The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - Part 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. The Hurt Locker did that.

not really.. the hurt locker only had a select few audience members. don't get me wrong... it was an incredibly important role for him. Because it brought attention on him to the people who MAKE movies... Avengers is one of the films that brought attention to people who WATCH movies. if that makes sense?

Last edited:
Both of you are wrong...it was clearly 28 Weeks Later. :o

I had forgotten all about that movie, man.

To be honest, I completely forgot Renner was in SWAT, until I stumbled on to it on cable recently. I thought I became aware of him from the Hurt Locker.

I somewhat disagree. Sure, he's the Avenger with the least development and he was pretty much a zombie for the first half, he brought a lot to the role in the end. But did anyone honestly believe that Hawkeye was going to get more screentime than the others? I'm sure he'll have more to do in the future. I just hope that this interview doesn't affect his role in future films. I don't think Marvel would drop him, but they aren't fond of people biting the hand that feeds them Edward Norton and Terrence Howard come to mind.

He wasnt biting the hand that fed him. I read the entire interview, and he was quite insightful and complementary of his overall experience with the movie, and had many good things to say about it. Read in the context of the interview, the whole thing reads very, very diferently.

I always encourage people to try and read the original interviews instead of somebodys acount of them; they always highlight certain things that make them look diferent than intended and sometimes you need the whole thing to really get the details of whta people mean.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012...jeremy-renner-on-avengers-action-and-more/#/0

Last edited:
Yeah, it's just media outlets trying to get an Avengers scoop out of a Bourne Legacy interview. If anyone, I would say it's Jeremy Renner's way of dealing with people being so hyped about Avengers in an honest way, that is, he probably doesn't feel like much of that hype should go his way since he didn't have a huge role. He doesn't diss the character or Marvel and he seems to understand the scope of the MCU and how he could show up anywhere at anytime.

IMHO a brilliant article on the dual roles of cynicism and optimism in both The Avengers and The Dark Knight. The author does a great job of pointing out that BOTH of these two perfect films have a good deal of BOTH qualities. Well worth a read:

http://tinyurl.com/8hmdnak

My sister texted me before her flight on United Airlines to let me know they were showing The Avengers as the in-flight movie. Thought that was great.

My sister texted me before her flight on United Airlines to let me know they were showing The Avengers as the in-flight movie. Thought that was great.

Now see, every plane I've been on shows crappy or unknown movies. It's been about 5 years since I last flew and now Avengers is one of the movies? I'm ticked :D

Mine last week got Flipper. Go figure...

Just saw this today for the 5th time in theaters. Despite the loud-mouthed 5 year old sitting behind me and his overly aggressive father, The Avengers is still kick ass. Best movie of the summer, bar none.

Wow, that's insane. I've never seen a movie anywhere near as cool as The Avengers on a flight. I only get horrible movies I have no interest in.

Wow, that's insane. I've never seen a movie anywhere near as cool as The Avengers on a flight. I only get horrible movies I have no interest in.

I remember watching X2 on an international flight. It was a weird experience because they had completely cut out the tornadoes vs. jets sequence, for obvious reasons. But still, I didn't know movies could get edited like that for airlines, and was like, "wait, didn't something happen in between here?"

I don't think The Town and Hurt Locker is really what got him the lead role Bourne Legacy. He got the Hawkeye role for Thor and Avengers and then he started getting things like Mission Impossible, Bourne Legacy, etc.

I remember watching X2 on an international flight. It was a weird experience because they had completely cut out the tornadoes vs. jets sequence, for obvious reasons. But still, I didn't know movies could get edited like that for airlines, and was like, "wait, didn't something happen in between here?"

haha i remember that to. yeah, they cut out anything "too" unappropriate for children, and anything that could give people fear of flight

I don't think The Town and Hurt Locker is really what got him the lead role Bourne Legacy. He got the Hawkeye role for Thor and Avengers and then he started getting things like Mission Impossible, Bourne Legacy, etc.

he got the Hawkeye role for the avengers.... they just first used him in thor.

haha i remember that to. yeah, they cut out anything "too" unappropriate for children, and anything that could give people fear of flight

i saw goldeneye on a plane and they cut some of xenia's more overtly sexual actions. but funnily enough some of what they cut was in the adverts they'd shown for the film on the plane earlier.

How does he know he must go to Stark Tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"