Avengers Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Not that anyone cares, but the mobile version of AA, which is the once I started with, appears to have pretty much stalled. It's still fully functional, but the last PvP ended weeks ago, the last Spec Ops (Symbiosis) was 2 months ago, and no new characters have been added for a while either. I've used this extended lull in the action to save up CP and recruit the remaining heroes from Season 1. It's certainly convenient, but it kind of takes the fun out of it if there isn't another Spec Ops coming to blackmail me into getting the more expensive, exclusive heroes.

I've really got no clue as to who they'll add as the next hero because all the characters in AoU already have their MAA counterpart in the game, which makes me think it'll be someone who's been an Avenger or one their sub-teams in the past 30 years. Too many members to list all of them but my short list would include: Jocasta, Quake, Monica Rambeau, Shang-Chi, Hyperion, and Blue Marvel.

Last edited:
Jocasta would be the one with the strongest ties to Ultron. But is she too obscure for some of today's comic readers?

Quake would be quite relevant, given that we're following her in Agents of SHIELD.

I think Shang-Chi would seem too random and would be better suited to a more martial arts/ street SO.

And Hyperion would be better for a Squadron Supreme SO. But maybe the Avengers would one day fight the Squadron Sinister in MAA and then some of them could become lockbox heroes.

Are MAA likely to reveal the hero beforehand or only when the SO starts this time? I thought they usually reveal it before.

they shouldn't let that stop them from putting jocasta after all we have her in marvel heroes but as a mission giver in stark tower in that game . they should do this stuff like they did with tv shows 7 what dc has been doing with their animated series like JLU which they fallowed up with injustice the game (with introducing to killer frost the villain or what arkham did with Solomon grundy the evil hulk of the DCU ) & put them in .

it's been working well when people do those things the best way for people to find out & know about these characters is outlets like tv shows animated or tv & especially games . they should wait it to via movie or a show do it your self star introducing characters other have bee doing these this already fallow suit.

no more restrictive talk or thoughts put in all the known ones as well . nothing should be off the table.

Especilly when it work's out well if the execution is done right And it has to be done right .

that said Id like to see Shang-Chi. But some how that boat may have bee missed with DD maybe after the defender are formed Shang-Chi ca Shang-Chi show up in this . Cause they will have run into him some time .

Last edited:
A Daredevil-related SO should really have been the last one instead of the Runaways. They could've saved the Runaways for another time, but used the last SO to tie into the Netflix DD series. And that Runaways SO was boring too.

well apparently with the Devs of Mh 2015 even though they managed to make stuff to celebrate the show of DD some stuff felt last minute.

but they seem more in the know then playdom. I think that DD show just snuck up on them playdom. MH 2015 still has their own thing to release still which is a Shadow Lands "one shot "/ mission . Which they have been planning for over last year. & still have yet to release it . Playdom most likely went with the runaways cause it was one of their fished planned stuff. this why the should do their own thing at times just introduce their own thing likce dc has been doi with their video games like DCUO & arkham . occasion do the stuff ties i with the shows & movies but do your own thing introduce characters with out those thin you do't have to wait for that stuff it working fine for DC marvel should fallow suit.

The movies shouldn't cotrole the dates for every thing .

Last edited:
New article on Marvel.com reveals the reward will not be a hero, but the Mk. 43 suits and Hulkbuster. Captain America, BW, Thor, Hawkeye, Vision, QS, and SW will be getting new alts. Hulk's new AoU alt will be done via a covert ops that opens once a player completes the SO. There'll be a heroic battle between Hulkbuster and Hulk with new EIsos for both IM and Hulk.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24477/go_inside_avengers_alliance_age_of_ultron

So we will need Hulk for this SO as well? Or at least for the covert op? I've been meaning to get Hulk but always run out of CPs because some other SO comes up.

So we will need Hulk for this SO as well? Or at least for the covert op? I've been meaning to get Hulk but always run out of CPs because some other SO comes up.
I'd buy him since he'll likely be needed for a deploy or boss battle.

As for all the alts, if each character's 2 alts are 60 CP (which has been the standard cost for alts now) and there are 8 hero alts for purchase, it'll cost 960 CP to get every alt. Looks like I'm finally going to have a way to use up some of my stored up CP.

I think I'll wait on Hulk to buy him, because if he is needed for a boss battle, I'll need him at level 9, and there's no way to get him to that level that quickly if I get him now, especially since the PVP has just finished.

New article on Marvel.com reveals the reward will not be a hero, but the Mk. 43 suits and Hulkbuster. Captain America, BW, Thor, Hawkeye, Vision, QS, and SW will be getting new alts. Hulk's new AoU alt will be done via a covert ops that opens once a player completes the SO. There'll be a heroic battle between Hulkbuster and Hulk with new EIsos for both IM and Hulk.

This sounds awesome! After the last (very boring) SO i'm getting excited for this one :woot:

I think I'll wait on Hulk to buy him, because if he is needed for a boss battle, I'll need him at level 9, and there's no way to get him to that level that quickly if I get him now, especially since the PVP has just finished.

Can't use 12.1 to level him up?

Can't use 12.1 to level him up?

Not as quickly as PVP could. And it takes more effort. Sometimes PVP is just a minute long whereas on challenge mode, 12.1 would still take 10-15 mins.

I don't have enough CPs anyway to get Hulk right now, and then have sufficient CPs for the deploy heroes. I need to see what they are first. At the moment, I could only get on deploy hero for 200 CPs.

Not sure how I feel about Hulkbuster being the reward. I'd like it better if he was his own character. I know that goes away from the traditional continuity, but it's better than playing for an alternate costume, to me.

That's 7 characters with alts. If they go with the traditional 2 alts per char (2 classes), and the traditional cost of 50 CP for same class as the base class, 65 for the other, it's 115 * 7 = 805 CP.

I really hope they are not limited releases :D

That's 7 characters with alts. If they go with the traditional 2 alts per char (2 classes), and the traditional cost of 50 CP for same class as the base class, 65 for the other, it's 115 * 7 = 805 CP.

I really hope they are not limited releases :D
Nope it's still 8 purchasable because Hulk's alts aren't given for free after completing his CO. It's similar to how the GotG alts still cost CP even after doing each individual CO. My CP total may still be off since I assumed it'd be 60 for each alt (like CA's TWS alts were) but if it's like the GotG alts (50/65) then it's actually less expensive than I originally stated. They could also go for the pricing they used on the X-Force alts (60/75) which would make a complete set cost 1080 CP. No matter what the final costs of them, I'll likely buy all of them since I have over 3100 CP just sitting around.

AoU Spec Ops is up but be warned that the game is a bit unstable as with any new content release. Sounds like none of the alts are available right away and will be rolled out in a more measured manner.

Special Op is live :D

EDIT: Make sure to watch the exclusive clip in the splash page for 1 gold

I'm not seeing it live. I'm getting this instead:

Heads up Agent! S.H.I.E.L.D. is running critical diagnostics on all Helicarrier sub-systems. Check back soon and we will get you back in the fight.

:(

Had a feeling this would happen so I'm not entirely upset about it. The start of a big event like this always brings in a lot of players at one.

As many previously assumed, Hulk's simulation tasks to get his alt are only available after fully completing all SO tasks.

I saw on the Playdom forums that everyone is having problems with it. Also, someone there posted this:

Mission 1: Get past Critical Diagnostics.

:funny:

This is going to be a long SO as the timer has it at 31 days, according to those that can get into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"