First Avenger Audiences reactions to new Cap trailer attached to TF3

oldspiceguy.jpg

Where in the hell do you guys live where you get audience reactions at the movies? Everyone where I live just kind of sits there with their thumbs up their asses.

probably depends on the day of the week too. lol
I can Remember seeing some thing with IM2 attached at the front of it and the theater was full of senior citizens, they all applauded the Trailer. lol

It still shouldn't say "Eingabepunkt". That's the prompt or field where you enter your data. :doh:
Oh, haha, I guess there's no way to even fanwank that one away. :woot:

As for audience reactions, I find them most common on opening weekend since those are the crowds most enthusiastic about the movies they're seeing. Otherwise, in my experience, people just kinda sit down and shut up.

In college i was involved in an international off road race called the mini baja. There were two Brazilian teams. One of them took second in one of the events. during the awards ceremony, each team was called up, and each sent a representative down to the podium. All the teams, mostly American, one South Korean team, a few Canadian teams, and two Mexican team, all sent individuals down who walked calmly down to the podium while receiving applause. When the Brazilian team was called, there representative ran down the isle, carrying a 6 foot tall Brazilian Flag, waving it around like crazy. Did we roll our eyes? Nope, we applauded even louder because we enjoyed their national pride. :)

Exactly! It's like when im watching a soccer (excuse me, FOOTBALL :cwink: ) game from England and seeing all the union jacks flying. Makes me wish i was British.

Where in the hell do you guys live where you get audience reactions at the movies? Everyone where I live just kind of sits there with their thumbs up their asses.

:woot:

Friday night is usually the best night to hear enthusiasm, in my neck of the woods...

I think the Heroes are made in America line would have been hilarious had a non-American dude been chosen for the role. The late night comedy circuit woulda had a field day with that one.

As for audience reactions, I find them most common on opening weekend since those are the crowds most enthusiastic about the movies they're seeing. Otherwise, in my experience, people just kinda sit down and shut up.

I was pleasantly surprised, the *cough* 4 times I went to see Thor in the theaters in the Boston area, that each time, I got an audience that was fairly reactive. The loudest reactions were definitely opening weekend (more cheering for exciting bits), but at least the funny bits still tended to get reactions 5 weeks or so after that. (When it was still managing to half-fill a theater.)

Reactions to trailers, I've mostly heard in murmering rather than cheering or clapping, though sometimes laughing. And on one memorable occasion in front of Thor, when a Green Lantern trailer was played, a conversation behind me that went: "Oh, isn't he going to be in the Avengers too?" -- "No, he's DC, you're thinking of Captain America."

It's a trailer. This is not like midnight screening reactions. People see trailer. They watch it. They sit there. That's 95% of it.

This thread has gone places previous pages I am just ashamed of :facepalm:

It certainly would have been very appropriate. On the other hand, though, the release date Cap has is probably a safer one, since it gives people a chance to breathe from the recent continuous release of "superhero" films(Thor, X-Men, and Green Lantern). It keeps the film from falling victim to a possible "genre" fatigue.

Not to mention the onslaught of transformers 3 and harry potter. Either of those could derail and screw with the box office of any film released b4 or at the same time as these juggernauts.

My only concern about the film is the post conversion 3D.
Could be risky.

It looks pretty bad, compared to tf3, the cap trailer looked liked it had flat cardboard cutout layers. Post processed 3d just doesn't have the real depth that a film actually shot with 3d cameras can provide, transformers 3d was amazing, and what makes even more impressive is how much of it was shot in live action.

Not to mention the onslaught of transformers 3 and harry potter. Either of those could derail and screw with the box office of any film released b4 or at the same time as these juggernauts.

I don't get why they are releasing it a week after HP. HP usually has good legs.

It does but its also one of those films, like twilight, where the fanbase and the people that r gonna see it, r going to do so as soon as possible. The legs it normally has are becuz of repeat viewings, not the general audience seeing it for the first time. At least that what I would assume. That film is gonna be huge regardless, I am just happy its gonna be outa the way and give cap some breathing room.

I don't get why they are releasing it a week after HP. HP usually has good legs.
Harry Potter movies tend to drop very sharply in their second weekends (usually to the tune of 60%). If that happens again, expect Captain America to take #1 in its opening weekend.

It's a trailer. This is not like midnight screening reactions. People see trailer. They watch it. They sit there. That's 95% of it.

.....be thankful Nazi's weren't a theme :D

WE can change that ya know lol Bunnies were a theme. :D

But if you go to an evening showing on a Friday/Saturday Night, usually there are a lot of younger people there and they like to react to trailers. Cap got a big response, people cheering, screaming "America **** yeah!" All that stuff.

So I guess it really does depend on where you go, but people do react to trailers from what I see. And they have been for the past 28 years of me going to the movies.:o

Well when we saw the Trailer with the Walmart and Dr Pepper people THEY were from all over and all loved it. I would like to see a reaction here in the middle of the week if I can locate the trailer lol

I went to Tron Legacy to see the Thor trailer specifically and it wasn't on the movie that it was supposed to be on.

I went to Tron Legacy to see the Thor trailer specifically and it wasn't on the movie that it was supposed to be on.

Soo... You encountered some claim that a Thor trailer was supposed to be on TRON: Legacy, and despite evidence to the contrary, you still believed it? :huh:

Tbh, when I saw the trailer with TF3 on june 29th, not many people reacted. WHich is sad, IMO.

Why is it sad? Most people, at least in my experience, don't really react to trailers much except to laugh at the jokes sometimes included in them.

Of course, I prefer not to see a movie on opening night, so I probably miss the most enthusiastic crowds.

Can't say I've ever noticed that much of a reaction to trailers, even when the theatres more or less packed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"