Atheism : Love it or Leave it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left it. I found that I wasn't happy as an atheist, and that I really did believe in God, so I just decided to find a faith that spoke to me, and after some time (and help) I returned to Christianity.

I was atheist for a while, but it didn't work precisely either. My ideas on everything now are... more complicated to say the least.

I was atheist for a while, but it didn't work precisely either. My ideas on everything now are... more complicated to say the least.

Would you care to dive into those ideas of yours?

got to be able to narrow things down fairly quickly tho. things like personal or impersonal god.

got to be able to narrow things down fairly quickly tho. things like personal or impersonal god.

Such a question could pose years of analysis. :wow:

I mean what is the difference if a GOD is all things?

you're talking about something like god and the universe, omniverse, multiverse being synonymous. then it doesn't take long to explain that either.

you're talking about something like god and the universe, omniverse, multiverse being synonymous. then it doesn't take long to explain that either.

Indeed I was being sarcastic which is a pointless effort nine times out of ten on the internet.

But what is the difference between a personal or impersonal god?

the scope of their intrest and interaction, wants, desires, rules.

for sarcasm i often think it's best to white out a true none sacastic view in the post.

the scope of their intrest and interaction, wants, desires, rules.

You mean the idiviauals personal wants, desires, rules pushed onto that individuals own idea of GOD. So by doing this they manifest their own personal GOD for wish fulfilment?

no in this thought experiment we assume the god is real and has made their wishes known through inspiration. it's the only way to understand a religious persons view.

no in this thought experiment we assume the god is real and has made their wishes known through inspiration. it's the only way to understand a religious persons view.

Ah I see. Of course we must first think like them to understand their point of view. They think GOD is real and so they try to interpret his plan via their own eyes. Hence giving that person their own personal view (plan from GOD).

or someone else eyes. there is a difference between a personal view of god and whether the god is what is termed a personal god or not tho.

9.gif

or someone else eyes. there is a difference between a personal view of god and whether the god is what is termed a personal god or not tho.

Of course if there are so many interpritaions of GOD how can anyone be sure they have the right one?

It shouldn't matter who they believe as long as they do believe. I think that might be out of a film, but I'm eggnostic so what do I know eh?

It shouldn't matter who they believe as long as they do believe. I think that might be out of a film, but I'm eggnostic so what do I know eh?

Thanks for that input egg

Of course if there are so many interpritaions of GOD how can anyone be sure they have the right one?

such is the nature of interpretations. there are a certain amount of assumptions you have to take about the nature of reality just to have any idea or belief about anything. those assuptions i assume vary from person to person.

such is the nature of interpretations. there are a certain amount of assumptions you have to take about the nature of reality just to have any idea or belief about anything. those assuptions i assume vary from person to person.

Not to sound to dire but then how do any of us even pretend to know what going on.

i really wished you'd gone with eggnogstic.

Not to sound to dire but then how do any of us even pretend to know what going on.

well you don't really need to know what's really going on you just need to try to understand your experience of existance.

well you don't really need to know what's really going on you just need to try to understand your experience of existance.

Indeed which then leads some back to the teaching of religons....I guess. Which in fact starts the question of why are we here.

philosophy covers the same ground tho. that's enough for me.

i should really add that one of the reasons that i'm an athiest is that a god doesn't satisfactorily explain existance in my mind.

What made you pick Christianity instead of something else? Just asking.

Christianity shared most of the basic principles I had, plus there was the familiarity factor (as I was raised Catholic), so I knew all the characters so to speak.

I originally tried Buddhism, but the more I read the more I saw that it wasn't for me.

Oh, and you don't have to explain why you're asking, I like talking about it. It's just when close-minded people jump into these conversations that I bail out of the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"