First Avenger Audiences reactions to new Cap trailer attached to TF3

They think it looks "Stupid"? Seriously? As compared to what other movies this summer?

It certainly looks the most realistic out of all the superhero flicks...

There were a bunch of people in my Theater who thought Cap looked bad i don't know what they were smoking. I don't think Cap will be bad but i don't think it's going to make a lot of money either

A skinny runt develops a new athletic physique from the combination of a Super Soldier Serum and radiation treatments ?
And then (if they follow the comics) he is frozen in ice from WWII to the present?
Interesting and exciting definitely.
But not realistic.

There were a bunch of people in my Theater who thought Cap looked bad i don't know what they were smoking. I don't think Cap will be bad but i don't think it's going to make a lot of money either

So you're telling me in your theater, a bunch of people watched the Cap trailer, then what...booed?, or stood up and said "yeah that looked bad"....

Seriously? :yay:

So you're telling me in your theater, a bunch of people watched the Cap trailer, then what...booed?, or stood up and said "yeah that looked bad"....

Exactly.

All I ever hear is whispers and murmuring.

People have been seeing it so much on tv as of late it doesn't look as campy as it may have.

Well they didn't do that but i heard people saying that "the movie will suck" and it looks "dorky" and i heard one guy even say "lame" around me. The Crowd in my theater was really wild. Lots of young teenagers no respect for Cap

Well they didn't do that but i heard people saying that "the movie will suck" and it looks "dorky" and i heard one guy even say "lame" around me. The Crowd in my theater was really wild. Lots of young teenagers no respect for Cap

The "my theater" experience doesn't work as microcosm for the film market place. Everyone who always argues this always only notices what justifies their own personal viewpoint, not necessarily reality.

Well when I went tO see Thor and when the theater showed the trailer for green lantern my theater reacted the same way when they saw the new cap trailer in dotm so I don't know I just want cap to be a really great movie and I wish it does really well and becomes hits like iron man or even Thor

Once again, the "your theater" test doesn't represent reality 9 times out of 10. No matter what movie you saw when. This is because people always hear the people they want to hear, and don't listen to the entire crowd. It's simple human nature.

I don't get these theater reactions, the most I get is when people laugh at a joke in a trailer.

My reaction was the Cap trailer was better than the whole Transformer movie. But that's me.

I finally got around to doing a comparison between the US version text and the version I'm screening in New Zealand...

US
On July 22 (Long pause)

Heroes

Are Made

In America

NZ
This Year (Long pause)

When Evil Rises

A Hero

Will Stand

I'd say that my version is a pretty generic international edition, judging by the lack of a specific release date. It was a smart move avoiding the US version of the rest of the text as well. It's a shame that the creators of the trailer couldn't sort out something palatable to all audiences for global Internet exposure reasons though. :whatever:

Incidentally, the beats are the same, so the word "Rises" is gone by the time that line is read through. It took me a couple of views to work out what that word was. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"