Endgame Avengers: Endgame Box Office (Poll is for second film only)

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
Start making your bets now. Avengers: IW topped $2B. Can the sequel do the same?

Box Office: 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $2 Billion Worldwide

As of yesterday, Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War has passed the $2 billion mark at the global box office. The weekend totals were a bit higher than estimated, giving the MCU flick a $1.999.471b cume as of Sunday. It earned another $921,000 on Monday (-21% from last Monday), which is more than enough to get it over the finish line. It has done the job in 48 days of release. It took one day longer than Avatar and six fewer days than Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It did it around 14 years faster than Titanic, but I digress.

If Iron Man dies, it will surpass Infinity War. If not, then no.

I voted $2.0 - $2.5. The poll should have shown the names of people voting, though. Some of us will forget our choices in a year's time. :woot:

Now now. No need to shame those who get it absolutely wrong. (Like I did with IW)

Ah you used my format and poll increments, nice :woot:;)

I think it's going to make more than the first film, not sure how much.

Yeah, make the poll public if you can.

Yeah, it'd be fun to have it public and see who voted what (And remind myself how I voted).

I voted 2.0 - 2.5 billion this time. I'm positive that Avengers 4 will make more than Infinity War. The hype they're going to build up for the new one will be insane, and people are going to come out in droves to see the conclusion to Infinity War.

Since I guessed low for Infinity War, I'm going high for this one with 2B. I think it either makes as much or more as IW.

I'm concerned with marketing. How are they going to market the fallen heroes that they know people want to see like Black Panther? I think he played a big part in getting people to IW in the first place. It depends on how Captain Marvel does too since she'll be a main player.

Since I guessed low for Infinity War, I'm going high for this one with 2B. I think it either makes as much or more as IW.

I'm concerned with marketing. How are they going to market the fallen heroes that they know people want to see like Black Panther? I think he played a big part in getting people to IW in the first place. It depends on how Captain Marvel does too since she'll be a main player.

I think they might wait till the very last trailer before showing a blink and you'll miss glimpse of a final charge scene with all the heroes. It's a balancing act with keeping things unspoiled and getting everyone to book their tickets asap.

There was a lot of pent up demand for Thanos. The ending left people in sort of a weird state. Given that only 4 films have ever made over 2B, I'd say this one is still not guaranteed to make that.

Fast & Furious 9 will be out just before this, so desire to go to a movie in China may be off a little bit. Aladdin happens 3 weeks after release as of now. Maybe they bump A4 back a week like they did with A3. Is Gambit actually happening?

I'm sticking with 1.8-2B. It was my low guess on the last one and it may just cross 2B but I dont see it solidly in the 2-2.5B range. Hope I'm wrong in a good way. But there weren't really any spectacle/monster movies released in China leading up to IFW, and they clearly offered the big push to 2B. Next Year FF9 may temper some of that. Also while IFW will be the biggest movie in the world, it looks as though it may still end in second place in the US behind Black Panther.

Last edited:
There was a lot of pent up demand for Thanos. The ending left people in sort of a weird state. Given that only 4 films have ever made over 2B, I'd say this one is still not guaranteed to make that.

Fast & Furious 9 will be out just before this, so desire to go to a movie in China may be off a little bit. Aladdin happens 3 weeks after release as of now. Maybe they bump A4 back a week like they did with A3. Is Gambit actually happening?

I'm sticking with 1.8-2B. It was my low guess on the last one and it may just cross 2B but I dont see it solidly in the 2-2.5B range. Hope I'm wrong in a good way. But there weren't really any spectacle/monster movies released in China leading up to IFW, and they clearly offered the big push to 2B. Next Year FF9 may temper some of that. Also while IFW will be the biggest movie in the world, it looks as though it may still end in second place in the US behind Black Panther.

What will the gap be between FF9 and A4? And also what will the gap be in China? (if different)

All that is fine but for the fact that there are actual rabid MCU fans in China. And they love their serialized story telling as much as anyone. F&F being good or not has no bearing AFAIC on what the BO will be for this one. It simply will depend on whether movie delivers on the expectations to a satisfying degree.

What will the gap be between FF9 and A4? And also what will the gap be in China? (if different)

According to Fandango, release in the US is currently set at April 19, 2019. That's about 2 weeks before A4.

Looking further into it IMDB, and a few other articles are saying it's since been delayed to a 2020 release so this could be a non-issue.

Last edited:
According to Fandango, release in the US is currently set at April 19, 2019. That's about 2 weeks before A4.

Looking further into it IMDB is saying it's since been delayed to a 2020 release so this could be a non-issue.
Thanks. So quite close together in the US.

And surely they wouldn't make China wait that long!

Thanks. So quite close together in the US.

And surely they wouldn't make China wait that long!

Yes but like I said I think my original source (Fandango), hasn't updated their info. So there may be no major action movies outsides the MCU and Dark Phoenix before that.

I can see them moving up A4 a weekend like they did with IW for a global release again.

Depends on if CM brings in people that had little to no interest in MCU/comics. I think BP success had a part in IWs getting to 2 billion. BP brought in people that didn't always go to the MCU movies while in theaters. They went into IWs knowing he would be in it. Now that he is dusted we don't know if BP fans will show up as much for this.

I think A4 will get close to A3 but not pass it. I saw IWs 6 times, hoping A4 is good enough to make me want to watch it that many times. I love that the originals will get most of the movie.

Not sure how to make it public after the poll has been created. Maybe a mod can help?

The MCU is on a rate of a billion dollar film for every 3 films. That will continue to at least Avengers 4 (and assuming AM&W and CM don't get to a billion). Will be interesting to see how the films that come out after do, especially the next event film.

I honestly think Guardians 3 will be a $1B+ film.

EDIT: Thanks for the spot,, Iceman. I aim too low these days.. lol :p Had written it as $1M+ for whatever reason originally. Changed it now... :p

Last edited:
I honestly think Guardians 3 will be a $1M+ film.

$1M+ seems conservative. :woot:

Yeah, Guardians might get an Avengers boost after they were so prominent in such a huge film.

$1M+ seems conservative. :woot:

Yeah, Guardians might get an Avengers boost after they were so prominent in such a huge film.
And it is likely the last we the original GOTG group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"