The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
greatest movie I've ever seen. an experience like no other.

I finally get to see this film for the first time tommorrow!!! :wow:

like everyone says here U ARE GONNA LOVE IT...
but just a quick note: i know that ur a huge thor fan, like me, u might be a bit irked by the fact that he is underused in the movie...but thats just a minor minor minor issue.....

^ Nah I think I'll be fine, I pretty much knew that was going to be the case from the get go.

^ Nah I think I'll be fine, I pretty much knew that was going to be the case from the get go.

You can also look it at this way: Thor will be featured in a movie for three consecutive years, starting with Thor's first movie last year, followed by The Avengers, and Thor 2 next year. It's a great time to be a Thor fan.

He might be underused...but he damn sure wasn't underpowered! BT, you are gonna dig his power range, not to mention some of the things you wanted to see are right there on the big screen. Only thing I wished to see but didn't were true strength feats from Hulk/Thor. There weren't really any, but then again there didn't really need to be, with all that was going on! Amazing film nonetheless, gets better with repeat viewings (not many movies do that) and I'm gonna see on SUNDAY AGAIN!

OH, and BT, we got our Thor/Hulk team-up moment in the film...can't wait to see them kick ash together some more!

He might be underused...but he damn sure wasn't underpowered! BT, you are gonna dig his power range, not to mention some of the things you wanted to see are right there on the big screen. Only thing I wished to see but didn't were true strength feats from Hulk/Thor. There weren't really any, but then again there didn't really need to be, with all that was going on! Amazing film nonetheless, gets better with repeat viewings (not many movies do that) and I'm gonna see on SUNDAY AGAIN!

OH, and BT, we got our Thor/Hulk team-up moment in the film...can't wait to see them kick ash together some more!

I know, I saw it a few hours ago dude it was quite awesome indeed. :woot:

Just got back from seeing it, this is how I felt when it ended:
tumblr_m26sbnXbo51qayjdq.gif

Flippin' AWESOME!!!! I really don't think I have any severe criticisms or anything. The 3D wasn't as bad as I was expecting (for a post-conversion), though things did get a touch disorienting during the final battle. Agree with what people have been saying for a while, that tracking shot is a THING OF BEAUTY!!!!!

Only downside wasn't with the movie but was with some of the other movie goers. There were a couple people that brought small SMALL children (we had kids crying that had to be taken out more than once, kids asking questions LOUDLY, I know it's one of those things that you just have to deal with when going to the movie theater - but it just kind of grates on my nerves a bit)

Will be seeing it again tomorrow morning in 2D

^ There was one kid who kept going "where's Hulk, where's Hulk", I was like chill dude it's called The Avengers not "Hulk and His Amazing Friends".

^ There was one kid who kept going "where's Hulk, where's Hulk", I was like chill dude it's called The Avengers not "Hulk and His Amazing Friends".

You know that's what they wanna see. Brats get antsy during dialogue scenes.

LOL. Down here that's not much of a problem, we just go to late screenings with subtitles, and that's it.

But it is very annoying when it happens. The kid is not guilty, is his f*** parents who take him out to bother other people.

thor's not underused at all. his scenes with loki are the most compelling in the whole movie. he was in all the best fights.

but yeah, bought a ticket for tonight's showing early but than traded it in Thursday night for the midnight show out of impatience. My new favorite movie of all time. (sorry indy) My 3d ticket only cost me a dollar. >:D

my crowd was perfect, they cheered and laughed when they needed to, but never over any dialogue. best. movie. experience. ever.

my crowd was perfect, they cheered and laughed when they needed to, but never over any dialogue. best. movie. experience. ever.

I wish the same could be said of my crowd. They were so rowdy we missed big portions of dialogue.

Same here, man. It really enhances the experience.

Just got back from seeing it, this is how I felt when it ended:
tumblr_m26sbnXbo51qayjdq.gif

Flippin' AWESOME!!!! I really don't think I have any severe criticisms or anything. The 3D wasn't as bad as I was expecting (for a post-conversion), though things did get a touch disorienting during the final battle. Agree with what people have been saying for a while, that tracking shot is a THING OF BEAUTY!!!!!

Only downside wasn't with the movie but was with some of the other movie goers. There were a couple people that brought small SMALL children (we had kids crying that had to be taken out more than once, kids asking questions LOUDLY, I know it's one of those things that you just have to deal with when going to the movie theater - but it just kind of grates on my nerves a bit)

Will be seeing it again tomorrow morning in 2D

my reserved seating midnight screening had the best audience...
they all seemed to be hardcore comic book fans and i realized this as the TDKR and Spiderman trailer showed up...
they really cheered as the movie went by.....dead silent when [BLACKOUT]Couslon died[/BLACKOUT] and standing ovation after the movie ended and mid credits....
and insane laughter at the end credits

thor's not underused at all. his scenes with loki are the most compelling in the whole movie. he was in all the best fights.

but yeah, bought a ticket for tonight's showing early but than traded it in Thursday night for the midnight show out of impatience. My new favorite movie of all time. (sorry indy) My 3d ticket only cost me a dollar. >:D

underused in action sequences....but well played in a movie with only 2hrs time limit and other top actors to cater to....
But still to me the frost giant battle in thor is still top of my charts
it makes sense that there is more to come from him in the future, considering we got triple threat of thor, avengers, and thor 2

My midnight crowd last night was great. We were one of four shows sold-out in the house.

I actually went again this afternoon. The theater was 3/4 full for a 1pm showing, which is crazy. No one goes to those.

The crowd tonight was very enthusiastic and into the movie. But I could have done without the fool behind me who answered his damn phone, or the little kid who was Captain Obvious Jr. -- kept announcing everything, asked a lot of questions, generally talked all the time until he got too tired to gab. Loki scared him. I was happy.

The multiplex was as crowded as I've ever seen it, and I was there for the HP8 madness last summer. Every show sold out up to the last ones, and they were selling out as we left. People were queuing up for the 11:00 and later shows at 10 PM, hoping to get good seats. I met a couple who had tickets for a 9PM show but the theater oversold it and they were turned away. They got tickets for an 11:35 show. We were lucky to get in at 7:20; it sold out minutes after I bought the tickets. So many people packed the theater that they took out the seating in the lobby and installed crowd-control lanes for the people waiting to get in. It was unbelievable.

Honestly, I think that TA could easily have sold out 10 of the auditoriums in that building all night, given the number of people who tried to get tickets and were turned away. The upscale plaza around the theater was full of people in Avengers T-shirts, carrying toys, kids in Thor helmets or carrying Cap shields, etc. It was insane, in a good way.

I went to the last matinee the theater I went to offered (3:45 PM) and it had only about 70 people in it, which is still good enough to get nice crowd reactions. Never had a problem hearing the dialogue over the laughter, except for after Hulk smashed Loki and missed the "Puny god," remark. Walking out of the movie and into the theater lobby, there already lines of people waiting just outside my theater and lots of people in the ticket line, many in Avengers costume and T-shirts.

I went to the last matinee the theater I went to offered (3:45 PM) and it had only about 70 people in it, which is still good enough to get nice crowd reactions. Never had a problem hearing the dialogue over the laughter, except for after Hulk smashed Loki and missed the "Puny god," remark. Walking out of the movie and into the theater lobby, there already lines of people waiting just outside my theater and lots of people in the ticket line, many in Avengers costume and T-shirts.

That's good to hear. I'm going to the last matinee also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"