Avatar: The Legend Of Korra - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janet Varney replied to two fans (at least) on her Twitter that it's coming mid-April-ish.

I was actually expecting that. That it didn't happen was great, but it just made Korra and Mako look worse.

Yeah, that couple just feels so forced. I get no chemistry from them. It made me feel very bad for Asami too, because she a very likeable character. I even felt there was more chemistry between Korra and Bolin or Mako and Asami than Korra and Mako. Korra and Mako are just so... boring.

It's even more forced than Katara and Aang.

The trailer will come soon enough. I'm sure we will begin seeing things this coming week or next. No sense in wasting money on advertising when word of mouth, internet and one week of promos can do the job for you.

Yeah, that couple just feels so forced. I get no chemistry from them. It made me feel very bad for Asami too, because she a very likeable character. I even felt there was more chemistry between Korra and Bolin or Mako and Asami than Korra and Mako. Korra and Mako are just so... boring.

It's even more forced than Katara and Aang.
Katara and Aang felt forced? But i agree with what you said of Asami, i'm also glad they didn't make her "evil" just because of what happened.

Katara and Aang felt forced? But i agree with what you said of Asami, i'm also glad they didn't make her "evil" just because of what happened.

Yeah I didn't feel that katara and aang's relationship was forced at all. They gave Katara other love interests during their story and even teased a possible relationship with her and Zuko. I think the development of their relationship was natural. Katara watched as Aang developed into a slightly lol more mature teen and avatar.

Also, I agree I'm glad that Asami didn't become bad/evil or rather spiteful just because. I do think that her and Mako made a better pair and Bolin and Korra were more similar because of their childish playful nature. However, I guess the whole bad boy dark and mysterious teen vampire robert pattinson thing wins and korra is just another victim of that lol.

It would be interesting if Asami and Iroh or Asami and Bolin pair together. I can see Asami crushing on Bolin because of his playful, romantic, doing all he can to please a woman nature. Asami seems like the type that has always had order, business and structure in her life so someone that is the opposite might be of interest for her. Now that I think of it Asami and Bolin would make a better couple than Asami and Mako for a couple of reasons.

Alright seriously, go watch Marshall Turner's Korranaylsis Part 2 on Youtube. It is actually pretty funny and makes some solid points.

Audio commentary on every episode? Guess I'm getting the Blu-Ray.

To respond to this news I bring you a message from a previous life of tenzins:
Awww_yeah.jpg

Finally.

And, looking on Amazon, pretty good price, too.

I've finished the Korranalysis; I disagree with Turner on every point except Korra getting her bending back. As it stands, it feels a bit deus ex. However, the creators do have the chance to show us in Book II that there's no free lunches. Everything has its price. I hope the creators take that opportunity with the plot.

Also, I rather liked Korra's style. My kind of hero.

edit: Maybe Amon used his bloodbending to create something like clots to block the benders' chi?

Last edited:
Put down my pre-order on Amazon for the blu-ray only because I hope its region-free. I am quite excited to see what extras it comes with.

I've finished the Korranalysis; I disagree with Turner on every point except Korra getting her bending back. As it stands, it feels a bit deus ex. However, the creators do have the chance to show us in Book II that there's no free lunches. Everything has its price. I hope the creators take that opportunity with the plot.

Also, I rather liked Korra's style. My kind of hero.

edit: Maybe Amon used his bloodbending to create something like clots to block the benders' chi?

Even the ones that show him giving the show credit?

What exactly do you disagree with and why? I personally think his critique of the first come of episodes is a little harsh, as I thought they were quite good in the world building.

Even the ones that show him giving the show credit?

What exactly do you disagree with and why? I personally think his critique of the first come of episodes is a little harsh, as I thought they were quite good in the world building.

I can't honestly address the props he gave the show; I only recall some of his critiques that I disagreed with. So, as far as his critiques go, I disagree with his assessment of Mako (and maybe Korra too? I don't remember if he called her a jerk too in respect to the thing with Bolin) as a jerk. From my perspective, Mako was focused on making a name for his bending team while Bolin read Korra the wrong way; thus I didn't really feel too bad for him.

As for bloodbending, I can accept that Amon was probably able to increase the blood vessels' vasopermeabilty, drawing in blood proteins, cells, and fluid to create clots that blocked the benders' chi.

I disagreed with his assessment of Korra as a hero; he says attempted murderer when she confronted Amon's brother. I say hero who did what she needed. Calling out Amon early on was simply a character flaw that went hand in hand with her hotheadedness.

Actually there was. A small (very small) scene was shown for Season 2 a while ago. it featured Korra going up against a "Dark Spirit" and we know the spirit most likely was octopus. No date for Season 2 though....still.

That's what in the meantime I've been writing my own original Avatar story based on the Earthbending Avatar that would come after Korra. I call it Avatar: Spirit of Earth.

I have over 35 chapters so far and have a banner featuring my main characters. I'm also about to work with some artists to make an intro sequence to what Korra and TLA had. Very exciting.

Sick. They're really dragging their feet on this, but it's better than getting a sloppy rush job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"