The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man just imagine in 30+ years time they have a cosmic event that reunites all the Avengers they've used in over 8-10 films (plus any other MU members as relevant). :wow:

One day man.... one day! So happy we can actually LOOK forward to this, and not just hope for it. It's gonna happen.

thorq.gif

:eek:
Yeah... definitely my fav part of that spot :wow::hrt::wow::hrt::wow:

Well, Feige says that's what he wants, but nothing is ever 100%...but it's very heartening to see that the characters take precedence, and not who portrays them.

I'm used to certain characters getting the short end of the stick in ensemble films (eg the X-Men films). Joss Whedon has proven that it is not necessary to do that when creating a cohesive film.

Avengers ticket pre-sales top all prior Marvel movies … combined

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/avengers-ticket-pre-sales-top-all-prior-marvel-movies-combined/

According to a Deadline Hollywood report, pre-sales for tickets of The Avengers have now topped pre-release ticket sales of every other Marvel Studios comic book film to date. To be more specific, The Avengers has pre-sold more tickets than all of Marvel Studios’ past efforts combined. That includes 2008′s Iron Man, 2010′s Iron Man 2, 2011′s Captain America: The First Avenger and 2011′s Thor. “… pre-sales are over 1 1/2-times that of these past Marvel films combined sales at the same point in the sales cycle,” claims online ticket broker MovieTickets.com.
:hrt: :applaud:gibbs:

Hah! No mention of TIH there. I wonder if it's because of the Universal deal.

I'm used to certain characters getting the short end of the stick in ensemble films (eg the X-Men films). Joss Whedon has proven that it is not necessary to do that when creating a cohesive film.

Here's hoping that this movie rubs off on other efforts in the future in that regard.

A very interesting quote from Feige regarding the ever-continuing MCU and the "age" factor of their actors. From CBM.

FEIGE: "I think Bond is a good example. Let’s put it this way: I hope Downey makes a lot of movies for us as Stark. If and when he doesn’t, and I’m still here making these movies, we don’t take him to Afghanistan and have him wounded again. I think we James Bond it."

That is exactly how American soap operas handle recasting characters. They simply drop the new actor/actress in and continue as if nothing happened. Life goes on, the audience adjusts and there is no reason to rehash the character's back story again.

Marvel's approach is brilliant because it will eliminate the need to reboot the series by retelling the character's origin. Repetition is tedious and can make it difficult for the audience to remain invested in the character. How many times do we really want or need to see Spider-Man's origin retold on screen, or Superman's, or any other hero? Once they get the origin right, they should simply carry on with the narrative, swapping out actors and using sequels to explore other facets of the character's history.

Just reading that, I already miss RDJ, but I'm glad that they won't restart the Movies every 5-10 years. Doing a James Bond is the best way to go.

Hah! No mention of TIH there. I wonder if it's because of the Universal deal.

I'm not sad at all that a lot of critics and reports like that one are not including TIH in their list. Not only was the movie my least favorite next to IM2, but it's main actor didn't return so it doesn't have to fit in with the whole Marvel Studios Universe leading up to Avengers.

My local Imax is doing their own all day showing of the Marvel movies then Avengers at midnight. Hahaha, they have them all except TIH.

By this time next week I will finally get to watch the Avengers! This makes me a happy Kidd

That TV spot is the best one yet!! Chills.

avengers is number 78 on imdb's top 250 films

Sorry, I said yesterday that after seeing it midnight I was going to give my spoiler free review but I had some troubles, you see, my town is really dangerous, I almost got kidnapped on my way home but that's another story.

The movie itself is THE BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER (yea, above TDK) and I really doubt something this year will top this.
Everyone, I mean EVERYONE has their time to shine. Great performances from everyone (hats off to Tom Hiddleston and Ruffalo).
Anyone that had doubts about cinematography can relax because it is great. Great tracking shots, great lighting etc. I was afraid because I got 3D tickets and usually 3D is really dark but rest asured that you wont miss a thing due to the 3D.
The 3D itself is not bad, not great but I'll recommend you to watch it 2D.

Now I'll talk about some details that we discussed along the way from each character. I'll put it in spoiler not because it reveals the story itself but some details some people may want to see it for themselves

Captain America [BLACKOUT] We had complete threads discussing his helmet and body. I was against this new suit and helmet but it looks awesome, don't worry, the helmet never looks as bad as we make it to be.[/BLACKOUT]

Thor [BLACKOUT]Thor is a powerhouse, no doubt. He flies more than he does in his movie, he usses his super strenght and lightning powers and he doesn't uses his helmet :csad: [/BLACKOUT]

Hawkeye [BLACKOUT]Never uses his glasses[/BLACKOUT]

Black Widow [BLACKOUT]I never saw the Widow's bite (I think thats the name of the things in her arms) and both she and Clint prove themselves as Avengers[/BLACKOUT]

Iron Man No details about him

Nick Fury [BLACKOUT]Goes on badass mode[/BLACKOUT]

aaand The Hulk [BLACKOUT] He is the strongest there is. He Does a lot of memorable things in the movie. His transformations scenes are waay too different from each other and great in their own way, specially the second one. He is the best Hulk we've seen on film period. Ruffalo's Banner is alot like Bixby's wich is great.[/BLACKOUT]

IF ANYONE FROM MARVEL STUDIOS IS READING THIS, PLEASE MAKE A NEW HULK MOVIE WITH RUFFALO!

I give it a 10 out of 10!

Dead serious, lets hear it. I really wanna hear it. I love stories like that :D

There is now a crappy CAM version of the Avengers online. I hope people don't rob themselves of an opportunity to see this thing on the big screen

I'll watch this at least 3 times. A second time tomorrow and then again on Monday at 2PM, where the Theater will hopefully be empty. After that, I might go whenever I'm in the mood.

Dead serious, lets hear it. I really wanna hear it. I love stories like that :D

PM or right here?

Also I may need to ask where are you from... you know, for my safety. This type of things have made me really paranoid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"