World Avengers cartoon - Part 5

Powerless

This. Is. Going. To. Be. Painful.

Enchantress approaches Loki in his torture prison and offers him his freedom if he destroys Thor. To that end, she casts a spell on Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man that removes their powers. The spell will only be restored if .........

WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?! The spell only lasts until the cursed finds INNER STRENGTH? Of all the cheesey LAME OVERDONE SATURDAY MORNING SPECIALS!!!!!!!! Thank you, Man of Action. CAP SHOULD HAVE REVERTED IMMEDIATELY, considering the Strength he showed in "Along Came A Spider". COME ON!

Well, I guess only Thor is the one who needs to learn humility and inner strength. WHAT THE ****!? Thor was willing to GIVE UP HIS HAMMER to BETA RAY BILL because he felt Bill NEEDED it MORE! How MUCH MORE CHARACTER DOES HE NEED TO SHOW? IT'S FRICKIN' MJOLNIR! This is the sort of Thor story you do in season one. Which…THEY ALREADY DID. THOR'S HUBRIS is WHAT PUT LOKI IN POWER IN ASGARD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

AND ANOTHER THING!!!!! IRON MAN'S ARMOR? REALLY? YOU DO KNOW THAT HE HAS MORE SUITS, RIGHT?

If they're going to take away Tony's science skills, why didn't Hawkeye get hit and loose his depth perception?

Oh…Really? Loki? Ending on a cliched villain line? YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!!!!

Yeah... remember, Jeph Loeb called "Man of Action" the best in the animation field. Not Chris Yost. Not Josh Fine. Not Greg Weisman. Not Bruce Timm. Not... shall I keep going?
I think it would be fair to at least put some of your post in spoilers, since not everyone is going to see it at the same time as you. Since we're all seeing them online, there's no set schedule, so it wouldn't be bad to black out some of the critical plot details or something.

But, in response to your points:

I got the impression that the spell was focused on Thor, and so it had to be Thor who broke everyone free of it. Iron Man and Cap were beside Thor when he was hit with the spell, so they got caught in the crossfire unintentionally. Hawkeye was well behind them, so he didn't get hit.

Other than that, I generally agree with your points. It also kind of reduced Loki to a one-off pawn of a villain, which is kind of degrading, since he was the main antagonist of the entire first season.

Last edited:
I just watched the "Powerless" and "Assault On 42" episodes and I can honestly say I enjoyed both of them quite a bit. Two awesome villains were used in those episodes, one being The Destroyer who was controlled by Loki and the other being Annihilus.

It's safe to say Cap's inspiring words and leadership abilities are being shown much more, especially with him inspiring a mortal Thor and giving everyone orders in "Assault On 42". Tony Stark has also been much less of a jerk this season and I've probably seen the most likeable Stark yet in "Powerless". Thor is also a MUCH more capable warrior this season and the team usually relies on him for the "hard hitting" action and big power displays.

Did anyone else notice Thor filling Executioner in on the Enchantress situation in "Assault On 42"? I think it's foreshadowing Skurge performing his famous "Last Stand" against Surtur's forces later this season.

I really enjoyed the latest episodes. I think that they've done some fantastic things with the characters that i'd love to see translated into the MCU. Especially Cap's lines as he beats down his Skrull imposter - that was amazing. Along with Tony's line about the Wrecking Crew, great humour.

Ultron Unlimited was also fantastic!

Hulk doesn't seem to have played for a while since being forced to surrender to the Hulk Busters. He wasn't there at all at the end of the Skrull invasion and even afterwards. They seem to have just forgotten about him.

Hulk doesn't seem to have played for a while since being forced to surrender to the Hulk Busters. He wasn't there at all at the end of the Skrull invasion and even afterwards. They seem to have just forgotten about him.

Hulk's "break" isn't anywhere near as long as Thor's, he was away from the team all the way until the 12th episode.

Well he was taken away because of his 'crimes' for attacking SHIELD. He'll certainly be back in the episode 'The Deadliest Man Alive'. He might even make an appearance in 'Code Red'.

As of now i'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the Vision, that last scene in 'Ultron Unlimited' was really emotional.

I've watched Assault on 42 and Powerless. I like Powerless a little more than I thought I would. Assault on 42 was also a nice episode. Haven't found Ultron Unlimited yet online, still searching.. hint hint help - PM someone. I'm real curious to see the later episode about the Hulk called - The Deadlist Man Alive, it looks like the Hulk time bomb finally goes off. Also isn't Graviton supposed to comeback sometime this season? I thought I read or heard that somewhere. Also isn't Spidey supposed to be in another episode, and I'm still waiting for the X-MEN to appear, as it was rumored.

Some small notable parts of the season so far which I loved:

Mostly, lots of key Marvel characters appearing (like the FF, Spidey, War Machine and Ms. Marvel) even some cameos in Fury's bulletin board of epic Skrull deduction (I fangirled when I saw Scarlet Witch!)

Cap's apparent shipworthy chemistry with Viper in Prisoner of War

Tony's apparent chemistry with almost every female character

Carol's apparent chemistry with Mar-Vell (cue Katy Perry's E.T.)

CASSIE LANG! :D

The drama in To Steal an Ant-Man and Michael Korvac, not to mention a certain jaw-droppingly awesome talking raccoon.

Daisy Johnson (Quake's) appearance and the group's hilarious hazing of Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel's epic '**** you' attitude especially when [BLACKOUT]she takes out the Skrull queen. 'Write that!'[/BLACKOUT]

FALCON AND WINTER SOLDIER

Quartermain asking Spidey 'What's wrong with your voice?' I was like, 'It's not Josh Keaton, that's what's wrong!!'

Veranke calling Nick and Tony by their full names

The funny music at the end of 'Behold, the Vision' when Black Panther armlocks Clint :)

Maria Hill's true and hilarious quote: 'I've had the same car since I was nineteen years old and never had a problem, but this thing (the helicarrier) crashes every Thursday!' Lol.

Love how Fury has his own 'Angels---Mockingbird, Hill and Black Widow (plus Quake)

Wasp: 'I'm just happy we have another girl on the team.'
Tony and Clint: 'Hear hear!'

Hawkeye giving Bruce that weird look in the elevator (made even funnier by Bruce's ridiculous fishing outfit)

Anyone else think of anything they love besides everything?

I guess I'll be always saddened by the fact that we never got any action figures from Hasbro. This is the closest thing we'll ever get to EMH figures:

superhero-mugs.jpg

I really wanted to have a Tony Stark in a Tron-like suit on my shelf *sigh*

Just found these other episodes everyone's been talking about. Watching them this afternoon. Woohoo

Finally on youtube. Whew.

Finished watching Powerless and Assault on 42. In the middle of watching Ultron Unlimited.

Several notes. Under spoilers just to be safe:

Good god, Powerless...I was hoping people were wrong but I've never been so happy to be through with an Avengers episode. The only good thing about it was the Destroyer.

42 was epic. Too much action to say which was my favorite.

Ultron Unlimited, I will say this---Vision certainly recieved some payback from Cap, Hawkeye and Wasp. SERIOUSLY, even Wasp managed to knock him on his ass once.

Thor put up quite a fight and I so knew it was Cap instead of the fake.

Why am I not surprised Wasp had something to do with Vision turning?

Yup, definitely liked 42 and Ultron better than Powerless.

Last edited:
Seems like a general consensus with all the fans, concerning all the new eps, lol)

I'm watching Alone Against A.I.M right now for the 2nd time and I've noticed something interesting, which left me wondering: did Yost or Fine had any plans for Tony's RT paladium problem (like in IM2 film), cause it does look that way:

20120607194500.png

But the situation changes rapidly (the lines are disappearing and appearing from Tony's chest almost in every shot of the episode). Perhaps, because of Loeb and co. coming onboard, Yost and others couldn't expand on their ideas and the separate Iron Man arc (if they even had one, of course) and that's why it was left unresolved.

Just finished watching the newest 3..
In regards to Powerless:
I figured Marvel would be in MoA's ear about making it MCUish even though they are getting rid of EMH but really..[BLACKOUT].Loki controlling Destroyer..Thor learning 'Humility' to get his powers back.. I wasn't expecting Branagh's thor being turned into an animated episode so soon.[/BLACKOUT] it was just OK, easily the worst episode of the season, imho.

Assault on 42:
Awesome. Epic. Great. Written by Yost/Fine..go figure.

Ultron Unlimited:
Not as good as the Ultron Imperative. But it was really good. Vision looked great, I liked the way they showed his dissension from Ultron.

Last edited:
"Yellowjacket" is simply one of the best episodes in the season. It has everything that makes EMH so damn cool and outstanding. Mystery, psychological angle on some things and more. Just perfect! Especially after 3 previous so-so eps.

Oh, totally forgot to mention the only thing that bugged me was that cloudy background they used. It looked goofy and crappy, like they didn't had enough resources to do a decent animation of it, so they had to take some real picture from the net and stretch it out. Other than that, an excellent episode!

How many more episodes are left after Yellowjacket? They better finish up the Ragnarok story before this goes off the air. To end with a cliffhanger like that would piss me off.

Yellowjacket was truly a phenomenal episode! One of the best of season two and the whole show overall, and after watching Assault on 42, Ultron Unlimited and now this one, I'm glad Man of Action's influence isn't as prevalent as I dreaded it would be. Powerless, however, is another matter entirely... A stinker from start to finish. Easily the worst episode of the show's run (thus far).

How many more episodes are left after Yellowjacket? They better finish up the Ragnarok story before this goes off the air. To end with a cliffhanger like that would piss me off.
8 in total.

8 episodes left after Yellowjacket.

Yellowjacket was truly a phenomenal episode! One of the best of season two and the whole show overall, and after watching Assault on 42, Ultron Unlimited and now this one, I'm glad Man of Action's influence isn't as prevalent as I dreaded it would be. Powerless, however, is another matter entirely... A stinker from start to finish. Easily the worst episode of the show's run (thus far).

Indeed it is.

Some small notable parts of the season so far which I loved:

Mostly, lots of key Marvel characters appearing (like the FF, Spidey, War Machine and Ms. Marvel) even some cameos in Fury's bulletin board of epic Skrull deduction (I fangirled when I saw Scarlet Witch!)

Cap's apparent shipworthy chemistry with Viper in Prisoner of War

Tony's apparent chemistry with almost every female character

Carol's apparent chemistry with Mar-Vell (cue Katy Perry's E.T.)

CASSIE LANG! :D

The drama in To Steal an Ant-Man and Michael Korvac, not to mention a certain jaw-droppingly awesome talking raccoon.

Daisy Johnson (Quake's) appearance and the group's hilarious hazing of Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel's epic '**** you' attitude especially when [BLACKOUT]she takes out the Skrull queen. 'Write that!'[/BLACKOUT]

FALCON AND WINTER SOLDIER

Quartermain asking Spidey 'What's wrong with your voice?' I was like, 'It's not Josh Keaton, that's what's wrong!!'

Veranke calling Nick and Tony by their full names

The funny music at the end of 'Behold, the Vision' when Black Panther armlocks Clint :)

Maria Hill's true and hilarious quote: 'I've had the same car since I was nineteen years old and never had a problem, but this thing (the helicarrier) crashes every Thursday!' Lol.

Love how Fury has his own 'Angels---Mockingbird, Hill and Black Widow (plus Quake)

Wasp: 'I'm just happy we have another girl on the team.'
Tony and Clint: 'Hear hear!'

Hawkeye giving Bruce that weird look in the elevator (made even funnier by Bruce's ridiculous fishing outfit)

Anyone else think of anything they love besides everything?

I guess I'll be always saddened by the fact that we never got any action figures from Hasbro. This is the closest thing we'll ever get to EMH figures:

superhero-mugs.jpg

I really wanted to have a Tony Stark in a Tron-like suit on my shelf *sigh*

What? No Thor love?

GODDAMMIT!!! *throws chair out of the window* :cmad:

Yeah, the YellowJacket episode was good. Man, these episodes just keep rolling out. The way its been going this week, I'm expecting probably a couple of more to come out today, I' havent seen any past the YellowJacket episode yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"