World Avengers cartoon - Part 5

I'm done with Marvel cartoons. The last good one that didn't get canceled was Evolution. Everything since has been garbage or canceled early. Here they have a great cartoon and a prime opportunity to promote it due to the movie, instead they throw it to the curb. I would have even been fine if they tweaked character designs to look more like the Ultimates since I actually do like some of the modern costumes for some characters like Capt and Hawkeye.
I agree with everything in this post. I really loved Spectacular Spider-Man till they canceled it , but was willing to give Marvel a second chance. Avengers : EMH could've been their answer to DC's Timmverse , but no they had to kill it.:whatever:

That's what makes me crazy too!! I keep forgetting to post exactly this. With the AVENGERS film just doing juggernaut business the friggin animated series goes on a dopey inexplicably lame hiatus in the midst of it's mammoth run, knee deep in fact.

You'd think DISNEY-XD/Marvel would have MARATHONS of AMEH to get fans excited and keep the engine humming but NOTHING except just a coupla new eps that took them a friggin year to trot out. Also you'd think they'd have coincided the Skrull saga in a major event and air like a movie with "Prisoner of War", "Infiltrated", and "Secret Invasion" kicking it off. But we Americans have to deport ourselves to the Outback Avengers House to get our AEMH fix AGAIN, and for the second season in a row!

Another reason to hate ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN is this effin seemed to control how AEMH aired as well.

Yeah, Disney XD really does a crappy job of promoting this show or even airing it. The only times they air it are on Sundays twice. While they air blocks of other crappy shows they have every dang day of the week.

I agree with everything in this post. I really loved Spectacular Spider-Man till they canceled it , but was willing to give Marvel a second chance. Avengers : EMH could've been their answer to DC's Timmverse , but no they had to kill it.:whatever:

I think AEMH could have been Marvel's answer to THE SIMPSONS in terms of longevity and continuity! It doesn't ever need to end with the different lineups you could do as well as the limitless storylines with GAME ON for just about any character in Marvel who could be potentially be an Avenger.

Yeah, Disney XD really does a crappy job of promoting this show or even airing it. The only times they air it are on Sundays twice. While they air blocks of other crappy shows they have every dang day of the week.

The dogs%$# DISNEY XD runs in blocks in friggin embarrassing, and I don't know a single kid that digs these irritating shows. YET they run at leasy 10x more than AEMH does which directly related to a movie breaking world records every day.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, Phineas and Ferb is awesome. :o

To be different here, I am in favor of cancelling it, for this reason: I would rather cancel it then let it continue under the guidance of Loeb and Man of Action. Yes, ideally, it would continue under Chris Yost and Josh Fine, but both have moved on (Chris to the Marvel movie writing program I believe, Josh to I am not sure). But with the main driving force behind it gone, I would not want to watch this show spiral downward under the direction of Man of Action. It would be a shell of its former self, painful to watch. Rather kill it now and remember the good times then let it continue poorly (Simpsons I'm looking at you...).

Just got back from catching up on all episodes 3-14 and stoked for the fifteenth. Pretty cool stuff here that made fangirl-squeal, and the way they handled Secret Invasion was very well done. Also that Spidey episode did more justice to the character (even with Drake Bell's voice) than USM is doing so far. I'm happy with what they've done on this show and as long as they don't leave us with a cliffhanger and/or anticlimactic ending to the series my geek heart will be pacified.

I saw in another forum a couple of people have already watch the next episodes Powerless and Assautl on 42. I guess more episodes have been coming out, I still haven't found them yet online, if any else those PM me.

wow, so I found the australian released episodes on youtube and watched all of them from 'nightmare in red' to 'behold the vision' and... there are far too many thoughts rattling around in my head to write all of them down except this one, this show is so amazing, HOW can they rationally cancel it!?

surely a new show is a gamble, while an established show with a supportive fan base is a safer bet? I just don't understand the logic behind the desicion, it almost seems like it is the whim of the people currently incharge.

Thors return = totally amazing, although how did iron man get through to him? do those avenger cards now work across worlds? A minor nitpick, it was ace to watch him blasting the skrull, satilites, well pretty much everything and rockin his new look!

its great to have real cap back, and to finally see the skrull cap get his come uppance.

I'm kinda sad that the team seems to have forgotten about hulk, surely they should be trying to clear his name, rather than prioritise other stuff like taking trips to waconda to fix cap's sheild? I know it was skrull cap that made that promise, not real cap, but you would think at least hawkeye would be rooting for busting him out.

also hawkeye for a king? fantastic =)

"Powerless" was okay, but kinda passable. Nothing special about its features, although there are some nice moments here and there. The Big Three transformations were weird. Dr. Blake and World's Most Wanted Stark references were pretty neat. You really can feel the different atmosphere with Yost and co. gone (even the animation doesn't feel the same). A little bit dull in the moments (the main threat was unimpressive, almost too easy to defeat, just like the MCU version), but all in all - a decent episode.

"Assault on 42" - not a filler one by any means. Great action bits and interaction between certain characters. Seeing the big A's might and his army slowly causing all the damage was the biggest surprise for me, so the suspense and creepy part of the episode worked pretty well. The team-up aspect certainly rocked, very dynamic and visually stunning. The ending disappointed me a little bit, because I expected something bigger and more important to be addressed (like this show's team always did in the early episodes).

After the epic Ultron saga in the 1st season and the recent introduction of Vision, I had reservations and expectations (not too high though, since we all perfectly know about the change of EMH's creative crew) set for the "Ultron Unlimited" episode.

I never fancied the idea of the cyborg-Avengers (not in the comics and def. not in the Next Avengers DTV). That got me disturbed and worried through the rest of the episode. Ultron had more plans in this episode, but less actions and realizations of whatever he cooked up, so that didn't do it for me as well. But my faith in the episode was restored once the Vision started acting as he did in the comics (when he first discovered his human side) and opposed his master. If only we didn't get the descriptions of the future episodes, then the ending would've been more significant...

And with that (not paying attention to the new direction), it's almost too sad to acknowledge the fact that I won't see the continuation of this show ever again, since there are only 9 episodes left.

the nail has finally been driven into the Avengers coffin...

and now the era of the dumbed-down and kiddified Avengers begins...

how sad... how pathetic...

Pretty sure we'll all know the direction of this new show after one episode.. maybe they'll get two out of me if they are lucky. But I will not be worried about watching Marvel's animation block anymore

That said, I've caught all the episodes that have been released. And this show is awesome. Vision looked amazing in the last one(that I watched) Secret Invasion was just epic imho. Sad to see the show go.

OK so its officially been cancelled now I'm reading. I'm officially done with Marvel Animation at this point. I will watch the remaining episodes of EMH and thats it. To be honest Marvel Animation hasn't had the best track record when you think back, since the 90's most of them only last about two seasons barring X-Men TAS, Spider-Man TAS and X-Men Evolution.

I'm just quite annoyed by this, I think more so is because its not the Avengers themselves that they're moving on from but just this particular show.

can someone please pm me the 2 new episode i will very much appreciate it

with all the noise being made about Drake Bell's voice being dubbed over Josh Keaton's in the Along Came A Spider episode, I found it kind of amusing that in that episode, Clay Quartermain asked Spidey, "What's wrong with your voice?"

wonder if that was someone's dig that was slipped in after the redub...

As far as the new Avengers Assemble show, I'm not sure how good it will be or if it'll be anything as good as AEMHs but I'm sure after the success of the movie, this will be promoted.

with all the noise being made about Drake Bell's voice being dubbed over Josh Keaton's in the Along Came A Spider episode, I found it kind of amusing that in that episode, Clay Quartermain asked Spidey, "What's wrong with your voice?"

wonder if that was someone's dig that was slipped in after the redub...

Even with the dub over, I actually didn't mind his voice in Along Came A Spider... It was nice to see spider-man act and feel like, Oh, I don't know --Spider-Man-- rather than that garbage over on USM.

Even with the dub over, I actually didn't mind his voice in Along Came A Spider... It was nice to see spider-man act and feel like, Oh, I don't know --Spider-Man-- rather than that garbage over on USM.

gotta give ya THAT, MK... it WAS nice seein' Spidey not behave like the usual horse's ash that he does over at USM...

Didn't we get this with Super Hero Squad?

Powerless

This. Is. Going. To. Be. Painful.

Enchantress approaches Loki in his torture prison and offers him his freedom if he destroys Thor. To that end, she casts a spell on Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man that removes their powers. The spell will only be restored if .........

WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?! The spell only lasts until the cursed finds INNER STRENGTH? Of all the cheesey LAME OVERDONE SATURDAY MORNING SPECIALS!!!!!!!! Thank you, Man of Action. CAP SHOULD HAVE REVERTED IMMEDIATELY, considering the Strength he showed in "Along Came A Spider". COME ON!

Well, I guess only Thor is the one who needs to learn humility and inner strength. WHAT THE ****!? Thor was willing to GIVE UP HIS HAMMER to BETA RAY BILL because he felt Bill NEEDED it MORE! How MUCH MORE CHARACTER DOES HE NEED TO SHOW? IT'S FRICKIN' MJOLNIR! This is the sort of Thor story you do in season one. Which…THEY ALREADY DID. THOR'S HUBRIS is WHAT PUT LOKI IN POWER IN ASGARD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

AND ANOTHER THING!!!!! IRON MAN'S ARMOR? REALLY? YOU DO KNOW THAT HE HAS MORE SUITS, RIGHT?

If they're going to take away Tony's science skills, why didn't Hawkeye get hit and loose his depth perception?

Oh…Really? Loki? Ending on a cliched villain line? YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!!!!

Yeah... remember, Jeph Loeb called "Man of Action" the best in the animation field. Not Chris Yost. Not Josh Fine. Not Greg Weisman. Not Bruce Timm. Not... shall I keep going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"