Australian's Worried?

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by VinnieB, May 1, 2006.

1. VinnieB Registered

Hey everyone i was just wondering everywhere else around the world has seen tv spots, billboards, trailers etc but i fear for us aussies who i think have seen none advertising whats sooo ever so i decided to make this thread in regards to trailers, Tv spots Billboards posters etc and so we can tell each other where they are.
    I'm from Melbourne and the only advertising ive seen at my local cinemas is

* Xwith claws poster
    * BIG X3 stands
    * Teaser attached to Scary Movie 4
    * Full Trailer attached to The Hills Have eyes

but thats it ive been looking out for billboards and nothing. Half my friends no nothing about x3 or dont know whe it is coming out only reason is amount casue i said we are going to the midnight session and draggin you all there.

Anyone else have there stories to share??
    Do you think the current BIG BROTHER series will have like a comp like they did for the FANTASTIC FOUR??

2. danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Nah, don't worry about it. We had the 'Take a Stand' posters everywhere in NY for a few weeks back in March, but it ended pretty quickly--now the city has been taken over by "DaVinci Code" billboards.

There's also a giant MI:3 billboard over the ESPN Zone on 42nd St, and a new Superman billboard in Times Square.

Now that I think of it, I wish Fox would get cracking and start putting up some more X-Men billboards again!!

3. ord0g Registered

I'm from Melbourne too and I exactly haven't seen much going around. The odd poster and stand here and there but nothing much. Can't say that there has been anything on FTA TV either.

4. N_z0 Registered

Should I make one for Canada too, as i haven't seen the film advertised at all.

:(

5. Neto Magnus Registered

Isn't everything backwards down there? Maybe you'll start seeing some marketing in June.:up:

6. Emma718 Registered

i have seen only at my local cinama at Australia Fair, a BIG X3 stand thingy and the teaser..my friend said the teaser or tralier of X3 not sure what one was attached to The Ringer when she saw it

7. Silent_Assassin Registered

I'm from Australia too (Brisbane) and i havent seen any advertising, 'cept a teaser trailer once in my theater, in the foyer, i recently saw Scary Movie 4 aswell, and no sign of a trailer there!

8. Optic Rage Registered

you think thats bad the only thing ive seen about X3 over here are the empire magazines..not even a stand in my cinema...

9. Emma718 Registered

thursday or friday i am gonna go to my cinama and check if they have recently put anything up for it.

10. Retroman Registered

UPDATE
    I got this e-mail newsletter from Digital Media World but forgot to post it. I think it might be of interest since it takes place in Australia.

This X3 event at the DM Festival takes place on Wednesday June7th 3:30PM.
    More info: http://www.dmw.com.au/html/DMF/DMF_Mel_06/dmf_intro.html

11. Emma718 Registered

o wow interesting :)

12. CeeJay Registered

Yeah, I actually am a bit, because I haven't seen a whole lot of promo here at all aye. That's Sydney though. I don't get why, but I'm assuming Fox knows what they're doing. I reckon they are still gonna roll out with the big guns soon.

13. SingItWithMeNow Registered

worried about what exacly? we have a very mild approach to advertising, always have.

14. LEX Registered

I'm worried. I haven't seen a single trailer or TV spot on my TV since ever.

15. Ahura Mazda Registered

Well here in Switzerland I have not seen anything. However, in Paris I did see a few gigantic billboards.

16. berzerko89 Registered

Im not worried just as long as X3 can be viewed in all cinemas around the world, Im happy :)

17. LEX Registered

But we got the huge-ass billboard that Retro posted. Good enough for me. But I just wanna see some major promotion and TV spots on Australian televisions. I am sick of seeing Cruise running around in my TV b/c he got a bomb in his brain. Bleh. :o

18. Chris M Registered

Ummm guys?... Massive X3 billboard in Melbourne

West Gate Freeway (inbound) at the overpass over Montague St (Docklands turnoff).

....and we get it a day earlier again. This makes the three for three! Dont know why Fox always treats Aussie X-Men fans so well!

19. LEX Registered

What about Sydney, then?

20. Optic Rage Registered

jeez do you want one in every city?

you should be happy that you are at least getting something...there is not one single thing in ireland..no tv spots havent seen it as a trailer in the cinema..no posters....nothing.

nobody even knows the movie is coming out over here.

21. LEX Registered

Yes, that'd be nice.

22. Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

same thing here in canda all i have seen is the trailer attached to the benchwarmers the x3 claw poster and the big x logo..oh and some magazines

23. VinnieB Registered

Yeh thanks for that well all your points are true like today in the city every bus stand has a MI3 poster. When will us without billboards etc get like bus shelter poster etc. i have a feeling maybe next week some time we might get some advertising on tv cause usually they start bout 2 - 2 1/2 weeks b 4

24. Emma718 Registered

don't fear..X3 promotion will be everywhere soon :)

25. VinnieB Registered

Okay australia there is 3 weeks till Xmen:The last stand hits our screen. BRING ON ADVERTISEMENT same for places and countires around the world with lack of adds