World Avengers cartoon - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, but that was still a pretty stupid thing not to include that at some point in the film.

Although, I'm pretty sure I can speak for everyone here when I say we WANT a SEASON 3. Marvel needs to get out of its rut.

Seriously....A lot of people think it's not gonna happen, meanwhile a larger amount of others love this show, so I don't see what the problem is. I thought all that mattered for a show was ratings. Plus, the've already got rights and the disney buy-out out of the way so I don't see any excuses for them.

Last edited:
Everyone's just nervous because the last few quality Marvel shows got the axe so quickly.

I consider it at least a small victory that this show is continuing for now. That is until they cut off the show mid-production on season 2 ala the last decade's MOTU cartoon :D .

I consider it at least a small victory that this show is continuing for now. That is until they cut off the show mid-production on season 2 ala the last decade's MOTU cartoon :D .

Were those episodes in post-production like Avengers' season 2 episodes?

Heck yeah, I thought he was gonna have a reacurring role in WATXM, I also expected him to have a MUCH larger role in X-Men: Last Stand (as well as a fight between Colossus vs Juggernaut).

I mean seriously, they had Colossus and Juggs in the same movie but you didn't include a fight between the two?

Madness!!! :wall:

Don't get me started on Marvel Animation's ignoring or squandering Colossus since forever, man. :o

Don't even joke like that, man!

At the very least, I don't think the sales of a toy line would as drastically effect the bottom line of A:EMH than it probably did for MOTU.

Right now it seems another season of 26 episodes is assured. Voice acting for it has just ended or is wrapping up and that means finished episodes may be available for air next year. It will reach the 52 episode barrier and that's not a mark that a Marvel cartoon that isn't Super Hero Squad or Iron Man Armored Adventures (i.e. a show that isn't shamelessly pandering to the under 12 crowd) has reached since 2003. A third season would be awesome but right now I am focused on enjoying the second.

Same here

Indeed. Within the last ten years, the amount of Marvel shows that have reached 56 episodes have been:

X-MEN: EVOLUTION (2000-2003)
MARVEL SUPER HERO SQUAD SHOW (2009-2011)
IRON MAN: ARMORED ADVENTURES (2009-2011)
AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES (2009-2011/12)

That's four shows within 10 years; and only 3 within 5.

Of course, it may just be a difficult period for TV animation in general. WB animation had JUSTICE LEAGUE (which became JLU from seasons 3-5), STATIC SHOCK, THE BATMAN, and BATMAN: BRAVE AND THE BOLD hit that mark.

(For the record, and maybe this is the wrong topic, but it is frankly amazing that STATIC SHOCK was on network TV for 4 seasons, did 52 episodes, was nominated for 6 Emmy's and won 2, and to date its only official DVD release was a single release offering episodes 1-6...from 2004. It gets hard to deny that racism still exists in the industry when you think about that.)

Even in the 90's, only four comic book cartoons reached at least 52 episodes or more: BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, SPIDER-MAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, and X-MEN. Technically, BATMAN BEYOND only had 47 episodes (and an animated movie). But, Marvel had difficulty getting a lot of cartoons to last beyond 2 seasons (26 episodes) back then, too.

It is great that the legacy of AVENGERS: UNITED THEY STAND can finally be buried in a dump somewhere, and forgotten. We've finally gotten a real Avengers show, and it'll last at least as long as X-MEN EVOLUTION did.

Last edited:
http://www.pendragonspost.com/2011/04/24/dvd-review-the-avengers-earth%E2%80%99s-mightiest-heroes-vol-1-2disney/

"There’ll be changes to some of the old favorites, with new costume designs for Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Nick Fury. Captain America and Nick Fury will be sporting their Ultimate Comics looks, and Thor’s look will be based on Olivier Coipel design. And introducing new characters, with 2 new Avengers, Ms. Marvel & the Vision. Guest stars include the Fantastic Four, Doc Samson, Ronan the Accuser, Ultron, Guradians of the Galaxy (Star-Lord, Quasar -Phyal-Vell, Adam Warlock, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot), the Falcon, Skrulls, and Dr Doom. With all these characters, Season 2 sounds exciting."

Sounds like the only new members for this season is Vision and Ms. Marvel. Which I have to admit isn't entirely bad. Let the two prove themselves and have moments with the other members like Cap, Panther and Hawkeye. And it sounds like Fury's gonna go bald. And, ooh, the return of Doc Samson! Too bad I don't see Silver Surfer and Galactus. But then again, they probably, if not hopefully, just don't wanna spoil the season before it comes out.

"Season 2 will involve storylines including the Secret Invasion and Dr Doom. But the major of the season will have to deal with Avengers trying to stay a team."

It also sounds like Mr. Yost was spoiling the episode 27. It indeed involves Doc Doom. I for one am VERY excited. And I'm glad the Avengers are at least TRYING to stay on the team.

A third season would be awesome but right now I am focused on enjoying the second.

And I have to agree. We can focus on enjoying Season Two. See what Yost has up his sleeve.

Last edited:
http://www.pendragonspost.com/2011/04/24/dvd-review-the-avengers-earth%e2%80%99s-mightiest-heroes-vol-1-2disney/

"there’ll be changes to some of the old favorites, with new costume designs for iron man, captain america, thor, and nick fury. Captain america and nick fury will be sporting their ultimate comics looks, and thor’s look will be based on olivier coipel design. And introducing new characters, with 2 new avengers, ms. Marvel & the vision. Guest stars include the fantastic four, doc samson, ronan the accuser, ultron, guradians of the galaxy (star-lord, quasar -phyal-vell, adam warlock, rocket raccoon, and groot), the falcon, skrulls, and dr doom. With all these characters, season 2 sounds exciting."

sounds like the only new members for this season is vision and ms. Marvel. Which i have to admit isn't entirely bad. Let the two prove themselves and have moments with the other members like cap, panther and hawkeye. And it sounds like fury's gonna go bald. And, ooh, the return of doc samson! Too bad i don't see silver surfer and galactus. But then again, they probably, if not hopefully, just don't wanna spoil the season before it comes out.

"season 2 will involve storylines including the secret invasion and dr doom. But the major of the season will have to deal with avengers trying to stay a team."

it also sounds like mr. Yost was spoiling the episode 27. It indeed involves doc doom. I for one am very excited. And i'm glad the avengers are at least trying to stay on the team.

And i have to agree. We can focus on enjoying season two. See what yost has up his sleeve.

awesome!!!!

Wait... the Guardians of the Galaxy?!

*Squeals in joy*

We can safely settle now that Steve Rogers will indeed sport the Ultimate costume, awesomeness! :D Glad to hear Dr. Doom will be in the show too.

Dr. Doom will be AMAZING to see :up:

Looking forward to season 2. Lots of awesome seems to be coming our way.

http://www.pendragonspost.com/2011/04/24/dvd-review-the-avengers-earth%E2%80%99s-mightiest-heroes-vol-1-2disney/

"There’ll be changes to some of the old favorites, with new costume designs for Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Nick Fury. Captain America and Nick Fury will be sporting their Ultimate Comics looks, and Thor’s look will be based on Olivier Coipel design. And introducing new characters, with 2 new Avengers, Ms. Marvel & the Vision. Guest stars include the Fantastic Four, Doc Samson, Ronan the Accuser, Ultron, Guradians of the Galaxy (Star-Lord, Quasar -Phyal-Vell, Adam Warlock, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot), the Falcon, Skrulls, and Dr Doom. With all these characters, Season 2 sounds exciting."

Sounds like the only new members for this season is Vision and Ms. Marvel. Which I have to admit isn't entirely bad. Let the two prove themselves and have moments with the other members like Cap, Panther and Hawkeye. And it sounds like Fury's gonna go bald. And, ooh, the return of Doc Samson! Too bad I don't see Silver Surfer and Galactus. But then again, they probably, if not hopefully, just don't wanna spoil the season before it comes out.

"Season 2 will involve storylines including the Secret Invasion and Dr Doom. But the major of the season will have to deal with Avengers trying to stay a team."

It also sounds like Mr. Yost was spoiling the episode 27. It indeed involves Doc Doom. I for one am VERY excited. And I'm glad the Avengers are at least TRYING to stay on the team.

And I have to agree. We can focus on enjoying Season Two. See what Yost has up his sleeve.

There is nothing about this that I don't love. Vision's joining, too?! The Guardians of the Galaxy are appearing?! It's the modern-day DnA team with Groot?! This is going to be amazing.

Now all we need is Nova and Taskmaster.

Steven Blum voiced Taskmaster in MvC3. I want him to do the first ever motion picture version of Taskmaster as well.

We can safely settle now that Steve Rogers will indeed sport the Ultimate costume, awesomeness! :D Glad to hear Dr. Doom will be in the show too.

Where do you see that at?

"There’ll be changes to some of the old favorites, with new costume designs for Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Nick Fury. Captain America and Nick Fury will be sporting their Ultimate Comics looks, and Thor’s look will be based on Olivier Coipel design. And introducing new characters, with 2 new Avengers, Ms. Marvel & the Vision. Guest stars include the Fantastic Four, Doc Samson, Ronan the Accuser, Ultron, Guradians of the Galaxy (Star-Lord, Quasar -Phyal-Vell, Adam Warlock, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot), the Falcon, Skrulls, and Dr Doom. With all these characters, Season 2 sounds exciting.

Check it.

That still doesn't say whether or not the Captain America wearing the suit is in fact Captain America. :confused:

You really think they would promote a redesign heavily and just take it away after few episodes? S2 opens up with Secret Invasion and once thats done (which is 2-3 episodes) Steve is back with his new outfit that resembles the movie costume just like Mickey Mouse likes it.

I still hate that costume. It's simply not iconic.

What would you rather have the Spider-man movie costume from the Raimi films or the one from the reboot? The original movie costume was tweaked but it was basically a faithful translation of the classic, iconic outfit.

What I also hate about the Ultimate costume is that it reminds me more of Fighting American.

I don't see how it's being heavily promoted. Fact is, from what we KNOW right now, is that Cap (The real Cap) is off the table at least until the Secret Invasion arc is done. And how long that will last, who the f**k knows? Maybe when it's over he'll keep the new outfit. (I don't see why though) But to say that the Cap that will be wearing that uniform is actually Cap is inconclusive at the moment.

oh no more ultimate costumes, that soils all the good news for me

At least there's no ultimate Iron Man costume/armor.

My most hated Iron Man design ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"