World Avengers cartoon - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have extra fingers? i can't count the number of posts you have in this part of this thread you have talking about it on my fingers and toes. the amount of whining other people do doesn't make your whining less excessive, it just puts you in their company.

That's a tad extreme, but hey call it what you want, I've said all I had to say about the matter.

*shrugs*

Last edited:
Yep, which is probably going to be weeks from or atleast until the issue's brought up again (I don't want to be incessant). :woot:

Last edited:
I agree, that's why I'm pretty happy with Ms. Marvel joining the team :woot:.

So do I. That's why they were showcasing her kicking so much butt in that preview, to prove that she belongs with this group of bad asses:

avengers-earths-mightiest-heroes.jpg

I want to see how she'll interact with team members like Thor and Hulk. She may even become good friends with Panther and Hawkeye.

shenanigans.

my biggest wish for season two is that the get rid of the hulk. if they do that i'll be happy

thats crazy why would they do that he's a founding member of the avengers. if thats the case they can take iron man off the hulk does more than him anyway

So do I. That's why they were showcasing her kicking so much butt in that preview, to prove that she belongs with this group of bad asses:

I want to see how she'll interact with team members like Thor and Hulk. She may even become good friends with Panther and Hawkeye.

I can't wait to see Ronan as well, there's quite a few people that I want to see him go up against (Super Skrull, Thor, Hulk, Mar-Vell).

thats crazy why would they do that he's a founding member of the avengers. if thats the case they can take iron man off the hulk does more than him anyway
i guess that's why he stayed on the team in the comics so long right:dry:
the hulk hasn't added anything story wise to the show since gamma world except making the action stop every couple of episodes so someone can kiss his ash and tell him he's special and not a monster. time for him to go.

i guess that's why he stayed on the team in the comics so long right:dry:
the hulk hasn't added anything story wise to the show since gamma world except making the action stop every couple of episodes so someone can kiss his ash and tell him he's special and not a monster. time for him to go.

lol they didnt do a story on iron man or hawkeye at all besides other than the hulk and thor the avengers are nothing

lol they didnt do a story on iron man or hawkeye at all besides other than the hulk and thor the avengers are nothing
they don't need to do specific stories for iron man because he contributes in all the stories, they have did have a fairly hawkeye centric episode in the widows sting. they've tied hawkeye into the shield espionage world and the kree/skrull plot, so once that's done they should probably relegate him to a guest star spot too. and to say that the avengers are nothing without hulk and thor is ridiculous; they've got more powerhouses on their team than any other in comics, and unlike the hulk in this show many of them are interesting characters that will add to the show, like ms. marvel or she-hulk.

they don't need to do specific stories for iron man because he contributes in all the stories, they have did have a fairly hawkeye centric episode in the widows sting. they've tied hawkeye into the shield espionage world and the kree/skrull plot, so once that's done they should probably relegate him to a guest star spot too. and to say that the avengers are nothing without hulk and thor is ridiculous; they've got more powerhouses on their team than any other in comics, and unlike the hulk in this show many of them are interesting characters that will add to the show, like ms. marvel or she-hulk.

I see what you mean they all had a chance to shine really. I agree they do have more powerhouses that they should add like ms. marvel, she-hulk, and hercules. Those the main heroes i want to see appear on this show

Quick question and possible concern: If Josh Fine is leaving Marvel, is there a possibilty that this show could be.....?

I think it was a good idea to have Hulk in this series since he's going to be a featured character again in the live action movie and he was a founding Avenger.

venomfangs125, as of now there is no indication of such. My hope is that Fine's departure is simply a career move, promotion up the creative ladder for him.

I don't think that would do it, no.

It will be a shame to lose Josh Fine; he has helped produce quite a few good Marvel cartoons, including A:EMH. I imagine a lot of work for Season 2 has already been done, so his departure may not effect it too much. If voice recording has already been done, or is being wrapped, for season 2, that means the episodes are already written, and so on. It takes about a year for finished animation to return from overseas, after all.

I'm fine with Ms. Marvel joining the cast for season 2. It will be interesting for Wasp to not be the only female presence on the team. Of course, Black Widow showed up in a fair share of episodes, and Mockingbird showed up in one, so she has had some competition at times.

I think the Hulk has been great in this cartoon; I was initially concerned, but those concerns have proven unwarranted. He didn't hog the show, even when a two part episode was made with his villains; Thor and Hawkeye had about as much to do with "GAMMA-WORLD" as Hulk did. The Hulk was powerful without being TOO powerful that his battles had no drama; which has often been the case with him in the comics for me. Plus, he could actually talk and have some rapport with other characters. Initially hostile and untrusting, the Hulk was eventually accepted by his comrades and he came to accept them, at least as much as he could. The choice to utilize the Hulk from the early to mid 60's, who was more "eternally surly" then a 3-word vocabulary spouting clod, was wise. It was cool when both Thor and Captain America had little moments accepting him, and the dynamic he had with Wasp.

I thought over 26 episodes, the focus shifted around each character well. Hawkeye did come very close to stealing the show in some episodes, but I suppose that's part of his charm. I'm satisfied with everything overall, which is actually a good and rare thing sometimes.

I think the Hulk has been great in this cartoon; I was initially concerned, but those concerns have proven unwarranted. He didn't hog the show, even when a two part episode was made with his villains; Thor and Hawkeye had about as much to do with "GAMMA-WORLD" as Hulk did. The Hulk was powerful without being TOO powerful that his battles had no drama; which has often been the case with him in the comics for me. Plus, he could actually talk and have some rapport with other characters. Initially hostile and untrusting, the Hulk was eventually accepted by his comrades and he came to accept them, at least as much as he could. The choice to utilize the Hulk from the early to mid 60's, who was more "eternally surly" then a 3-word vocabulary spouting clod, was wise. It was cool when both Thor and Captain America had little moments accepting him, and the dynamic he had with Wasp.

Yeah I think Hulk was one of the most well utilized characters on the show, and your comment about Thor and Cap's little moments with Hulk made me think of when he screamed "THIS IS FOR THOR"!!! (smack)

Yeah I think Hulk was one of the most well utilized characters on the show, and your comment about Thor and Cap's little moments with Hulk made me think of when he screamed "THIS IS FOR THOR"!!! (smack)

Oh man, I loved that. I'm a big Hulk fan, and I kind of feel like there's always been some missing potential with him being held out of the Avengers (even if his cousin does have some good chemistry with them when she's with the team). To see him actually portrayed as clicking with the team has been great.

I agree. When I first saw it, I thought "Aw, he DOES care."

I have to admit during the Hail, Hydra episode I was surprised with the Cap/Hulk bit. I was actually relieved they finally had an interaction, besides telling him to MOVE during Kang's invasion.

Now, Christopher Yost says Ms Marvel has a military personality, "charge in first, guns blazing before asking questions." She sounds like she'll click perfectly with members such as Hulk, Thor and Hawkeye. Provided the 8 stay the same and simply let her stay.

Frankly I don't see any of them leaving. They've each said they consider themselves Avengers. When Yost said the team would get smaller than bigger again, I think he meant Giant-Man "leaving" in season 2, then Ms Marvel joins up with them, then Hank comes back as "Yellow Jacket." Sound right? Vision may appear, but possibly as a potential member for a potential season 3.

Last edited:
Frankly I don't see any of them leaving. They've each said they consider themselves Avengers. When Yost said the team would get smaller than bigger again, I think he meant Giant-Man "leaving" in season 2, then Ms Marvel joins up with them, then Hank comes back as "Yellow Jacket." Sound right? Vision may appear, but possibly as a potential member for a potential season 3.

Doubtful. The Avengers losing one member (who is promptly replaced by another and then comes back) doesn't really sound like making it "smaller."

With regard to the Hulk, one thing I hope to see in season 2 is MORE BANNER! I'd like to see him develop his relationship with Steve, Tony, Hank(s), Janet, Thor, & T'Challa. In the comics, they all have to one degree or another developed a friendship with Bruce and this has led to many mixed emotions when at times the Hulk was on a rampage and they were the one's who had to(try to) take him down. It makes for an interesting dynamic. But so far in A:EMH about the only Avenger who's said 2 words to Banner was Hawkeye in Gamma World. I just feel like there's an important aspect of that whole relationship that's not being explored...yet.

Doubtful. The Avengers losing one member (who is promptly replaced by another and then comes back) doesn't really sound like making it "smaller."

But, see that's the "get bigger again" part. Or Wasp leaves with Hank when leaves. Which....As it may pain me to say about my favorite Avenger, wouldn't be too much of a loss. It'd be better and more logical than losing:

Panther: Who announced he was an Avenger in the Masters of Evil episode

Hawkeye: Who said he was an Avenger to Widow in Hail, Hydra.

Hulk: Who said he'll stay if 'Cupid' stays.

Thor: Who says he's honored to be counted among them in 'A Day Unlike Any Other.'

Iron Man: Is the NOW leader.

Captain America: Is the LATER leader.

^^^Losing any of the guys I listed would contradict their words in past episodes.

Unless they go for the West Coast line-up as a secondary team to help on, well...The West Coast of America.

Last edited:
You know, lots of characters in superhero teams have always said "I'll never leave!" and the like, and quite a few DO end up leaving eventually whether briefly or for a while. Words, are in the end, just words. Who knows what circumstances could happen in future episodes that causes members to leave?

For all we know, Skrull Cap could plant seeds of distrust in the Avengers and get some people to quit the team.

I´m going to assume that those characters that are going to be in the Avengers movie will stay on for season two of A:EMH. That then leaves Ant-man, Wasp and Black Panther as the ones on the chopping block.

Personally I would rather they just add more members to the team even if it means that all the characters aren't in each and every episode.

You know, lots of characters in superhero teams have always said "I'll never leave!" and the like, and quite a few DO end up leaving eventually whether briefly or for a while. Words, are in the end, just words. Who knows what circumstances could happen in future episodes that causes members to leave?

For all we know, Skrull Cap could plant seeds of distrust in the Avengers and get some people to quit the team.

Hmph. We'll just have to wait and see.

I´m going to assume that those characters that are going to be in the Avengers movie will stay on for season two of A:EMH. That then leaves Ant-man, Wasp and Black Panther as the ones on the chopping block.

Personally I would rather they just add more members to the team even if it means that all the characters aren't in each and every episode.

Exactly....

Now. Hank...Everyone keeps saying he's a wife beater... (Elsewhere of course.) I gotta wonder, they're not gonna do that on this show are they? (It's not like they're against showing women get hurt on this show....) Because a lot of people say how Hank's sanity was in question in the comics and now Hank's unleashing his rage on Ambomination and mercilessly KILLING Frost Giants...I can't help but worry if that new Yellow Jacket persona brings up certain issues...Forgive me if I'm naive its just a lot of places I go Hank is hated on because he 'beats' Jan...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"