Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

2. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

3. spidermanJLA!~

spidermanJLA!~ SUPERHERO

Exactly.

4. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

That was an online poll in which people could vote multiple times, as opposed to a scientific poll conducted by a reputable polling organization. They also failed to give the number of participants. Anyone with a brain understands that the results are worthless. But if it makes someone feel good, that's something.

The People's Choice Awards are also now conducted online and encourages multiple votes, whereas when it started it was based upon Gallop Poll results from a random sample of US residents. The ballot-stuffing nature of the PCA renders it nothing but useless fluff, but whoever wins will crow about it, anyway. (I reserve the right to crow if The Avengers wins anything because I'm petty like that. :cwink:)

5. Lady Marion

Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Rio de Janeiro had a beautiful New Year's fireworks and it starts with the Avengers score. The brazilians have style! :woot:

[YT]hHDrpl3uxyw[/YT]

6. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

In the year 2012....I made New Year's resolution to watch a bunch of movies from across the spectrum. I personally watched 487 movies. They were from all genres, decades, nationalities.

I watched a couple of them twice.....but I watched The AVENGERS 10 times.

7. mc7791

mc7791 The Past is your Fuel

thank you for posting that! I like Brazil a lot all of a sudden. Wonder how Avengers did compared to other international films that were released there.

8. Kane52630

Kane52630 Something's gotta stop the flow

I really love that Avengers theme song. It's what I imagine an epic superhero film should sound like.

9. mc7791

I try to do the same. Dont have the ability yet to see that many but I do try diversify when possible. I have never seen a film 4 times in the theater until Avengers. It not only held up but I noticed different things I did not see in a previous viewing. Like when Banner becomes the Hulk for the first time in the film the scene is amazing. What Ang Lee could not do in a 2+ hour movie Whedon was able to show in inner turmoil that Banner has to deal with in a 2 minute scene. Avengers is the type of entertainment that I go to the movies but rarely ever experience. Remarkable film.

10. Kane52630

There's only 3 films i've seen 3 times in theaters, TDK, Avatar, and now Avengers. There's many films I've seen twice in theaters but 3 times for me is saying a lot.

11. Lady Marion

Lady Marion It's all in the swing

You're welcome. Box office mojo says it was the most successfull film there in 2012: http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/brazil/yearly/

12. Doc Ock

I think the only movie I've seen in theaters twice was The Incredibles...I usually see movies late in their theatrical run due to money and/or time.

Yeah, it really is a great theme! But so short!

13. Kane52630

Maybe they can expand it for the sequel. :woot:

14. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

The Avengers was fantastic. Overrated is the last word I'd use to describe it.

Every accolade it got it fully and justly deserved. I remember how many people were banking on it "bombing", "failing" being "awful". A good majority of internet dwellers were so sure that Marvel/Whedon & company weren't going to be able to pull it off and lo and behold we're now at a point where it was so positively received that it's now being labeled as "overrated".

15. Doc Ock

They better! Make it a hour long theme lol.

16. mc7791

so many tentpole films were labeled as "Epic" in 2012. Avengers was the only film IMO that lived to that term. It has been one the few films, maybe the only one to live up and exceed the hype around it on every level in a big way. Yeah that article and poll calling it overrated sounds like sour grapes to me. If so then very funny.

17. Kryptonian Titan

Kryptonian Titan Well-Known Member

In fact, it was huge.
    I wonder how big the sequel will be overseas, now that the whole world knows the Avengers.

18. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

The University of Oklahoma Marching band just performed the Avengers theme at halftime during the Cotton Bowl..good stuff

19. Doc Ock

Woah! Thats awesome, I changed channels at halftime....

EDIT: Although they probably wouldn't of shown it anyways.

20. spidermanJLA!~

spidermanJLA!~ SUPERHERO

For your enjoyment:
    [YT]cnGedeRXkx4[/YT]
    I swear to Thanos my face lit up while watching the circle-up scene with this music.

21. mc7791

do you mean the part of the movie where all the Avengers are assembled on screen? If so then that scene brings tears to my eyes and the soundtrack that accompanies it is a very big part of that. Silverstri really hit the right tone with the soundtrack when so many others have fallen short.

22. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I cried my eyes out when I first saw the circle-up scene, and have done every viewing since (and I've watched it allot) :woot:.

23. mc7791

glad to enjoy it the same way as I as I am sure that others do. People would call me a major geek for a guy getting emotional during a superhero movie and not something like a biopic like Lincoln or a love story like Bridges of Madison county, but this movie really struck a cord with me. On so many levels Avengers was done right in so many ways a lot of films in the same or similar genres will have a lot to live up to if they want to be considered good in my eyes. A lot of flashy camera angles, 3d, pretty cgi and wooden acting, plot holes and/or juvenile humor do not a movie make. Question is will Hollywood take note at all.

24. spidermanJLA!~

spidermanJLA!~ SUPERHERO

Yeah, this is the scene that I meant. It was such a powerful feeling to see my favorite heroes assembling on screen. I can't explain why. The only other Superhero movie that gave me this feeling was TDKR during the final Bane battle. But the Avengers was so much more powerful.

25. mc7791

well I dont share the sentiment with TDKR. Im not a big DC or Nolan fan. I did like what did though. But with Avengers Whedon has taken the genre to a new level and he is now one of my favorite directors. I did like TDKR just did not love it. Happy you and others did though.