Age of Ultron Avengers: Age of Ultron Merchandise

harryoscop

Avenger
Reaction score
This is for when they start revealing all the sweet AOU merchandise!!

Since it's a long way until they announce anything, I'll put in my expectations/hopes for a Marvel Legends AoU wave. The problem is the huge amount of characters in this movie; it's more than the 6-7 necessary for a Build-A-Figure, and Hasbro doesn't like making figures that don't include a BAF part. And yet, they won't give up on their big guns like Iron Man to make room for new the characters. The solution (short of making two BAF figures) is to make everybody a swap figure just like in the ASM2 series. Of course this could bring problems with shortpacking and hard-to-find variants, but it seems like the most practical way to get everyone.

I've tried to group less desired characters (or repaints) with more desired characters, to minimize that issue. I've also added a few comic characters as per tradition. So, the figures and their swaps:

Movie Vision - Movie Iron Man
Movie Scarlet Witch - Comic Scarlet Witch
Movie Quicksilver - Movie Thor
Movie Ultron - Comic (Heroic Age) Hawkeye
Movie Captain America - Movie Black Widow (repaint of Cap 2 Black Widow)
Movie Falcon - Comic Hulk (retool of the A1 Hulk, with new head and pants)
BAF: Movie Hulkbuster

That's a great list! let's hope hasbro doesn't make any crummy Comic figures and fill the wave up with them like TASM 2 and TWS.

Lego have been announced to be doing sets for the film, as has Hot Toys

Hasbro is in a good place with Thor since they could probably just recycle a previous mold. If any of the rumored cameos come true (Iron Patriot, Falcon, ect.) I wonder if they'll get figs.

I suspect we'll get a new Quinjet as well.

That's a great list! let's hope hasbro doesn't make any crummy Comic figures and fill the wave up with them like TASM 2 and TWS.

You do realize that Marvel Legends is a comic line. And that the rebranding of the line added in few movie figures so that they can sell the line to the big stores and get away with doing all the solely needed comic figures.

You do realize that Marvel Legends is a comic line. And that the rebranding of the line added in few movie figures so that they can sell the line to the big stores and get away with doing all the solely needed comic figures.

Well I don't care for the comic figures, besides The Spidey and Cap ones. I want a movie Falcon, I want a movie Nebula, i want a movie Ronan, i want a movie Green Goblin, i want a movie Rhino, i don't want Ultimate beetle, i don't want a comic (ultimate) Carnage, i don't want a Space armor Ironman (But they took Ronan away for another iron man :wall: ) point is i want movie figures not comic figures of obscure characters! :argh:

Last edited:
Well i don't care for the comic figures, besides The Spidey and Cap ones, i want a movie Falcon, i want a movie Nebula, i want a movie Ronan, i want a movie Green Goblin, i want a movie Rhino, i don't want Ultimate beetle, i don't want a comic Carnage, i don't want a Space armor Ironman (But they took Ronan away for another iron man :wall: ) point is i want movie figures not comic figures! :argh:

I think that's the unfortunate reality of Hasbro having to keep up with product when we live in a world where there's several Marvel movies a year now when you factor in Fox and Sony.

I think that's the unfortunate reality of Hasbro having to keep up with product when we live in a world where there's several Marvel movies a year now when you factor in Fox and Sony.

Well actually Hasbro won't make any figures based on X-Men movies, because disney so that leaves spidey, who disney bought the merchandising rights to the movies, so it's no excuse on Hasbro's part, :doh:

Actually, it is. Stores don't want to end up with a bunch of unsold product. Even if you discount X-Men there's still whatever the MCU is putting out plus Spider-Man. And whatever superhero cartoon currently has a toy line as well. There's a certain point where the stores simply do not want anymore.

Actually, it is. Stores don't want to end up with a bunch of unsold product. Even if you discount X-Men there's still whatever the MCU is putting out plus Spider-Man. And whatever superhero cartoon currently has a toy line as well. There's a certain point where the stores simply do not want anymore.

True, but the thing is i'm pretty sure they would sell lots of movie figures!

You're in the minority, the Marvel line is comic one and that'll never change.

Since it's a long way until they announce anything, I'll put in my expectations/hopes for a Marvel Legends AoU wave. The problem is the huge amount of characters in this movie; it's more than the 6-7 necessary for a Build-A-Figure, and Hasbro doesn't like making figures that don't include a BAF part. And yet, they won't give up on their big guns like Iron Man to make room for new the characters. The solution (short of making two BAF figures) is to make everybody a swap figure just like in the ASM2 series. Of course this could bring problems with shortpacking and hard-to-find variants, but it seems like the most practical way to get everyone.

I've tried to group less desired characters (or repaints) with more desired characters, to minimize that issue. I've also added a few comic characters as per tradition. So, the figures and their swaps:

I hadn't even thought about what the BAF would be, good call! My guess is we'll get:
Repainted Mark 42 as Mark 43
Repainted Super Super Soldier Cap as new Costume Cap
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Updated Thor
Ultron

I wonder why none of the movie lines make it past one wave (or six figures total). Like you said we could use a Movie Falcon, updated Hawkeye, Marvel now Hawkeye, etc. hopefully we get some cool reveals at SDCC

They could always just do two waves like they did for Iron Man 3. None of the 2014 lines got two waves because there's 3 movies this year; I doubt Ant-Man will get a figure line so they can just do two (or three) Avenger waves next year.

They could always just do two waves like they did for Iron Man 3. None of the 2014 lines got two waves because there's 3 movies this year; I doubt Ant-Man will get a figure line so they can just do two (or three) Avenger waves next year.

Ant-Man probably will get a figure line, and the full fledged Disney merchandise treatment, and i agree there needs to be a wave 2 so many great characters in this movie.

I hope that Marvel Select make at least Ultron and the twins...

Marvel Select's line only allows for 1-2 figures from any movie, if you're lucky 3.

I hope for some good 3.75 inch figures

CATWS's line was disappointing and GOTG doesn't even have any!

Info I got from SDCC on the Avenger: Age of Ultron Marvel Legends Infinite line.

1. There will be more Avengers waves next year(waves 3 and 4)
2. Avengers wave 1 will be the comic only line and the rest of the waves will have a mix between comic/movie figures
3. Avengers wave 1 will be out Jan/Feb.

This is wave 1 minus 3 figures:
63659ABF-9325-4D67-BB4D-E4155E9030A9_zpsevjgftan.jpg

Info I got from SDCC on the Avenger: Age of Ultron Marvel Legends Infinite line.

2. Avengers wave 1 will be the comic only line and the rest of the waves will have a mix between comic/movie figures

That's correct. The full lineup for this series is Marvel NOW! Thor, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Machine Man, Sentry, and BAF Odin. Thor and Odin look a little cartoonish at first glance, but it's nice to finally have an Odin, and a proper Scarlet Witch in Marvel Legends.

Still waiting for a Thanos, though. I don't understand how, in so many years of ML, we get a monumental amount of losers like Hit Monkey, as well as endless Iron Man and Wolverine variants, and yet we still don't have a figure of one of the comics' biggest villains. Hopefully he comes around soon, and we don't have to wait for the movie version in Avengers 3.

Last edited:
KICK ARsE!!! ODIN!!!!

From the Hasbro panel (images from thefwoosh.com):

Coulson_turns.jpg

Agent Coulson! Cool, it's nice to have something AoS related, even if it's just one figure.

mariahill-turns.jpg

Maria Hill, face sculpt looks a little soft, but good since the last Maria Hill figure is from that Iron Man two-pack ages ago.

Spider-Woman.jpg

Spider-Woman. Nothing too impressive here.

Hellcat.jpg

Hellcat. Who cares about this one?

NickFury-turn.jpg

Another Nick Fury. Looks like a rerelease of the previous one, but he was notoriously hard to find so this can help some people.

And the BAF...

Wait for it...

Thanos-BAF.jpg

BAWAHAHAHA, FINALLY! Took years, but the 'Bro finally got around to making a Thanos ML. Shame such a desired figure has to be a BAF, but who cares? It's Thanos, the guy who always made the top of the "10 Marvel Legends Hasbro Needs To Make" lists. And he looks killer.

Last edited:
Well... that is rather dissapointing, at least we get a new Coulson, Nick fury and Maria hill, don't care for those comic figures, why does Thanos have to be the BAF? why?? :( i really hope we get a movie Ultron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"