation of why she is there is "neat" and that she isn't an animus glitch the way the gods in Origins were. I'm guessing shes somehow connected to the First Civilization. Maybe she's a very old hybrid animal that was created by the First Civilization scientists and she survived until the time period of the game.:shrug:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  18. zenith16

two Articles from different places one mostly in video ther confirming the above in written form . the Assassin's Creed series is now doing the 'games as service' model,

[​IMG]

1K views 15 hours ago Published on 08/22/2018
    Today in the Rundown, the Star Wars franchise has found a new home in the mobile game market, the Assassin's Creed series is embracing the 'games as service' model, Valve takes on Twitch and YouTube with Steam.tv, James Bond finds an impossible new director, and finally, the makers of Until Dawn have a terrifying new project on the way!

Confirming the video above

[​IMG]

There will be no new Assassin’s Creed game in 2019

23 hours ago |Read more

source:EPN.tv& [​IMG]PCGN

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  19. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

If Medusa isn't a glitch I'm gonna guess the Minotaur isn't either, I really hope they go all out with Greek mythology on this one, tying it to the First Civilization would be a neat idea.

20. Marvolo

I think eventually they should do an Assassin game dealing with Atlantis and a game set during the time of the First Civilization. Just to spice things up a bit. As enjoyable as the historical settings are, with the First Civilization stuff there's a lot more room in this franchise for fantasy and mythical locations.

Origins even had hints of wormholes and time travel so eventually an Assassin could end up pulled into a wormhole and dropped into the far past. I think the best way to do it would be for Abstergo to crack time travel and they abandon the animus and instead go back in time and try to change the past to eliminate their enemies and secure their dominance over the world. So the Assassins have to go back in time to keep Abstergo from screwing up the past. This would also allow the games to do unexpected things with historical events and people. Any differences could be explained away as a consequence of Abstergo and the Assassins screwing with time travel. Plus the player would be able to have actual meaningful impacts on historical events which would increase the RPG elements of the franchise.

21. BrollySupersj

There is infact a rumor that one of the expansions will be set within Atlantis.

22. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Sounds good. I'm happy for them to go in fantasy and mythological directions in future games.

23. Marvolo

[Yt]gh_O4ZKUm0U[/MEDIA]

Such a beautiful game.

24. BrollySupersj

I'm not ashamed to say I'm going to use Spider-Man PS4 just to speed up time until Assassin's Creed Odyssey is released.

Eímai sti mégisti dimosiótita

25. Marvolo

The Medusa fight is on YouTube. It reveals the explanation for why Medusa is in the game.

There is a First Civilization artifact, shaped sort of like a snake. It seems the artifact mutates a person into the Medusa monster and gives them all sorts of powers. An NPC's loved one found the artifact somehow and it mutated her into a Medusa. The fight takes place in the ruins of a First Civilization temple.

The medusa myth that the Ancient Greeks told was based on the women that had been mutated by the artifact. The ancient greeks didnt understand the real reason behind the mutation and the Medusa. Kassandra/Alexios take the artifact after the fight.