Assassin's Creed Prequel for DS

Spidey-Bat

Ours is the Fury
Reaction score
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26153580

Last July, Ubisoft unloaded the entirety of its holdings in mobile-game developer Gameloft in an effort to refocus the reportedly $112 million in funds on other growth opportunities. However, as noted by Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot at the time of the transaction, the two companies would remain in cahoots, though now only at an operational level.

It now appears that one of the offsprings of that relationship will be the Nintendo DS edition of Assassin's Creed, as revealed by box-art scans obtained by enthusiast blog Go Nintendo. The game--which has yet to be officially announced, though retailer listings and its appearance on Nintendo's 2008 release lineup have all but confirmed it--will apparently be a prequel to its console counterparts, and go by the subtitle Altair's Chronicles. In the course of telling the story of the titular medieval murderer, the game will allow players to use the DS stylus to "interrogate informers" and pickpocket strangers.

Altair's Chronicles will be the second version of Assassin's Creed developed by Gameloft. The France-based developer also created the mobile edition of the game last year--a demo of which is available on Gameloft's Web site--as well as the Xbox Live Arcade revamping of the classic platformer Prince of Persia.

asscreedds369_screen.jpg

Sounds cool! I heard Assasins creed was amazing! So I'll def. be checking this out

Seeing how thrown-together the console version was, I have very low expectations for the DS incarnation.

Seeing how awesome the console version was, I have pretty decent expectations for the DS incarnation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"