World Avengers cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
cartoon network is ownd by time warner owners of DC COMIC Sthey tried with ffwhg but it didn't work
the original ff series didnt have any problems since it was masde in the 1960s by hanna-barberra before cn was created

I would say NickToons is the current front-runner. They are airing WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN, IRON MAN ADVENTURES and will soon be airing the 2006 series FANTASTIC FOUR: WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES, likely airing episodes that were never broadcast in the U.S. (but were in the DVD box set of the series).

DISNEY XD has SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN and airs repeats of the 80's and 90's Marvel shows that Disney owns by proxy. They may order a third season of SS-M alongside Sony but NickToons seems to be more in the Marvel cartoon camp.

CARTOON NETWORK is slowly shifting away from cartoons. And despite being broadcast TV it seems CW 4KIDS is not much of a contender right now, likely because it only airs kids cartoons once a week, which is quickly becoming not worth it for animation. Of course, networks USED to air cartoons on weekday afternoons and even mornings on broadcast TV (and some stations even SUNDAY morning), but stopped for the era of cash-in's like endless court shows, infomercials, and reality TV/talk shows.

i would say nicktoons is the current front-runner. They are airing wolverine and the x-men, iron man adventures and will soon be airing the 2006 series fantastic four: World's greatest heroes, likely airing episodes that were never broadcast in the u.s. (but were in the dvd box set of the series).

Disney xd has spectacular spider-man and airs repeats of the 80's and 90's marvel shows that disney owns by proxy. They may order a third season of ss-m alongside sony but nicktoons seems to be more in the marvel cartoon camp.

Cartoon network is slowly shifting away from cartoons. And despite being broadcast tv it seems cw 4kids is not much of a contender right now, likely because it only airs kids cartoons once a week, which is quickly becoming not worth it for animation. Of course, networks used to air cartoons on weekday afternoons and even mornings on broadcast tv (and some stations even sunday morning), but stopped for the era of cash-in's like endless court shows, infomercials, and reality tv/talk shows.

yeah

NickToons getting it is a good bet as Dread has pointed out.

My problem with Nicktoons is that I think their broadcast schedule for Wolverine and the X-men is faulty. I think they've only shown up to episode 13 now. I mean its a hit show, they've got 26 episodes in the can, why do they feel they have to hold it up so much? Do they just want to spread it out?

Disney doesn't deserve any Marvel shows considering how terrible their DVD releases are. Their X-men 90's DVD's are the worst, absolutely horrible.

I would like to see MODOK as one of the main villains. They could easily animate him. In a creepy way.

My problem with Nicktoons is that I think their broadcast schedule for Wolverine and the X-men is faulty. I think they've only shown up to episode 13 now. I mean its a hit show, they've got 26 episodes in the can, why do they feel they have to hold it up so much? Do they just want to spread it out?

Disney doesn't deserve any Marvel shows considering how terrible their DVD releases are. Their X-men 90's DVD's are the worst, absolutely horrible.

To be honest, that has been a problem for non-network stations with animation for years now. Cartoon Network would sit on episodes of JUSTICE LEAGUE and JLU for so long that even the most honest viewer was tempted to just DL them from Europe or Canada after some 6-8 months delay. From there it seems every cable network, NICKTOONS and DISNEY XD shares that tactic of taking so bloody long to air their episodes on a reasonable basis and rate than anyone with half a brain, and let me remind you that children LIVE on the internet and know DAMN WELL how to download stuff, will just view it elsewhere and then wonder why their ratings are average.

It has been a running joke that network TV programmers and schedulers are probably monkeys throwing darts anyway for years.

:whatever:
Aside from the lack of special features and the length of time it took them to get off their collective asses and start making them, theres not much wrong with the dvds. Volume 3 and 4 kinda piss me off, though. Disney needs to put those in production order before I decide to defend them on those.

The video transfers on the DVD's are horrible. There's ghosting and interlacing issues showing that they put absolutely no effort into them at all.

No remastering.

:whatever:
Aside from the lack of special features and the length of time it took them to get off their collective asses and start making them, theres not much wrong with the dvds. Volume 3 and 4 kinda piss me off, though. Disney needs to put those in production order before I decide to defend them on those.

putting all the episode of a miniseries ,for example the pheonix saga for on the same disc is one thing i myself could accept episode out of order for that reason but not for others

The video transfers on the DVD's are horrible. There's ghosting and interlacing issues showing that they put absolutely no effort into them at all.

No remastering.

That's been why I have been hesitant to buy the official releases of the 90's X-MEN series. On the one hand, I would like to support them as it took way too long to release them. On the other hand, I do already own them via bootleg, and if there is no remastering of any kind, then all I am paying for it basically clean end credits, box cover art which is pretty but not always accurate to the episodes inside (Nightcrawler is slapped on covers to box sets he isn't in), and maybe fewer discs (my bootlegs covered the series, and the PRYDE OF THE X-MEN pilot as a bonus, in about 8 discs). If I am going to double dip I may want to get a little more than that. It is a shame that Buena Vista isn't treating the show as they should; they've done the bare minimum, but if that is the best we can expect from business, then our economy really is finished.

Dread, by buying these you are supporting Disney giving us a **** product. We deserve better.

There are no extras. No clean credits.

Also, Lionsgate gives much greater respect to Marvel animation on DVD.

Also, I doubt Sony is going to go to mediocre lengths when they release the anime projects.

No extras I knew about. It's bad enough after 11 years there are no extras, but whatever. But not even clean credits? That's lazy. Not having clean credits I can understand for a bootleg, they're leeching off Jetix or something.

I haven't heard the video quality was very good. If it's no better than bootleg I won't double dip. It is a real shame. Why do companies always screw this stuff up? It's like those TICK DVD sets that cut out entire episodes. If you not going to do it right, you're not going to dethrone the bootleggers. They simply fill a gap in the market.

Anyway, reposting some of TheVileOne's interview with Chris Yost that he posted on Toonzone that pertains to this show:

http://blog.toonzone.net/blogs/44/s...-steve-blum-and-chris-yost-interview-session/

TZ: Chris, I know you can't get into it much, but are you working on the new Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes series?

CY: Yes.

TZ: Are you confident you can undo all the damage and bad memories done from the 1990's Avengers: United They Stand series?

CY: From minute 1, I will say yes. I love the show with all my heart, and I am fully confident that the tainting of the 90's series will be fully erased.

Sounds good. Then again, watching paint dry is better than AVENGERS: UNITED THEY STAND. But Yost usually knows his lore, so even with such a low bar to exceed, I'm not expecting it to be bad. In some ways there is less pressure than for an X-Men show.

Yost was being too kind about "minute one". There was a brief teaser animation for AVENGERS:EMH that was on YouTube for about two weeks. It was under a minute long. IT was better than A:UTS from '99. :p

by clean credits i take it you mean credits without inhouse netork ads?

The end credits to bootlegs usually show the teaser for whatever the next show on Family or Jetix was going to be on the day of recording. Ideally an official release would not have those.

An official release should also not have edits for syndication, often a few seconds cropped from some episodes for time.

From what I am hearing about the official 90's X-MEN releases, they are the bare bones; just the episodes crammed into as few discs as possible. If even the video quality is not better than a bootleg, then I see little point in buying it if one has already cracked within the last decade and bought a bootleg. EVERY con has them. Hell, some comic shops in Manhattan have entire shelves of them.

I'm definitely excited. What sucks though? We are waiting about 2-3 years for it! I mean I was talking to the voice actors at Con. Feels like we have a long wait ahead of us like Wolverine and The X-men. I mean, I'm a patient guy, but you know its daunting because we are talking about it now and we won't be seeing the actual show for quite some time.

I was also sort of surprised at Con they announced 2011 for Thor: Tales of Asgard. I mean I get it because of the live action Thor movie, but wow, quite a wait since we were talking about Tales of Asgard a year ago. I mean, from the trailer alone, it looks like the movie is almost finished.

It looks like they hastily decided to release a DTV of PLANET HULK before the THOR: TALES OF ASGARD disc, perhaps when the writer's strike caused the THOR movie to be delayed a bit.

Animation takes a while, especially if it is going to be decent, to come back from overseas. It's one of the sad truths of the industry. They also likely want "synergy" with the Avengers film with the cartoon, which is usually why superhero cartoons come out. Even the original BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES only came out from WB's standpoint to capitalize on BATMAN RETURNS in the early 90's.

Yeah but Planet Hulk comes out in like 6-7 months, and Tales of Asgard won't be out for about another year and a half at least. And haven't we heard about Planet Hulk for a while? I think Frank Paur and everyone started work on Planet Hulk when they finished Hulk vs. or started working on both around the same time.

Its just, urgh, I WANT IT NOW :D . Like I wish I didn't know as much as I do about them now so I'd be "waiting" a shorter time :D .

I understand. Especially as it seems DC/WB wants to exploit Marvel/Lion's Gate's delay with DTV's this year after HULK VS. with two of their own this summer/fall.

According to Marvel's third quarter profit report linked to on the main page, there are 52 episodes in development, which likely means they have big things planned for the show as they are developing more than just one season.

Man I really hope that pans out.

I just don't want to wait until like 2012.

Avengers should be like Marvel's JL or prestige animated series. Avengers: EMH will > Clone Wars.

I imagine 2012 is a good year because Marvel wants the live action AVENGERS film out then, and they'll want "synergy" with the small screen. Much as WB managed to have a Batman cartoon on TV for their last two Batman films. Heck, the Bruce Timm BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES only came about after the success of "BATMAN RETURNS". It is annoying to wait that long, but that's the reality.

If the extra time gives the writing/production crew more time to make it excellent, then that should be good. At least with a 52 episode initial order, Marvel will give Yost & Co. enough time to do some large storylines without fear of being canceled in the middle. I mean, even for a show like WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN, 52 episodes is two seasons.

It will be interesting seeing a series that is more Chris Yost's baby than Craig Kyle's. At least from initial reports, and because Marvel wants to shift Kyle into the movie business soon. I've read a few comics that Yost wrote solo and he's certainly got the chops.

Sweet! I missed it when it first got leaked, so this good to see. It has Kang!

It sounds like Worden, but with the mechanical sound effects, it could have been anyone doing that voice. It wouldn't surprise me if this trailer is test animation, since the show itself isn't due until 2011-2012.

I have some extra news bits from the Toonzone board that may as well be reposted here:

- According to Newsarama's Blog, Brian Reed (SECRET WARRIORS, MS. MARVEL, THE ILLUMINATI, CAPTAIN MARVEL) will be writing an episode of this show. He also wrote the story for the video game SPIDER-MAN: WEB OF SHADOWS.

- Via Chris Yost's blog, Yost states that the pilot episode has "the birth of the team", and that means the Avengers are not "pre-existing".

To be honest, I don't envy the task of trying to introduce 7 characters within one pilot episode. I'm sure it will be 2-3 parts like nearly every team cartoon pilot episode since X-MEN, but still. Of course, I imagine that the producers likely feel the audience is at least "vaguely" familiar with who Iron Man and Hulk are.

Hopefully we will see more production images and information in 2010. 52 episodes have been ordered initially, so Marvel has some faith that this will do well. Granted, it may mean that their deal with Disney means they know 100% that DISNEY XD will air the series and order a certain amount of episodes. In prior years, or at least since X-MEN EVOLUTION ended in 2003, Marvel has usually scrambled to find channels/networks to air their shows. SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN's channel destination was unknown for ages. And one gets the feeling Marvel never saw much faith in CARTOON NETWORK even before FANTASTIC FOUR: WGH was treated rather poorly. They also likely never liked dealing with Kid's WB. The Disney deal, at the very least, sets up a clear network for Marvel animation that Marvel hasn't had since they were FoxKids' best friend in the 90's.

Unlike with SPIDER-MAN and X-MEN cartoons, though, the wind is really at Yost's back here. There has never been an AVENGERS TV show anywhere that was any good. There is literally no shadow to escape from or some prior show to live up to; this show will be the trail-blazer. Yes, there were other team shows (nearly any team show will be compared to JLU, especially if the action isn't perfect within the first 22 minutes), but the Avengers have only had the CAPTAIN AMERICA 1966 segments, and the 1999 abomination.

There is a part of me that wishes that at the very least we had another heroine there, instead of having Wasp as the token girl. It is how the Avengers started out, but most team shows these days usually have at least 2-3 girls out of a cast of about 7-8 characters. Bruce Timm & Co. were willing to buck history to stick Hawkgirl in JUSTICE LEAGUE to have that effect. I still get this awful feeling that the Hulk is there for two reasons; recognition and to reuse design/production material from his own aborted cartoon. Of course, to be technical, the Hulk was in the first 2 issues of AVENGERS (not including Joe Casey's "year one" style mini) and popped up a few times before they thawed out Capt. America. It is shrewd strategy to want to have as many recognizable characters as they can to start off. Still, the Hulk usually doesn't do well on teams, and a season finale in which he turns on the Avengers would be the most predictable plot thread in history, and one I'd rather not see again.

The trailer at least shows that sense of Avengers history with Kang and Pym & Jan working on a prototype that is clearly Ultron. The challenge will be to be faithful to some of those old stories without making the show seem cheesy or retro. Yost & Co. will have to know where to update or modernize to be effective.

Chris Yost usually knows his stuff, so I'm fairly certain it'll be pretty good. Although, again, the lack of ANY positive Avengers TV experience that wasn't partially based on Ultimates works in the show's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"