The Avengers Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've emailed Disney about the CAM, i emailed them regarding the leaked script and they had no clue and were very happy that I informed them and said that they would get their lawyers to look into it straight away. Hopefully same thing happens now. Usually I wouldn't care but damn this film is awesome and needs to be seen in all it's glory.

I don't know if Im going senile or not, but I believe I've seen a few clips in the new tv spots that I don't think was included in the fan screening a few weeks ago?

Am I the only one?

If you went to the fan screening, please tell me I'm not crazy lol

I'm definitely going to see it again.To see some new footage would be awesome!

posted this in another thread.......Is it just me?

I don't know the full story as to I haven't seen it.

BUT sometimes promotions includes material that was deleted or was edited differently or alternate takes that fit the marketing campaign more than it does the film. So often times there are things in trailers that aren't in the theatrical cut of the film.

And wasn't aware the script leaked, now that I would have loved to get my hands on. If it was released in stores, I'd buy it. As a writer, to me those have a lot to teach.

I don't think Fox ever had the rights of Thor & IM to begin with; it was Paramount who had their rights before Marvel negotiated a deal to get them back.

You're right,Stan Lee pitched Thor (and maybe Iron Man,can't find that article),but they didn't understand him.THANK GOD!!
:woot:

I'm pretty sure it's in Spanish if it's the one I read I about. If you wanna watch a Spanish dubbed cam recorded version of the Avengers you are sad and pathetic. Seriously, delete your account from SHH and never show up again.

I'm pretty sure it's in Spanish if it's the one I read I about. If you wanna watch a Spanish dubbed cam recorded version of the Avengers you are sad and pathetic. Seriously, delete your account from SHH and never show up again.

English. Good audio. No echoes. No white noise. No person talking over it. Sound wise, in regards to cams, it's about 9/10. (watched first three minutes then scrolled through to some later scenes and stopped, didn't see a lot (only five minutes worth) but sound seemed like that all the way through.)

The dialog is beyond awesome - might be one of my favorite parts, just really witty and classic. That and snippets of action scenes I didn't see before (like quick seconds) is what made me turn it off.

Pathetic? Yes. Am I like an alcoholic? Yes. That's why I turned it off. BUT, trust me, doubt people here would care that much if it was in Spanish. Or at least I wouldn't care. Not many can understand Spanish, thus few anywhere would watch it. It'd be unwatchable.

The NFL Draft TV Spot in HD!

[YT]aWoRWQv2lrk&feature[/YT]

Another new one:

[YT]CrV-5rxkOIY&feature[/YT]

PM or right here?

Also I may need to ask where are you from... you know, for my safety. This type of things have made me really paranoid

Hey Sorry man, I just pm'd ya

Pathetic? Yes. Am I like an alcoholic? Yes. That's why I turned it off. BUT, trust me, doubt people here would care that much if it was in Spanish. Or at least I wouldn't care. Not many can understand Spanish, thus few anywhere would watch it. It'd be unwatchable.

Ok, I get it, it's an English copy. But still, we've waited this long, what's another week? We all know it's a fantastic movie, it's not like someone would be watching it to see if it's any good or not.

Ok, I get it, it's an English copy. But still, we've waited this long, what's another week? We all know it's a fantastic movie, it's not like someone would be watching it to see if it's any good or not.

Some fans may give in, to just see it, but that's due to anticipation. As said with alcoholic example.

General audiences? Numerous reasons why they tune to cams and most of them are not good in box office terms. Excluding the reason I do lol - since I've seen said film in theaters then watch online to pass time between it being out of theaters and not out on dvd where I buy it. Not many are like that though (just using it as a in-between).

So the point is more how general audiences online may react. Won't be huge. But at least one person has seen it, or downloaded it, and now won't go to theaters for whatever reason they have. That's why the sooner offline the better.

I was reading a lot of posts about Dark Knight Rises vs. Avengers - which do the fanboys want to see more....I think if you are interested in one of these, chances are you are interested in BOTH. However, if I had to choose, it would without a doubt be AVENGERS ! And I'll tell you why...

I didn't care for Thor comic, Iron Man comics, Capt America comics (i did like Hulk comics) and I certainly didn't care for Avengers comics. I love Batman, Superman, X-Men, and Spider-Man comics the most.....But when it comes to film, its a different beast. The way Marvel did the movies of those characters really sparked my interest. They made excellent FUN films. ANd superhero movies are suppose to be fun. I understand DC like Batman and Superman are suppose to be more character driven, serious stories and I get that. Nolan Batman really takes itself VERY seriously. Very dark films about the character development. Very great films that belong in oscar category. But the thing about Marvel films is that they really are just so fun to watch. I'm a huge fan of popcorn cinema. I like big budget explosions, great one liners, on screen chemistry with the actors. Marvel fulfills that.

Thing about Dark Knight Rises is there is no Heath Ledger / Joker which was the appeal of the last one. Tom Hardy (not main stream at all) & Anne Hathaway (too wholesome for the seductive thief Catwoman) does not appeal to me as the villains. I understand that its all about Bruce Wayne's fall of Gotham and how he will triumph, possibly with sacraficing his life, but I've seen 6 Batman films with 3 director's interpatations of the character. We have NEVER seen anything like Avengers in the history of film. They are taking 4 different movies main characters and putting them all in one film and getting all the same big actors to reprise their role (except hulk). WB could not even get Batman & Superman together. Bale would say **** no and there isn't even a main superman until 2013. Marvel somehow managed to pull off a mega all star flick.

Avengers looks to be a fun popcorn movie full of one liners. And we've already invested 10 hours (5 marvel movies) to get to know these characters and see them grow, now we get to see them together and fight the greater evil (another character we've grown to know - Loki). 10 hours of getting to know these characters, so now we get to see them in their biggest challenge. We get to see Paltrow, Sam Jackson, Renner, ScarJo return as well....Its just so much fun, plus its being directed by a comic book guy - Joss Whedon who did an excellent job on Astonishing X-Men series in 2004 - so this guy knows his comic books. Nolan is doing HIS version of Batman, which is more of an oscar film than a comic book film - but I'm in the mood for a comic book film of action adventure... We've invested 4-5 hours of Nolan Batman films to see Batman, Alfred, Gordon & Lucious Fox. Well, thats great because of the amazing talent who fills those roles, but ...

Iron Man, Capt America, Hulk, Fury, Thor > Batman, Alfred, Fox, Gordon . . IMO

On screen chemistry, no comparison. Robert Downey Jr and Gwenith Paltron were fun to watch. Their onscreen chemistry was hilarious to watch. When Pepper found out that Tony was dying and they were arguing during the height of the battle in Iron Man 2, that was gold. Katie Holmes & Christian Bale ? What chemistry ? When Maggie G died , did the audience cry ? No, the character Rachel Dawes sucked and we just thought how bad ass Joker was. Imagine if Pepper died, there would be a lot of people upset. MAggie G & Bale had no chemistry. The characters of Avengers are so rich, Tony Stark - cocky, confident, smart ass......Capt America - conservative, traditional, well mannered.......Thor - different world, loud, does what he wants......Bruce Banner - troubled, nerdy ......We've been introduced to them , now lets see these different type of characters interact. I would love and HOPE for a scene where Capt America wants his 'dance' with the grand daughter of his love interested on his movie and taking advice from both Tony Stark & Pepper. That would be hilarious as Tony gives bad advice and Pepper corrects him, and they end up arguing over it. Thats the kind of stuff I'm hoping to see in Avengers.

TDKR will be a great movie, no doubt. But the appeal is how Nolan will do Bane, Talia, and Catwoman in this movie. The people portraying the roles, we aren't sure about. Going into the movie, we are curious more than excited. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman is NOT exciting me. I am more curious than excited. Bane - who knows...Maybe a poor man's Joker ? I dunno.... But TDKR is def number 2 on my list of things to see in 2012 along with Prometheus, but Avengers tops mine. The previous 5 movies were so good that I've become a fan of comic book characters I originally did not care for. Now that I like the characters so much, I cant wait.

2013 will be just as exciting with Iron Man 3 & Superman Reboot to top off the summer.

The NFL Draft TV Spot in HD!

[YT]aWoRWQv2lrk&feature[/YT]

Another new one:

[YT]CrV-5rxkOIY&feature[/YT]

that 2nd one..Thor flying from the sky and landing behind the taxi definitely wasn't in the main movie when i saw it at the screening

newavenger001.jpg

newavenger002.jpg

newavenger003.jpg

newavenger004.jpg

newavenger005.jpg

newavenger006.jpg

Hulk..looks...like...a video game :/ sorta..i hope its because of the detail and contrast of the images

AWESOME MOVIE!

THANOS! COOL!

Seems the servant has a human hand. Red Skull maybe?

Captain Marvel for the next one? They´re planning a Inhumans movie so they going to introduce the kree, so...

and a guardians of the galaxy movie is basically almost confirmed in 2014

Some fans may give in, to just see it, but that's due to anticipation. As said with alcoholic example.

General audiences? Numerous reasons why they tune to cams and most of them are not good in box office terms. Excluding the reason I do lol - since I've seen said film in theaters then watch online to pass time between it being out of theaters and not out on dvd where I buy it. Not many are like that though (just using it as a in-between).

So the point is more how general audiences online may react. Won't be huge. But at least one person has seen it, or downloaded it, and now won't go to theaters for whatever reason they have. That's why the sooner offline the better.

Valid point, but it's out there now, there is no taking it down. It'll just keep popping back up.

Hulk..looks...like...a video game :/ sorta..i hope its because of the detail and contrast of the images

I think Hulk looks that way because EW double-sharpens their exclusive stills. Pretty sure it looks good in the movie, if it's in.

I think Hulk looks that way because EW double-sharpens their exclusive stills. Pretty sure it looks good in the movie, if it's in.

Oh ok. And you know how much sharpening can saturate an image.

Valid point, but it's out there now, there is no taking it down. It'll just keep popping back up.

Not necessarily. One other blockbuster appeared, forgot what one, then disappeared the following day with no sight of it ever since then online. So studios can wipe them out. Unsure about bit-torrents, but streaming sites studios do have some control over. Making it harder for them to find a stream to link. :word:

I find the progress from Napster to today to be really intriguing.

And to the images - Hawkeye in first shot appears photoshopped - so yeah it's just what EW did to them.

Yeah I'm talking about bit torrents, it's next to impossible to get rid of then.

Don't know how many still use straight bittorrents anymore. I used to. But then streaming sites grew in popularity because it's so easy. Mostly just use it for in-between time, indie/foreign films I wouldn't have seen otherwise, and catching up on TV shows. Might be wrong about this though and just as many people use bittorrents still as they do stream. Unsure. So at least it'll be more limited, I think. While streaming is like... lol... free illegal cable practically.

Just watched captain america again. its is now cemented as my favorite MCU film!

I don't know the full story as to I haven't seen it.

BUT sometimes promotions includes material that was deleted or was edited differently or alternate takes that fit the marketing campaign more than it does the film. So often times there are things in trailers that aren't in the theatrical cut of the film.
Yeah I remember ROTK had scenes shown in trailers/TV spots that weren't in the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"