Avatar: The Legend Of Korra - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mq60x8Wz611sqldxlo1_500.jpg

This will forever and always be my all time favorite reaction gif as nothing can ever beat it in my eyes:

tumblr_inline_mq60lzFbMw1qz4rgp.gif

I just saw that Street Fighter movie last night ^_^

A trailer and a start date for book 2. September.

That's what's was shown? Nice.
Still going on. They are showing the episode right now. It seems that Korra is still headstrong, still not paying attention to her airbending. Good. I am happy they haven't rushed that development.

The first Avatar footage is absolutely stunning. And the rest ain't bad either. :hehe:

Wow, the animaion looks so damn good!

Wow, the animaion looks so damn good!
Yeah, and I thought the first season looked good. This is ridiculous and it looks enormous. I just hope the story and writing matches the animation. Then we are in for something truly special. A:TLA season 2 special.

Yeah, and I thought the first season looked good. This is ridiculous and it looks enormous. I just hope the story and writing matches the animation. Then we are in for something truly special. A:TLA season 2 special.
The one thing I haven't latched onto yet with this series as opposed to A:TLA is the characters. Maybe it's that the LOK characters are more flawed and complicated (and they're teenagers), but I just found the A:TLA characters more likeable right off the bat--despite being preteens, they seemed more mature 12 episodes in than the main LOK characters have so far. I don't know, maybe I'm romanticizing things, and maybe I'm not being fair.

Seriously, there seems to be so much stuff going on, can't wait to see it.

The one thing I haven't latched onto yet with this series as opposed to A:TLA is the characters. Maybe it's that the LOK characters are more flawed and complicated (and they're teenagers), but I just found the A:TLA characters more likeable right off the bat--despite being preteens, they seemed more mature 12 episodes in than the main LOK characters have so far. I don't know, maybe I'm romanticizing things, and maybe I'm not being fair.
Nah, I fell in love with the A:TLA characters a lot easier as well. I think a lot of it is simply down to the writing of both the characters and the story.

Outside of Aang and Toph the Gaang were all technically teens, but clearly younger. Yes they whined and acted like children quite a bit and they all had their flaws, but they also seem to truly grasp the gravity of the situation a lot better. These were kids fighting a war asked to do things we wouldn't ask from most adults. Their maturity level just felt much higher. And I just loved their personalities.

Compare this to Korra who is too busy pining for Mako to learn airbending. All that crying about wanting to learn airbending, she gets there, and it is the last thing on her mind. "Tenzin, please teach me. No you are doing it wrong, leave me alone." Just places her in a bad light imo. :funny:

But I still really do like Korra. Even more so when it comes to Tenzin and his family, Lin, Bolin and Asami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"