The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I *think* what he means is that *Edgar Wright* should have relinquished his involvement, if he wasn't going to do a movie *right now*.

Which, since I think just throwing Pym and Jan into the Avengers would have been an *awful* move. . .

If that's what he/she means then.... one must understand it had nothing to do with him... Marvel would have put antman on hold anyway like they did with runaways to focus on the avengers. They wanted no other films made besides the big guys

I'm a HE. VARTHA is old Norse for Guardian Angel

Sorry. The "A" on the end usually means feminine so have never been sure.

Either way... They have plans for antman
Yeah I know they do, just wish it was done alot SOONER. lol I love the way they're handled in the EMH toons. Alittle adjusting, and they'd fit right in.

VORTHR pronunciation/translated to american english Webster dictionary from the 50's has it as Vartha. ( been using it since 1978 and it's one of my Charaters I've worked on since)

Is it just me, or does anyone else hope that for the sequel to TA, that we get to see more scenes between the group members like the one that they had at the roundtable inside the hellcarrier (just right after Loki's interrogation by Fury)? Idk why, but it just brought a fan smile on my face seeing the group interact like that (making plans on the situation at hand on how best to approach the matter, etc).

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing some standard "ensemble" film like scenarios where we see them planning out a mission in a Ocean's eleven/Inception like situation.

lol, even my gf is bugging me right now because she keeps on asking on when the dvd is going to be released or is it possible for me to download it. :p

Is it just me, or does anyone else hope that for the sequel to TA, that we get to see more scenes between the group members like the one that they had at the roundtable inside the hellcarrier (just right after Loki's interrogation by Fury)? Idk why, but it just brought a fan smile on my face seeing the group interact like that (making plans on the situation at hand on how best to approach the matter, etc).

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing some standard "ensemble" film like scenarios where we see them planning out a mission in a Ocean's eleven/Inception like situation.
Yeah I loved scenes like that since it's evocative of those set up or establishing scenes in like the command center or the war rooms in the comics and cartoons of course. Like in any other movie a scene like that is boring to me but in a movie about the Avengers I relish every second of it since you have all these cool larger than life characters gathered together.

Yeah I loved scenes like that since it's evocative of those set up or establishing scenes in like the command center or the war rooms in the comics and cartoons of course. Like in any other movie a scene like that is boring to me but in a movie about the Avengers I relish every second of it since you have all these cool larger than life characters gathered together.

Agreed; and like you said, it's not often that we see these characters interacting with each other on the big screen, so to see them talking to each other as a group where they're not arguing amongst each other or fighting a enemy, it's rather refreshing to see.

It's funny how much The Avengers are like the Spice Girls. I mean there's Hulk (Scary Spice), Black Widow (Ginger Spice), Captain America (Sporty Spice), Iron Man (Posh Spice) and Thor (Baby Spice because's always getting pushed around by his overbearing Dad).

Of course, I'm sure the movie's producers considered that and that's why they chose those characters to appear.

It certainly looks like things are gearing up for Ant-man - and I am really looking forward to it. Been such a long wait.

But the question is...if they introduce new team members does that mean that some of them will be let go? The Avengers was already a packed film in terms of characters - can they afford to add anyone else without dropping some others?

And if that is the case who should go???

Having said that I think Marvels Studios always had a loose plan about who was going to be in the first film and that included Ant-man. The runaway success of the first Ironman and the involvement of Edgar Wright on other projects delayed his appearance. Maybe the original run of MCU films would have been:-

Ironman (2008)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Ant-man (2010)
Thor (2011)
and Captain America: The First Avengers (2011)?

Last edited:
It's funny how much The Avengers are like the Spice Girls. I mean there's Hulk (Scary Spice), Black Widow (Ginger Spice), Captain America (Sporty Spice), Iron Man (Posh Spice) and Thor (Baby Spice).

Of course, I'm sure the movie's producers considered that and that's why they chose those characters to appear.

Yeah , I was just thinking that.

In my opinion, I don't think they should introduce any of the other 'real comic book' avengers. They're not going to be that interesting to the general public. Pim, janet, panther, blah blah blah would put a strain on the movie. Too many characters to include. It'll suffer from the Xmen syndrome. Even Hawkeye suffered in this movie and I think he's interesting enough, especially to kids. We have 6 superheroes plus Fury. They should explore their interactions a lot more than introducing new avengers right now.

It's funny how much The Avengers are like the Spice Girls. I mean there's Hulk (Scary Spice), Black Widow (Ginger Spice), Captain America (Sporty Spice), Iron Man (Posh Spice) and Thor (Baby Spice because's always getting pushed around by his overbearing Dad).

Because of your previous tenure I shall let that Spice Girls comparison slide. :cmad:

In my opinion, I don't think they should introduce any of the other 'real comic book' avengers. They're not going to be that interesting to the general public. Pim, janet, panther, blah blah blah would put a strain on the movie. Too many characters to include. It'll suffer from the Xmen syndrome. Even Hawkeye suffered in this movie and I think he's interesting enough, especially to kids. We have 6 superheroes plus Fury. They should explore their interactions a lot more than introducing new avengers right now.

I respectfully disagree. Adding new team members is something this universe needs, and inherently calls for, and it allows for a more diverse lineup of characters, new stories, new interactions, and new developments. Keeping the same lineup of Avengers throughout the films will get stale over time, despite the awesome factor.

fury should take a back seat. As should shield in Avengers 2 imo....

and your opinion is faulty, sorry... but it is. Ironman, Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye were once considered "uninteresting" and "obscure" to the general public... and now they're not.

fury should take a back seat. As should shield in Avengers 2 imo....

and your opinion is faulty, sorry... but it is. Ironman, Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye were once considered "uninteresting" and "obscure" to the general public... and now they're not.

I understand, but i'm talking about the 2nd movie, the 3rd movie I understand. I could be wrong though and i'm okay with being wrong :-)

So how about Iron Man 3's budget being increased to 200 million?

I called it in the box office thread a few weeks ago and I was immediately slammed for it.

So how about Iron Man 3's budget being increased to 200 million?

I called it in the box office thread a few weeks ago and I was immediately slammed for it.

:huh:
IM2's budget was $200m.

I respectfully disagree. Adding new team members is something this universe needs, and inherently calls for, and it allows for a more diverse lineup of characters, new stories, new interactions, and new developments. Keeping the same lineup of Avengers throughout the films will get stale over time, despite the awesome factor.

I also believe that they need some new members in the sequel, but they should keep it at a minimum otherwise it could turn ugly. I think Ant-Man and Wasp will be good addition for TA2, not just because they were the original founding members of Avengers, but also because they could set up the Ultron story (which is one of the best in Avengers comic book history), and maybe even Vision down the line.

For TA3, I think perhaps either BP and/or Ms. Marvel could work, but that depends what their strategy after TA2 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"