Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - Part 67

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigThor God of Thunder

Now I do agree that Loki was knocked around a bit too much throughout the film, I mean he IS the main villain after all.

Nothing major though, it definately didn't ruin the character for me or anything.

2. The Infernal Mky Mk

No, it doesn't. If Loki can't be outsmarted by 'mere mortals' then he's arguably too omniscient. You and I are just going to have to agree to disagree here.

I didn't mean they all piled on at the end, I meant they united as a team. They didn't all fight him at once, but they did change from one member to the other (more or less) when fighting him.

That might please Loki fanboys, but it makes Hawkeye look like he's not needed to everyone else. Sure everyone has their place, but that place shouldn't be sitting on the sidelines while the big boys play.

3. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Exactly, it may have hurt like, getting a shot, or cutting yourself, but he never has shown any signs of being in real pain, where he was "defeated" or needed aid, or a plot device to regain composure.

4. BigThor God of Thunder

Agreed, it's also worth noting that he wasn't hit by a single attack from the Chitauri. :cool:

5. The Infernal Mky Mk

Stark's drinks cabinet is a plot device? :oldrazz: j/k

6. BigThor God of Thunder

He was talking about Thor in that post not Loki.

7. The Infernal Mky Mk

I know, I'm just applying it to Loki for the purpose of the joke.

8. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I am NOT a Loki fanboy. By any means. This is just simply my opinion. But when it came to it, Loki was ONLY outsmarted by Widow. Thats it. He didn't outsmart her, or anyone. If it is only one time when its witts against witts in the movie, then yes, Loki should NOT be outsmarted by Widow. thats not being omniscient at all. If he went around outwitting everyone in the movie, yes. BUT that was the only time it came to wits vs wits, and he was outsmarted. Get what I mean?

And it doesn't mean hawkeye is not needed. There were plenty of things that hawkeye did that benefited the team. Clearly. If that scene never happened, it wouldn't have stopped me from thinking Hawkeye was the most badass one out of the 6. (in all honesty, I think he was) The no look shot was ****ing badass. But Loki catches the arrow, throws it away. Thats that. That doesn't render Hawkeye useless by any means. It just so happens that Loki was able to catch his arrow, and in that specific scenario, it was a useless attack. Thats all.

But still, its one minor minor flaw, that IS, my opinion. And it doesn't take away from the movie, seeing as it was an origin story. But I agree, we will have to agree to disagree on it. So you have your opinion, I have mine, I am willing to drop this topic, if everyone else is.

Doesn't change that fact that I think this was the best CBM ever made.

New topic.

SO with the mother ship being blown up, and all the Chitauri just dropping, is it safe to assume, that they were running somewhat mechanically?

9. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

boss

10. BigThor God of Thunder

Ah, sometimes it's hard to tell where someone is going with a joke on the internet.

11. The Infernal Mky Mk

Yeah, there's some key evidence pointing to them being cybernetic.

Yeah, I know. That's why I put the :oldrazz: and j/k. Still that doesn't guarantee it seeming mis-aimed.

12. thalidomide The Enemy

Have you ever played Starcraft? Think of it as a Hive, when there is no one controlling them they will either run amok or die. I don't think they're mechanical though. I could be wrong :woot::woot::woot::woot:

13. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

OHH comeon big Thor, he said j/k :p

in case you aren't "hip" with internet lingo, that means just kidding ;)

14. BigThor God of Thunder

I'm very hip, I knew he was kidding I just didn't know why he was saying "Loki" instead of Thor.

15. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

there is? what else is there?

16. The Infernal Mky Mk

How they 'jack in' to their sky sled things, the Leviathans as creature carrier ships, big ol' space ship in the sky (well, space really, but you get the idea). You could also argue that they have some cybernetic looking features on their bodies (and possibly their arm laser cannons).

17. TX85 Registered

Eh that kind of stuff happens to him in the comics all the time,I see no big deal nor effecting him as a villain when he was overall still a threat!!

18. Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Question btw: Is it allowed in the US to take small children to such a movie?

Excuse me the interuption of your talk.

19. HighFivingMF Welp.

As long as they're with a 21-year-old, you can take them to any movie that isn't NC-17.

20. Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Thanks for the info. That's liberal, but I don't think it's good to take small kids to a loud and exiting movie, when they could get frightened. Only my opinion.

Back to topic an thanks a lot.

21. jaymes_e06 Registered

Just got back from seeing it and must say that I've never come home from watching a superhero film feeling so satisfied with the way each character is treated from comic to screen. Was there a couple flaws? Yeah. Like how Loki was a little to much of a punching bag a couple scenes but I also think that that lends to the aragance of him trying to take over the planet to begin with, as Tony tried to explain to him, he can't win even if he suceeded. The heroes of the world would have eventually taken him down one way or another.

For the most part however it was infact the best superhero film ever because it's not trying to be anything it isn't and that's so refreshing to see in this oversaturation of trying to make things darker and more realitstic this movies greatest attribute is its grandure. It doesn't apologize for being a comic book based and that is what I LOVED about this film. It easily became one of my top 5 faves of all time movies.

22. SimiOfDoom Registered

That might not even be the biggest problem. When I saw it last saturday there was a boy with his parents and I guess he was 6 to 8 years old, somewhere along the 1 hour mark he started to lose concentration and was restless, even running around a bit.

23. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Did anyone else notice that when thor is fighting on top of one of the alien chariot things, he gets taken down by that huge leviathan? I mean, if he survived that thing crashing into him, he's one tough son of a gun! Thor was amazing in this film. Loved when he fried those aliens before he landed in the city.

24. Lady Marion It's all in the swing

That is annoying for the rest of the audience, yes. That's why I watch a movie first alone before I take my 10 year old son to the theater.

And btw he loves TA! :woot:

25. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    Just got back amazing film! Easily one of my top 10 movies. 10/10!!! Post a more detail review of what I thought later my mind still needs to cool off from the awesomeness I have just witnessed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.