Avatar The Last Airbender (Anime or....?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brave Soldier Boy

Leaves from the vine,
Falling so slow,
Like fragile, tiny shells,
Drifting in the foam,
Brave soldier boy,
Come marching home,
Brave soldier boy,
Comes marching home.

Gets me sad everytime :csad:

Thanks for the words there SM :up: It was a little hard to tell the first words over the music.

Tales of Ba Sing Se got me hooked on the series, I immediatley bought the Book 1 set.

cabel said:
Tales of Ba Sing Se got me hooked on the series, I immediatley bought the Book 1 set.

weird. tales was generally a lot more boring as compared to other episodes. still, a good call. you'll like Book 1 if you're into light hearted adventure series. book 2 is a little more storyline driven

I think I liked Tales because, being a newb to the series, it was a nice way to get introduced to characters

cabel said:
I think I liked Tales because, being a newb to the series, it was a nice way to get introduced to characters

Sure is. Too bad it's probably the last ep where Iroh was voiced by the late and great Mako. You'll really dig Book 1 though Zuko's a bit of a jerk with no fashion sense then.

OMG!!! I'm so glad I found this thread. I saw Tales and it was first episode I saw and instanly fell in love with this potential masterpeice. So I got my hands on the first two books thus far and let me say, WOW!

The complex story, in depth characters, and great one-liners, it leaves me speechless. Oh yeah, the fight and magic scenes aren't slouchy either.

I was amazed when I reconized the quality voice acting.

I know that it isn't technically anime, but I think its far better than TT and it could be dubbed as American Anime. The lips machting the words gave it away as American, but I love the art.

I can't wait for more.

Sorry, I'm so late in the game with this, but does any one have any spoilers, or thoughts on who is going to finish teaching Ang firebending?

Who's going to take out Ozai, or Azula? Will Zuko not get cold feet on his next date with whats-her-face (who was awsome, btw)? Will Sokka end up with Toph or Suki? Will Iroh ever get his rightful place on the throne?
Thoughts, opinons, answers???

The Question said:
Possibly. Truth be told, they're the most two dimensional characters on the show. Ozai's your standard evil dictator and Azula's your standard crazy assasin *****. A little backstory and character developement with them would be nice. At the very least, show a little bit of Azula's personal life. I mean, she can't be a crazy assasin ***** all the time. I'd think she has friends and something resembling a social life when she's not, you know, killing people.

Azula is a psychopath, she sees others merely tools to be used. It seem 2-D but a lot of people are like that in real life.

Goddessreicho said:
Sorry, I'm so late in the game with this, but does any one have any spoilers, or thoughts on who is going to finish teaching Ang firebending?

I don't know why but I keep feeling that it's going to be Zuko's mom. After the Firelord was killed/passed away, Zuko and Azula's mom disappeared from the palace and hasn't been seen since.(IIRC)

She would be a semi-logical person to teach Aang how to firebend, if you ask me.:cwink:

I had the impression that Zuko would reluctantly become Aang's tutor.

Hi HOF! Nice to see you.

I think that Azula killed her mother and King Grandpa. Here's why. During Ozai's audience with his father he had asked for him to revoke Iroh's birthrite. King Grandpa flat out refused.

The next thing that happens is that King Grap's is dead, Ozai is King, Iroh is out. Axula and Ozai are just alike. Both are second born ambitious evil bastards that will do anything to get what they want. The only two people in the way were Mum and King Grandpa. One is dead and the other is MIA never to be seen or heard from again. Hmm.. now that I think about it, maybe Azula killed her mum and Ozai killed his father on the same night.

It's only a matter of time before Azula get's it in her head to kll her brother so she can be the new heir. Again following in her father's footsteps.

Goddessreicho said:
Hi HOF! Nice to see you.

I think that Azula killed her mother and King Grandpa. Here's why. During Ozai's audience with his father he had asked for him to revoke Iroh's birthrite. King Grandpa flat out refused.

The next thing that happens is that King Grap's is dead, Ozai is King, Iroh is out. Axula and Ozai are just alike. Both are second born ambitious evil bastards that will do anything to get what they want. The only two people in the way were Mum and King Grandpa. One is dead and the other is MIA never to be seen or heard from again. Hmm.. now that I think about it, maybe Azula killed her mum and Ozai killed his father on the same night.

It's only a matter of time before Azula get's it in her head to kll her brother so she can be the new heir. Again following in her father's footsteps.

:wow: Okay Azula is twisted but that would be too twisted for Nick... :wow: I think Ursa killed King Grampa. Because remember she told Zuko everything she's done has been for him. And remember the king want Ozai to kill Zuko for what he said about taking Iroh's place.

I saw Appa's Lost Days. OMG I hate everyone in Ba Sing Se now. This city is horrible. I felt so bad for Appa.

I finally saw Appa's Lost Days. It just reinforced why The Big Guy is in my top three. Well actually there isn't a character on the show that I don't like. Even the villians are great villians. Take the head of the Dai Li, Lei Fong. That is his name right?

He is a bigger jerk than Ozai, IMO. Instead of being open about his cruelty his is sneaky and underhanded. He is a bad bad man. I can't wait until a glowing Ang makes him meet a tiled floor.

The Overlord said:
Azula is a psychopath, she sees others merely tools to be used. It seem 2-D but a lot of people are like that in real life.

Yeah, I know. But even psychopaths have some nuance to them. Obviously, she was raised to be a warrior, not a real person. But I'd expect that there's still some person in there on some level. That's where you've got depth.

thanks to the power of youtube and tivo I finally got caught up on Book 2, I have to say 'The Desert' might be my favorite ep. Very little can top Sokka and Moumo tripping on cactus juice.

"Who lit Toph on fire?"

I love this series Iv'e made amv's using the coolest songs if these show was a tinge bit more grittier than it would be my favorite cartoon but Aang is a little too childish.

how should we know it has the weirdest schedule?

It's been announced, Book 2: Volume 1 on January 23!

ghost113 said:
what is that the next dvd or episode?

Unfortuantly it is a single DVD with about 4 episodes from the show....instead of just releasing the Boxset when the season is complete, they do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.