Avengers Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just unlocked Kitty so now I have them all but Mockingbird
I still need 12 more: Colossus, Cyclops, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Kitty Prye, Mr. Fantastic, Nightcrawler, Phoenis, Sif, Spider Woman, Storm, and The Thing. I would probably have all of them by now except that getting 6 of the Avenger suits took up a lot of CP that could have been used to get the entire roster of heroes.

I'm trying to figure out who to get next since I'm almost done getting all the regular missions 5-starred but need to do the premium missions. I'm thinking Human Torch and Phoenix next since I haven't unlocked their premium missions yet.

Colossus is a decent bruiser, Cyclops is pretty top notch...on top of his optic blast he has a tactics that improves the team stats, Human Torch's fireballs do a lot of damage, Invisible woman can shield the team, Spider-woman I use a lot because her venom blast causes continual damage, Storm I also use a lot because she can protect the team and does decent damage...Thing is rather weak compared to other bruisers

i just unlocked Kitty so now I have them all but Mockingbird

Wow, how did you do it?

I still need 12 more: Colossus, Cyclops, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Kitty Prye, Mr. Fantastic, Nightcrawler, Phoenis, Sif, Spider Woman, Storm, and The Thing. I would probably have all of them by now except that getting 6 of the Avenger suits took up a lot of CP that could have been used to get the entire roster of heroes.

I'm trying to figure out who to get next since I'm almost done getting all the regular missions 5-starred but need to do the premium missions. I'm thinking Human Torch and Phoenix next since I haven't unlocked their premium missions yet.

Yeah, I'm trying to farm CP for Hulk's Avengers costume (Scrapper), but it pretty much takes me off my games since I can't do two missions at the same time, and at 73 CP it is incredibly expensive. I'm going back to leveling up my characters after this because it is just too time-consuming to farm, and my levels get stagnate as a result. If not for that Avengers costumes, I probably would've afforded several more characters like Storm, WM, Spider-Man, etc.

I'm level 76, i play constantly, i collect gold and convert it to cp points only. I have a bunch of friends who gift me 60+ shield points daily, i don't purchase alt costumes. Because I have done all the regular levels I am now going back and five star-ing them and when I beat a boss i usually come away with points

I'm level 76, i play constantly, i collect gold and convert it to cp points only. I have a bunch of friends who gift me 60+ shield points daily, i don't purchase alt costumes. Because I have done all the regular levels I am now going back and five star-ing them and when I beat a boss i usually come away with points

Good strategy. I felt that the Avengers costumes are so good, that's why they're worth the CP even though some of them are priced outrageously. After I get Hulk's costume, I think I'm going to stop buying any alt costumes, and just focus on buying rest of the characters I don't have, starting with WM or Storm.

I need some help in the premium section of chapter 2. The mission with the Sentinel has frozen up on me twice and forces me to refresh the page to get anything to go again, but causes me to lose progress on that mission. I've heard other people have had problems with that mission so I'm wondering if there's a way to stop it from doing that or just skipping it so I can finish up the premium section.

it's a maintenance issue it 'll be solved soon.

it's a maintenance issue it 'll be solved soon.
I finally got past it without it freezing. I was lucky that the Sentinels didn't do their pummel move since that is what caused the previous freezings.

What do you guys think about Cap as a Bruiser? Is it viable?

What do you guys think about Cap as a Bruiser? Is it viable?

The Avengers uniform for Cap as A Tact is much better IMO since you get a double attack against blasters. But The Bruiser also works well against Scrappers . So I ended up getting both suits and they work great.

Plus I love The Avengers Assemble coordinated attack bonus.

Last edited:
So every so often my PVP matches won't work like it gives me no matches to pick when I go to it.

The Avengers uniform for Cap as A Tact is much better IMO since you get a double attack against blasters. But The Bruiser also works well against Scrappers . So I ended up getting both suits and they work great.

Plus I love The Avengers Assemble coordinated attack bonus.

Right now I'm still trying to farm CP as much as I can, with work and family taking up bulk of my time. If I have enough CP before the deadline, then I might get the Bruiser outfit for Cap, otherwise I'll probably skip it.

So every so often my PVP matches won't work like it gives me no matches to pick when I go to it.
It looks like they shut PVP down today so they can fix whatever other problem they are having with the game. Still seems like they don't know what's causing all the loading problems and game errors that players are constantly talking about.

Coulson's Revenge apparently has been released as a gold weapon (according to Playdom forum). Here's what I know about it thus far:

-The price seems to be varied, with reports of 42, 48, 64, 112, and 128 (gold, not CP).
-The Power is set by the Agent level when it's equipped.
-Abilities:

Avengers Assembled!
-Grants Coordinated Attack to all allies.
-Grants Cooperative Defense with one Avenger
-Grants Collaborative Effort with two Avengers
Ignore Defense
-Damage ignores enemy's Defense stat
-Attacks penetrates Shield statuses

What do you think? If it is above 100 gold I'm not gonna get it, but if it's below then I'll probably buy it, but its power level must scale with my Agent's level because its astronomical gold price won't be worth it otherwise, and gold cannot be farmed like CP can so you have to shell out money for it (unless you have a ton of gold you are saving on a rainy day).

Coulson's Revenge apparently has been released as a gold weapon (according to Playdom forum). Here's what I know about it thus far:

-The price seems to be varied, with reports of 42, 48, 64, 112, and 128 (gold, not CP).
-The Power is set by the Agent level when it's equipped.
-Abilities:

Avengers Assembled!
-Grants Coordinated Attack to all allies.
-Grants Cooperative Defense with one Avenger
-Grants Collaborative Effort with two Avengers
Ignore Defense
-Damage ignores enemy's Defense stat
-Attacks penetrates Shield statuses

What do you think? If it is above 100 gold I'm not gonna get it, but if it's below then I'll probably buy it, but its power level must scale with my Agent's level because its astronomical gold price won't be worth it otherwise, and gold cannot be farmed like CP can so you have to shell out money for it (unless you have a ton of gold you are saving on a rainy day).

i just looked...its 125 gold and only available for 3 days

i just looked...its 125 gold and only available for 3 days

If it is indeed 125 gold, then it is priced unbelievably high, and according to longtime players Playdom has nerfed gold items in the past so who knows if they will do the same against Coulson's Revenge in the future. I doubt any player has 125 gold in their account without purchasing gold, either. I think I'll wait a couple of days and see if the price drops, otherwise I may not get it after all.

It was priced at 64 when I first saw it this morning but then it went up to the 125 price when I came back about 4 hours later. Looks like something else that I won't be getting.

Also, did anyone noticed that they nerfed Cap's Shield Guard ability? It has a cooldown period of 2 turns instead of being able to constantly use it. I only noticed once I got into PVP and couldn't use it on consecutive turns. Makes my PVP battles not so easy anymore.

It was priced at 64 when I first saw it this morning but then it went up to the 125 price when I came back about 4 hours later. Looks like something else that I won't be getting.

Also, did anyone noticed that they nerfed Cap's Shield Guard ability? It has a cooldown period of 2 turns instead of being able to constantly use it. I only noticed once I got into PVP and couldn't use it on consecutive turns. Makes my PVP battles not so easy anymore.

I guess all the whiners on the forum got their wish to nerf Shield Guard. Dammit, I'm so close to getting Cap to level 9 as well. :csad: Now the ability isn't as good as before.

Btw, I wonder why happened to people who purchased Coulson's Revenge at 64 gold? Would they get to keep the weapon or would Playdom deems it invalid after they reset the price? Personally, I think setting it at 125 gold is just nuts, and it's not like it will automatically win you the match if your Agent has it. Those devs over at Playdom must've been smoking when they set the price.

Last edited:
I guess all the whiners on the forum got their wish to nerf Shield Guard. Dammit, I'm so close to getting Cap to level 9 as well. :csad: Now the ability isn't as good as before.

Btw, I wonder why happened to people who purchased Coulson's Revenge at 64 gold? Would they get to keep the weapon or would Playdom deems it invalid after they reset the price? Personally, I think setting it at 125 gold is just nuts, and it's not like it will automatically win you the match if your Agent has it. Those devs over at Playdom must've been smoking when they set the price.
They set it at that price and made the stats really good so that it'll tempt/make people go and buy gold with actual money. I noticed that they also brought back the Avengers movie suits for the next 3 days so just another thing for people to go spend money on.

Sidenote, is anyone else having their game use a different language than usual? I just logged on and it's all in German, not English. Seems about right since Playdom always screws the game up after their daily bugs/issues.

Last edited:
They set it at that price and made the stats really good so that it'll tempt/make people go and buy gold with actual money. I noticed that they also brought back the Avengers movie suits for the next 3 days so just another thing for people to go spend money on.

Sidenote, is anyone else having their game use a different language than usual? I just logged on and it's all in German, not English. Seems about right since Playdom always screws the game up after their daily bugs/issues.

Really? I have to go check it out tonight, because I passed on some of the costumes and I kind of regret it afterward.

Btw, I just don't understand the varied pricing of Coulson's Revenge at all. Some people reported that they got it for 48g, others for 64g, and many more said it was 128g. I guess it means that if you saw it for 48g, you must buy it immediately before the game decides to raise the price on your next refresh, then.

Really? I have to go check it out tonight, because I passed on some of the costumes and I kind of regret it afterward.

Btw, I just don't understand the varied pricing of Coulson's Revenge at all. Some people reported that they got it for 48g, others for 64g, and many more said it was 128g. I guess it means that if you saw it for 48g, you must buy it immediately before the game decides to raise the price on your next refresh, then.
I'm not even going to try for it since it basically involves me spending about $30 to get enough gold for it, which I don't care to do. I think I'll try to possibly get another Avengers suit since I have 26 right now and could easily get enough with how CP have been dropping lately.

I'm not even going to try for it since it basically involves me spending about $30 to get enough gold for it, which I don't care to do. I think I'll try to possibly get another Avengers suit since I have 26 right now and could easily get enough with how CP have been dropping lately.

After playing with the Avengers costumes, I think they're worth the CP I spent it on, unless they decided to nerf the proc rate on those costumes a few months from now.

I'm reading the Playdom forum, and it is rather outrageous how Coulson's Revenge sets an arbitrary price for everyone, and the price seems to be random. Some player has an Agent at level 22 but had CR priced at 112g, while another has a level 100+ Agent and yet had CR for only 48g. And some people reported seeing an Agent in PVP using a CR with a power level of 200+. I'm wondering if they even beta test it at all before they release it to the public.

After playing with the Avengers costumes, I think they're worth the CP I spent it on, unless they decided to nerf the proc rate on those costumes a few months from now.

I'm reading the Playdom forum, and it is rather outrageous how Coulson's Revenge sets an arbitrary price for everyone, and the price seems to be random. Some player has an Agent at level 22 but had CR priced at 112g, while another has a level 100+ Agent and yet had CR for only 48g. And some people reported seeing an Agent in PVP using a CR with a power level of 200+. I'm wondering if they even beta test it at all before they release it to the public.
They probably didn't beta test it and will just nerf it as more complaints come in after certain players run roughshod over the entire game.

If it is indeed 125 gold, then it is priced unbelievably high, and according to longtime players Playdom has nerfed gold items in the past so who knows if they will do the same against Coulson's Revenge in the future. I doubt any player has 125 gold in their account without purchasing gold, either. I think I'll wait a couple of days and see if the price drops, otherwise I may not get it after all.
it was 112 for me where I'm at . and tht's kinda menessed up. I just bought it with out hesitation though. its awesome it takes have the life of my opponents sofar. so it's kinda worth it. but it always best to start off with it if you want the winning edge. oh and you can go ahead that get your revenge on those that have been beating you when you not playing pvp too.

They probably didn't beta test it and will just nerf it as more complaints come in after certain players run roughshod over the entire game.
yup it'll mostly be those one's I got revenge on. those are the ones doing that complaining. I noticed that they won't allow me to use my inventory case in pvp and I'm sure that had to do with complaints from those that were trying to step all over others in pvp cause it's a go to for other players that are lower in level stand up to those high in level to last longer and have a more even chance.and don't bother saying there on their forum it's unlikely any of those actually doing that for that reason will admit to that.

Last edited:
Well, I gave in and brought Coulson's Revenge, because at 64g it was a bit high (I was hoping for 48g) but within reasonable price range. Unfortunately, due to my Agent's level its PL isn't very high, but I guess I'll still keep it around even after he surpasses its level because CR has very useful abilities, and it is essentially an Avenger outfit for the Agent.

Now that the Avengers costumes are back for 3 days, I'm deciding what outfits to get. I'm leaning toward Hulk's Scrapper, because I didn't buy it last time. But I'm also thinking about Iron Man's Tactician and Hawkeye's Infiltrator costumes. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"