Age of Ultron Avengers: Age of Ultron Set Photos (high quality) Set pics

It's Ultron. I swear people like to try and outthink themselves. It is Ultron, all the bystanders in the area say it's Ultron, the movie is called Age of Ultron. But if you want to think it's Dreadnought okay.

Its not called "outthinking". Its called "deductive reasoning". What do we know already? We know that the twins were in HYDRA's possession. We know that the fortress scene had Hawkeye, SW and QS. Its not too much of a stretch to say that the fortress is probably HYDRA. These scenes in question with the "Ultron" stand in also have Hawkeye, SW and QS in them. So its safe to assume that it takes place around the same time. Its also been reported that this sequence takes place earlier in the movie.

What is more likely, that Ultron is there in his final form with HYDRA, capable of decimating Hawkeye and the twins, or that its just a lighting reference for the goons in the mocap suits. But, of course bystanders with little to no comic book knowledge are always 100% accurate, so its gotta be Ultron.

Man, if only we were able to see the heads of the drones in the Quicksilver concept art.

Its not called "outthinking". Its called "deductive reasoning". What do we know already? We know that the twins were in HYDRA's possession. We know that the fortress scene had Hawkeye, SW and QS. Its not too much of a stretch to say that the fortress is probably HYDRA. These scenes in question with the "Ultron" stand in also have Hawkeye, SW and QS in them. So its safe to assume that it takes place around the same time. Its also been reported that this sequence takes place earlier in the movie.

What is more likely, that Ultron is there in his final form with HYDRA, capable of decimating Hawkeye and the twins, or that its just a lighting reference for the goons in the mocap suits. But, of course bystanders with little to no comic book knowledge are always 100% accurate, so its gotta be Ultron.
Yeah, textbook example of outthinking yourself.

It's Ultron. But like I said if you want to think it's a Dreadnaught okay.

Dent...you're kinda condescending and rude to people you strongly disagree with lol. You should tone that back a bit

Yeah, textbook example of outthinking yourself.

It's Ultron. But like I said if you want to think it's a Dreadnaught okay.

Lets bookmark this page. Come back to it in a year. You seem pretty sure of yourself right now. All I'm suggesting is a likelier scenario. You say its Ultron, I say its a goon.

And theres no such thing as "outthinking". Its just called thinking.

I think it's Ultron. But no one "knows" anything at this point.

The similarities with Ultron are there, maybe slightly different, but to me it definitely looks like an adaptation of Ultron. Plus we know that Spader is having his facial movements referenced, so from that we do "know" that Ultron isn't going to have the static jack o lantern face at some point of the film.

Knowing a little bit about CGI works, its pretty obvious that the stand in is simply there for lighting purposes. The stand in itself not actually going to be in the movie. The design however will. And what is up for debate is what character the stand in is for.

If Ultron was in the scene, he'd be in a mocap suit as well. So Ultron could very well be one of the mocapped guys running around. But if that stand in was for Ultron, why would they not have a lighting reference the goons, unless they look exactly the same as him? See where I'm going with this?

Right now, nothing points to it being Ultron, other than the fact that he's metallic.

And it looks like him lol. Well, an adaptation of him.

It really doesn't look like him at all, other than the fact that its a robot.

Course it does. The antenna, the detail on the top of his head. The shape of the mouth (although it's obviously closed at this point). The similarities are clearly there. Denying them is being wilfully blind.

Thats like saying Tony Stark looks like Thor because they have a beard, metal armour, 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth, same ethnicity etc. The only thing remotely similar is the antenae on the side of the head, which the Dreadnought's also have. So really, its a pretty big deviation from the comic design if it is in fact Ultron.

I think it is an early form of Ultron. Probably having taken over another robot.

Why would Ultron change his facial appearance at all? To impress the ladies? I just dont get that concept. Hes supposed to stand out and look sort of scary isnt he? Not like a Sad Drone.

Ultron didn't create himself. He was originally designed to be benevolent. Why would someone design a friendly robot with a creepy jack o lantern face?

Ultron didn't create himself. He was originally designed to be benevolent. Why would someone design a friendly robot with a creepy jack o lantern face?

So this would be his initial face that he changes into his classic look? That makes more sense.

Yea that's what i've been thinking. As Ultron develops more and more hate for humanity, he starts to hate his "face", so creates his own twisted version. He's sure to upgrade himself as the film goes on, so i think that'd make sense.

New video of Cap stuntwork in South Korea.

http://vk.com/video-28416224_168082214?list=e11751e4678479e373&og=1

1939685_846006495415924_2059155745_n.jpg

Knowing a little bit about CGI works, its pretty obvious that the stand in is simply there for lighting purposes. The stand in itself not actually going to be in the movie. The design however will. And what is up for debate is what character the stand in is for.

If Ultron was in the scene, he'd be in a mocap suit as well. So Ultron could very well be one of the mocapped guys running around. But if that stand in was for Ultron, why would they not have a lighting reference the goons, unless they look exactly the same as him? See where I'm going with this?

Right now, nothing points to it being Ultron, other than the fact that he's metallic.

Also knowing about how CGI works - they are in no way locked into THIS design for the final film - regardless of who it is suppose to be. The very nature of CGI allows them to make radical changes long after these scenes have been shot, limited only by time and money. They also do not "need" a motion capture performance - or at least one shot at this time - if it is Ultron perhaps his mo-cap will be shot later.

Agreed that about all we can assume for sure is that this character is standing in for something shiny and metallic.

OK, so what will Ultrons powers be like? You cant just have him fly/run around. Will he have Iron Man type blasters? Wouldnt that be sort of dull? What will make him dangerous in that battle scene with Hawkeye etc?

Last edited:
I think insane durability is essential. That's kinda his thing. Repulsor type things. The ability to assimilate other machinery/technology. Him controlling some war drones is something i really want to see. With Thor and Iron Man dog fighting in the air. I can picture something like that now.

Also knowing about how CGI works - they are in no way locked into THIS design for the final film - regardless of who it is suppose to be. The very nature of CGI allows them to make radical changes long after these scenes have been shot, limited only by time and money. They also do not "need" a motion capture performance - or at least one shot at this time - if it is Ultron perhaps his mo-cap will be shot later.

Agreed that about all we can assume for sure is that this character is standing in for something shiny and metallic.

Its possible that they can change the design in post, but at this point its unlikely. Why build something that is going to be different from the final product? They're not locked into using it, but right now at least they intend on keeping it.

Its possible that they can change the design in post, but at this point its unlikely. Why build something that is going to be different from the final product? They're not locked into using it, but right now at least they intend on keeping it.

A year before the Avengers opened Marvel released a beautiful Hulk illustration at Comic Con that was about as Kirby/Hulk as you could get, and yet they changed that design to what we got in the film [which was also very nice, just not as good as it was].

When the Nightmare on Elm St remake was made a few years ago they shot the entire film with an approved Freddy make-up only to have the digital guys screw with it so much in post that they had to alter the make-up for the reshoots a few months later.

Point is they can and do continue to tinker with this stuff well past the point that principal photography is wrapped and since they have yet to even start shooting anything other than second unit we can expect this Ultron to evolve beyond what we are seeing here. Not saying it will, but it is entirely possible and probable - for better [or worse]...

A year before the Avengers opened Marvel released a beautiful Hulk illustration at Comic Con that was about as Kirby/Hulk as you could get, and yet they changed that design to what we got in the film [which was also very nice, just not as good as it was].

Illustrations and actual CGI renderings are not the same thing.

A perfect example is when the Dark Elves Ark was debuted in an early trailer/teaser. In post, they ended up tweaking it a little bit but the overall look remained the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"