Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - Part 68

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigThor God of Thunder

Nah that was false, it's listed as having a 170 million dollar budget on Box Office Mojo.

Besides, Iron Man 2 doesn't even look like a 200 million dollar film to be honest.

2. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I'm SURE it will. I'm hoping there's something of a deluxe set with extras like a statue or somethhing like that here in the States as we haven't had anything but special DVD sleeves.

3. jse Registered

4. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

I can tell Thor has been getting more popular, especially Chris Hemsworth.

5. BigThor God of Thunder

What makes you say that?

6. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

Both have getting referenced a lot more. It's just an observation.

7. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

With all the other movies he's in, I'm sure Thor 2 will get a boost due to him being a more recognized leading actor.

8. jse Registered

just watched a tv spot of SWATH. And the last shot was of hemsworth. and im pretty sure it lingered there for longer than i expected. i think theyre really trying lure the female demographic with that shot. Fandango's poll from mid April puts SWATH as the most anticipated summer 2012 movie among females.

9. Silvermoth Avenger

previous tenure?

I know right!

10. Xeno That's America's ass!

The handwriting was on the wall for Avengers:EMH when Jeph Loeb was hired. Going by his poor track history, it was a sure bet that he was going to loebotomize EMH once he got his wretched hands on it. The show's writing staff said that they had been let go in an interview over a year ago. Disney just hasn't gotten around to announcing that they already canceled the show.

11. Raiden Wakanda Forever

What a damn shame, and I thought with Disney's acquisition Marvel's animation studio will finally make an effort to challenge WB's dominace with all their Batman and Young Justice series. But then Jeph Loeb happens. :dry: At this rate, Marvel's animation will be suffering a greater setback than before, and pretty soon we won't have anything aside from Ultimate versions of everything. :cmad:

12. Drummerdude7 AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

And I thought it was bad whenI heard they were injecting Red Hulk into the series.

Seriously though, the man is dumbing down everything so much it hurts. What bothers me is this:

I don't think Loeb gets it. Standalone stories are fine, sure, but comic books have thrived on story arcs...getting from the beginning of a story to the end with development and meaningful resolution. It's like he is trying to turn every episode into a .1 issue. Story arcs invest your audience, makes them care, and makes them want to come back for more. If i miss a few issues of a really good series of comic books, I am going to WANT to catch up. This man infuriates me.

13. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Also, there's an easy way to keep the audience from getting lost: provide reasonably accessible ways to watch back episodes online. Put the stuff on Hulu, or on their own website.

14. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

15. Xeno That's America's ass!

Or, they could simply assume that the audience is intelligent enough to follow the show's plot(s) even when they miss an episode or two. When there were multiple-episode arcs in EMH's first season, the animators gave a fast recap of what went before to bring people up to speed. There is no reason whatsoever why that approach couldn't continue to work.

The real reason why EMH is being dumped is because Loeb didn't create it. "One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in." Loeb didn't have a hand in creating EMH, and he doesn't respect the show or its fans. He has changed it radically this season, with far too many guest appearances and one-shot episodes. While I know that Disney aims primarily to attract children, they should at least try to make the show accessible to adults as well. Even Spongebob and The Penguins of Madagascar manage that, so why can't Disney's Marvel shows?

Hulk and the Agents of Smash already reeks of crap. That one has Loeb's stamp all over it. Perhaps if it fails hard enough, Marvel will wise up and get rid of him. Though one would have thought that Loeb's inability to launch primetime shows as Marvel/Disney/ABC had planned would have already given them a clue about him.

16. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

sadly most TV shows are only considered successful if they hit the demographic they're targeting. Popular shows are canceled every season, not because they're viewership is low, but because the viewership they want isn't very high :(

its incredibly stupid to me... viewers = popularity = more advertisers = more money

17. craigdbfan Registered

Love the new T.V spot "See it again". Awesome. :awesome: :up:

18. Kane52630 XO User

Hopefully this is in the deleted scenes.

[​IMG]

19. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

It would be funny if the scooter he stole to get to the battle was from the Kardashians.

20. herolee10 No More Miracles

Curious, but with all of us now having seen the film, when I think back to the posts that we had in the past on here from posters who "claimed" to have the inside scoop, and the hints and details that were given to us that were supposed to be "spoilers" for the film, A LOT of them don't match up with what we saw in the film.lol

Come to think of it, I don't even seen TWO of the posters that were very ACTIVE in their spoiler telling prior to the release of the film. I wonder why...:oldrazz:

21. RealIrOnMaN Shellhead

[YT]l6V3UqV1v0M[/YT]

OMG... I want to play this video game so badly! Unhhh...

22. Drummerdude7 AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Hahahahaha I love Hulk dangling the little Chitauri

23. Lady Marion It's all in the swing

I hope so much that they'll do a LEGO game. I enjoyed the Batman and Star Wars games, they were so funny.

These videos are hilarious, thanks RIM!

24. Vartha Mod of Thunder

25. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Loved it! Somebody make a gif!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.