Avatar: The Legend Of Korra - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we can gather from Wan and Roku, the endings would usually end in failure.... Which is what the TLAB proved.

Schedule

Howdy everyone!

Korra is back on this week, kicking off the month-long homestretch of Book 2. And what would Book 2 be without another new time? All of the remaining airings of Korra will start at 8pm/7c until Book 2 is over. Here’s the breakdown:

Friday, Nov. 1, 8:00pm – Episode 9

Friday, Nov. 8, 8:00pm – Episode 10

Friday, Nov. 15, 8:00pm – Episodes 11 & 12 (one hour!)

Friday, Nov. 22, 8:00pm – Episodes 13 & 14 (one hour finale!)

So you can see with those two one-hours it made more sense to start at 8:00, and to just air the rest all at the same start time.

Hard to believe it is almost over. These episodes, especially the last four, pack a serious wallop, so those are going to be two incredibly dense, juicy one-hours. It has been a long, hard road to get these episodes finished. In fact, we’re still finishing the last one! It’s always down to the wire with us. Have a fun, safe Halloween and I hope you enjoy the back end of Book 2!

http://tmblr.co/ZMz7zvz4mbNc

It feels like I write this almost every time, but [blackout]poor Asami. Gets back with the guy who dumped her only to see him arrested and told he's been stealing from her. Time to get mad Asami![/blackout]

And I was about to groan for seeing more Tenzin family vacation until [blackout]yay Korra showed up! Tenzin still being stubborn with a chip on his shoulder, which is why he and Korra have had problems working together. Too alike.[/blackout]

Jinora [blackout]has something useful to contribute instead of plot filler.[/blackout] Good.

Unalaq [blackout]and Vaatu.[/blackout]

Eska [blackout]choosing her brother over her father's demands to assault the portal[/blackout] was nice to see.

Varrick [blackout]to Mako (paraphrased): 'those are some nice friends you got. Hate to see anything happen to them'. Gangster.[/blackout]

Last edited:
It would be the one child of Tenzin that I actually like that turns out to be the key to the Spirit world. Good one kid. Now we know who and what that statue she was looking at was. Poor Tenzin... He really has not gotten used to disappointment in life, even as a high level adept. Still, I actually had my heartstrings tugged when Korra admitted she was wrong and needed Tenzin still. I know that she is a new incarnation of the Avatar, but I think it would be interesting to see Tenzin recognize something of his father in Korra.

I still think Varik is actually more than he seems, but not a no goodnik. The voice actor is awesome and I love his comedic relief. However somebody has to be framing Mako. I wonder, if Asami chooses not to press charges, will they let him go? It was her warehouse that was broken into.

Korra in the Spirit world, eh? I think I will say what most of everyone else is thinking: BRING ON KO, THE FACE STEALER ALREADY!!!

Something had occured to me. I thought Bending was impossible in the spirit world... Also, Varik is clearly rotten, and they way he dry threatened Bolin and Asami....not to mention Varik has the other two cops in his pocket, and tried to buy off Mako as well.

Hill: Bending is impossible when its just your spirit that crossed over. Unalaq and his gets went fully into the spirit world. So bending was still possible.

This episode was good, Korra acted very maturely (while Tenzin acted immaturely) it was good. But there were still things that irked me. What have they done to Lin and Asami?

Here's my review, check it out and let's talk in the comments.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/11/legend-korra-guide-review/

I liked seeing Korra and Tenzin acting like one another. Nice development. Varrick's meeting with Mako didn't go exactly how I thought it would.

What a fantastic episode. After the incident with their father, it looks like the twins might be going to Korra's side, after all. It'll be nice to see them more well-rounded and not so robotic all of the time. And Unalaq's water drill was just awesome. The bending is just looking so much better than past episodes, excluding the last two.

I really enjoyed the music for this episode, too. Especially at the end, how the music builds when they reach the spirit world.

A few things bothered me. Such as:

-Some of the dialogue
-A plot point that was introduced in the beginning is FINALLY relevant
-Lin believing criminals
-The Mako and Asami love triangle.... Really?
-Unolock (or however you spell it) still is a fool.

Hopefully the show keeps improving from here on out, I really liked this episode.

After all the seriousness, it was nice to have a lighter episode in terms of comedy.

tumblr_mvlp2xyyfw1rogcuio1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mvlls0Uf8Q1rogcuio1_r2_500.gif

tumblr_mvlls0Uf8Q1rogcuio2_500.gif

tumblr_mvlpugjVUh1rogcuio1_500.gif

And seriously...

tumblr_mvll55agCk1rogcuio2_500.gif

tumblr_mvll55agCk1rogcuio1_500.gif

I'm surprised they're actually going at it again for real.

I liked that the twins they showed the twins are willing to back each other than follow their father.

Surprised about Lin's reaction to the allegations against Mako.

Surprised about Lin's reaction to the allegations against Mako.

You know, seeing how blatantly antagonistic she's been acting towards Mako, it makes me wonder if she does secretly believe him and has been sort of looking into the whole Varrick conspiracy thing without anyone knowing, but is just keeping up appearances to avoid suspicion.

You know, seeing how blatantly antagonistic she's been acting towards Mako, it makes me wonder if she does secretly believe him and has been sort of looking into the whole Varrick conspiracy thing without anyone knowing, but is just keeping up appearances to avoid suspicion.

Hmm... that's possible. If that's what they're doing, maybe in the next episode as soon as Mako's thrown in jail, she'll visit and reveal her plans.

That is honestly the best way to solve this problem. I hate what they've done to Lin in regards to how she treats Mako (praise him one minute, disregard him the next, see my review for my rant) but if she does turn to his side next episode I'll forgive her.

.....ok she'll also have to fire Dumb and Dumber (the two mustached cops) as well to make me forgive her.

I wonder if Toph taught Lin the lie detector trick? Not that it would have helped at that moment as they were standing on wood.

Pretty huge improvement for a Korra episode. C+.

A few things bothered me. Such as:

-Some of the dialogue
-A plot point that was introduced in the beginning is FINALLY relevant
-Lin believing criminals
-The Mako and Asami love triangle.... Really?
-Unolock (or however you spell it) still is a fool.

Seriously, why are you still in this thread? You have clearly shown with your nonstop that you don't like or enjoy this show at all.

Really? I thought a C+ indicates that I enjoyed the episode. In fact, there were quite a few episodes that I gave a C. So..... Nice tangent there.

And besides, I can't take anyone seriously when they deny that Una-.....What's his face is still acting like a fool.

And I REALLY can't take anyone seriously, when they pretend that the statue plot line being relevant now is acceptable.

Last edited:
I think it'd be more foolish of Unalaq to renege on his deal with Ko--excuse me, Vaatu at this point. He saw a chance for power and took it. Now he's got to see it through.

Do you read many novels? Writers do that all the time, in what's called foreshadowing.:cwink:

It's too bad that he was too much of a t***. Especially when he said that he didn't need Korra, but turns out he did need her.

What a fantastic episode. After the incident with their father, it looks like the twins might be going to Korra's side, after all. It'll be nice to see them more well-rounded and not so robotic all of the time.

As twins, I'd question her character if she abandoned her brother.

And Unalaq's water drill was just awesome. The bending is just looking so much better than past episodes, excluding the last two.

I'm, glad to see creative uses of bending has returned. Not since Hama have I seen Water Bending used so creatively.

I really enjoyed the music for this episode, too. Especially at the end, how the music builds when they reach the spirit world.

You think Unalaq and Vaatu might merge like Rava and Wan did? Granted, Vaatu does not have access to the other elements like Rava does, but doesn't mean it can't be attempted.

I fell behind on this show after the civil war two-parter because I didn't like that episode, but I recently caught up. It's improved a lot after a mediocre start to the season.

Wan's story was ****ing awesome, and the art style was just stunning. I want more of Wan.

Vaatu was able to build an army of corrupted spirits, which could be used to compensate for lack of access to the elements.

I fell behind on this show after the civil war two-parter because I didn't like that episode, but I recently caught up. It's improved a lot after a mediocre start to the season.

Wan's story was ****ing awesome, and the art style was just stunning. I want more of Wan.

So you Wan-t more lol...I made a funny ahahahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"