World Avengers cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with this format because I want to see how the Avengers come together.

Since we've never gotten a PROPER Avengers animated series, this means they can start from scratch and begin anew.

Even Justice League the pilot was about the team coming together.

Indeed. However, one advantage that JUSTICE LEAGUE had was that it was tied to prior cartoon continuity. Therefore, they did not have to introduce Batman, or Superman, or even technically Flash, as he had appeared once on Superman's show (as well as the concept of the Green Lantern). The only character(s) the pilot of that show spent time introducing were J'onn and Wonder Woman (who was then "new" to "man's world"). Even Hawkgirl was treated as a reasonably pre-existing hero.

AVENGERS: EMH isn't coming after any set continuity. I am sure they expect the audience to be familiar with Iron Man and Hulk especially, and to a lessor degree, Thor and Captain America. But that is not the same as JUSTICE LEAGUE's situation. Craig Kyle did not feel the need to have much back-story to set up WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN, just diving head-first into the premise almost immediately. And while that season has been a worldwide success, the quality of the story would have been better if the set-up time was better.

A:EMH is more Chris Yost's show, though, and I do get the sense he is a bit more methodical in some ways; I see Kyle as more of the "slam-bang-get to the good stuff" guy. I could be totally wrong, of course. :p

It does set up the show to have the characters be whoever they want them to be on their own terms, which is good. Despite being a challenge to write, in some ways this show has the wind at it's back. No one is predicting doom or expecting it to be worse than what came before, because what came before was rubbish. It means Yost doesn't have to be 100% perfect from the pilot and can build up to excellence naturally without the audience predicting doom. Unless they're me, of course.

Indeed. However, one advantage that JUSTICE LEAGUE had was that it was tied to prior cartoon continuity. Therefore, they did not have to introduce Batman, or Superman, or even technically Flash, as he had appeared once on Superman's show (as well as the concept of the Green Lantern). The only character(s) the pilot of that show spent time introducing were J'onn and Wonder Woman (who was then "new" to "man's world"). Even Hawkgirl was treated as a reasonably pre-existing hero.

Yeah, but I mean we already know the stories of all these guys. And this show is going to be pretty faithful to the comics.

AVENGERS: EMH isn't coming after any set continuity. I am sure they expect the audience to be familiar with Iron Man and Hulk especially, and to a lessor degree, Thor and Captain America. But that is not the same as JUSTICE LEAGUE's situation. Craig Kyle did not feel the need to have much back-story to set up WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN, just diving head-first into the premise almost immediately. And while that season has been a worldwide success, the quality of the story would have been better if the set-up time was better.

Right, but Wolverine and The X-men wasn't about the team coming together.

It does set up the show to have the characters be whoever they want them to be on their own terms, which is good. Despite being a challenge to write, in some ways this show has the wind at it's back. No one is predicting doom or expecting it to be worse than what came before, because what came before was rubbish. It means Yost doesn't have to be 100% perfect from the pilot and can build up to excellence naturally without the audience predicting doom. Unless they're me, of course.

Well for one thing, going by the promo, you definitively have IRON MAN as the leader. He was the founder of the Avengers and one of the originals, but throughout the years, Cap was recognized as the Avengers leader, much like Superman as the leader and chairman of JLA. Now it's not an Avengers show, but in SUPERHERO SQUAD you have a cartoony/goofier version of Iron Man as the team leader of a group of superheroes.

So to me, they are definitely going off of Iron Man's recent popularity from the movie, much like Wolverine did from the X-men movies and Wolverine became the leader of the X-men for that cartoon series.

Last edited:
Thanks!!!! :up:

So this means Hank will switch from both identities back to back throughout the whole season?
Not sure exactly on Hank. The promo/video has him as Giantman and the poster has him as Antman.

I don't think it's a big matter of changing identities so much as having a different costume depending on the occassion unlike say when he went to being Yellowjacket.

Also, quarter reports list the series as having 52 episodes.

Not sure exactly on Hank. The promo/video has him as Giantman and the poster has him as Antman.

I don't think it's a big matter of changing identities so much as having a different costume depending on the occassion unlike say when he went to being Yellowjacket.

Oh okay,thanks for the information. :yay:

Yeah, but I mean we already know the stories of all these guys. And this show is going to be pretty faithful to the comics.

True, but this show still has to define the characters on their own terms. They still have to have some sort of origin. I mean heck, how many times have we seen Superman and Batman's origins in a DC cartoon, and they're the most well known comic heroes in history. That doesn't mean it has to be long; Hulk's bomb origin could be done at least as a few second flashback for now. Same for Iron Man. The task will be to use air time wisely.

TheVileOne said:
Right, but Wolverine and The X-men wasn't about the team coming together.

Well, technically it was; them coming together again after a year. I would also argue that if we actually saw the X-Men come together, or at least function "normally" for longer than 5 minutes before the explosion and the year gap in time, the story would have flowed better; we would have had a better idea of where the characters came from and what had been lost. But I digress. That isn't AVENGERS' problem. Merely a cautionary tale of the dangers of wanting to bypass "stuff everyone knows" and how it can bite you later on in a season, not having that foundation laid in.

TheVileOne said:
Well for one thing, going by the promo, you definitively have IRON MAN as the leader. He was the founder of the Avengers and one of the originals, but throughout the years, Cap was recognized as the Avengers leader, much like Superman as the leader and chairman of JLA. Now it's not an Avengers show, but in SUPERHERO SQUAD you have a cartoony/goofier version of Iron Man as the team leader of a group of superheroes.

So to me, they are definitely going off of Iron Man's recent popularity from the movie, much like Wolverine did from the X-men movies and Wolverine became the leader of the X-men for that cartoon series.

Only there is a key difference. Not only did Iron Man lead the Avengers at the start in the comics, but has led the Avengers (as well as Force Works, who were essentially the West Coast branch under a new name) for long stretches of time in the comics. It is in character and doesn't step on anyone's toes. Wolverine really never led the X-Men before, and it meant him as well as other characters acting against type. Whether that worked or not is subjective.

Therefore, in the case of A:EMH, Iron Man acting as leader not only takes advantage of his movie fame, but is also accurate to the canon history of the Avengers. It's actually another bit of wind at the series' back. Anyone who screams about it being out of character for Iron Man to lead the team even with Cap there hasn't researched.

Of course, if Stark and Cap don't have differing opinions and whatnot and occasionally disagree, then it will seem simple. But that is a question for over time.

Thanks!!!! :up:

So this means Hank will switch from both identities back to back throughout the whole season?

Yeah, in the comics Hank Pym switches from growing to shrinking quite often, especially after joining the Avengers; Ant-Man felt insecure as the "shrinking hero" on the team so he quickly became Giant-Man not long after the founding. So it makes perfect sense for him to do so. Besides, size alteration is his gimmick, so why not play it to the hilt for action scenes across a season?

I must say, a roster with Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk is going to have to fight some whoppers of villains for it to be really challenging. I also wonder if the show will take another JL approach; not try to feature all 7 heroes in EVERY episode. Having 2-4 per episode allows them all to be fleshed gradually over time. But if Yost and Co. can make more characters per episode work, so be it!

Overall, I am excited over this.

Only there is a key difference. Not only did Iron Man lead the Avengers at the start in the comics, but has led the Avengers (as well as Force Works, who were essentially the West Coast branch under a new name) for long stretches of time in the comics. It is in character and doesn't step on anyone's toes. Wolverine really never led the X-Men before, and it meant him as well as other characters acting against type. Whether that worked or not is subjective.

Wolveirne has led the X-men AND he also led X-Force which was X-men's black ops branch of the X-men, so meh :p .

Therefore, in the case of A:EMH, Iron Man acting as leader not only takes advantage of his movie fame, but is also accurate to the canon history of the Avengers. It's actually another bit of wind at the series' back. Anyone who screams about it being out of character for Iron Man to lead the team even with Cap there hasn't researched.

If you are going to talk about Force Works, I will talk about X-Force.

I must say, a roster with Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk is going to have to fight some whoppers of villains for it to be really challenging. I also wonder if the show will take another JL approach; not try to feature all 7 heroes in EVERY episode. Having 2-4 per episode allows them all to be fleshed gradually over time. But if Yost and Co. can make more characters per episode work, so be it!

Well if are indeed getting a 52 episode season (remember the days of old when some action cartoons would have like a new episode like every day?) It might have to be like that consistently. I'm sure there will be some certain team-up episodes, but at the end of the day this is still the Avengers and I believe it will be Avengers facing their classic rogues.

When in continuity has Wolverine led the proper X-Men?

Just heard about this for the first time last night and checked out the trailer. It looks pretty good although Iron Man does look like one of the autobots in transformers animated.

And Iron Man being the leader threw me off a little as I'm sure Cap was the leader but I guess IM is pretty popular right now so naturally he'd be pushed to the front as Wolverine has been.

Wolveirne has led the X-men AND he also led X-Force which was X-men's black ops branch of the X-men, so meh :p .

If you are going to talk about Force Works, I will talk about X-Force.

Well if are indeed getting a 52 episode season (remember the days of old when some action cartoons would have like a new episode like every day?) It might have to be like that consistently. I'm sure there will be some certain team-up episodes, but at the end of the day this is still the Avengers and I believe it will be Avengers facing their classic rogues.

Wolverine led X-Force when the same writers of WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN launched the book as they were more or less writing WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN. I don't believe that really counts in the same way as, say, Storm's leadership experience.

Yeah, I remember when BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES aired every afternoon on Fox Kids and had a 52 episode first season. Kang was in the teaser and hopefully this Avengers show respects the past while modernizing it for the second decade of the 21st century.

When in continuity has Wolverine led the proper X-Men?

I think once in the 1980's Storm all but coerced Wolverine to lead the team for a period.

Wolverine also challenged Rogue for leadership in some "test" back in the late 90's during Claremont's first return to the series. He lost to her. At the time I thought that was baloney, but in the late 90's I was still quite a hardcore Wolverine fanboy.

Just heard about this for the first time last night and checked out the trailer. It looks pretty good although Iron Man does look like one of the autobots in transformers animated.

And Iron Man being the leader threw me off a little as I'm sure Cap was the leader but I guess IM is pretty popular right now so naturally he'd be pushed to the front as Wolverine has been.

Iron Man founded the Avengers before they found Cap in the ice, technically. The Avengers for a while had a "rotating chairman" position in terms of leadership, and Iron Man led the Avengers for stretches of time with Cap there. So did, technically, Wasp.

This will not be a 52 episode season. Marvel says the plan is 2 seasons with 26 episodes each.

Avengers Animation Gives Clues To Movie Lineup?

14uc8zr.jpg

Froma publishing fair in Hong Kong comes this look at the Avengers teams for animation seems a good way to get the kids used to differing continuities from the get go!
Could this reflect the upcoming movie cast? Obviously no Wolverine, and maybe Black Panther is his substitute in the slightly-older version of the team, but we’ve got Wasp and Ant Man on both teams, as well as The Hulk.
And yes, “Hero Up!” sounds almost as convincing as “Geronimo…” doesn’t it?

I think I have fallen in love with the design for Wasp. Something about it is just so...AWESOME. It's got like a retro sci-fi chic pixie-ish thing going on.

Interesting. The last teaser image of "AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES" had Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Wasp, and Ant-Man. This one at least remains consistent with all of them, and adds Black Panther. He's had a long history with the Avengers, and with BET having difficulty launching his own 'toon, it makes sense to merge him in with the Avengers. Plus, I imagine that, as Bruce Timm once said when launching "JUSTICE LEAGUE", they might not have wanted their team to only have "a bunch of white people".

The designs look slightly tweaked from the last promotional image. And it seems that Black Panther's cape might be longer here than in the comics, where it usually went to the small of his back (although it could also just be Hulk's purple pants). At any rate, it'll be cool seeing Black Panther show up in something since "ULTIMATE AVENGERS 2". Much like Captain America, T'Challa represents the hero of a whole nation (bringing in international flavor), and like Iron Man, he has a wealth of technological and financial resources. Everyone's probably counting down the episodes until Hawkeye shows up, but Black Panther's cool by me, too. This brings the "official" roster of the show to 7, which is fine for a superhero team show. Besides Jarvis, naturally.

The last Avengers cartoon, it should be noted, had the Falcon in it. And while I've grown to like Falcon more in Ed Brubaker's CAPTAIN AMERICA series, overall Black Panther > Falcon, especially for an Avengers series. After all, T'Challa's arch nemesis Klaw was a common sight in some Masters of Evil rosters.

I'm excited for this show, not only for the Avengers but to see what Chris Yost can do running a TV show as the main story editor without Craig Kyle around. I'm curious who'll be voicing some of these Avengers; even if the show is almost two years away, they should be at least doing auditions now. If word is being leaked online of a "YOUNG JUSTICE" cartoon, it may be a matter of time before we learn more about this show.

Wasp does have a very "modern retro" costume, although I am curious if the limits of a TV animation budget would allow her to change her costume as often as she does in the comics. ;)

The Hulk is still a bit of a wild card on the cartoon roster for me. He's obviously there for recognition and popularity; next to Iron Man and Thor, he probably is the most well known one to an average kid. The writers really don't have a wealth of material to go by for Hulk on the Avengers, since in the 616 version his interactions with them were limited, and in Ultimates they were mostly antagonistic. How do you make the "default" rampaging monster Hulk workable on a team show? Will the Hulk himself actually be part of the team, or will Bruce Banner be, who merely tries to "aim" Hulk at the right time at the right threats? And if the Hulk is part of the team, how will his whole character dynamic be handled? It would be boring if the Hulk was just kind of there. It will be interesting how that is handled. Atop of the other character development, of course.

52 episodes have been ordered up front, so Marvel has a lot of confidence in this.

Last edited:
AVENGERS Animated Assembling w/ Phil Lamarr

Newsarama: So I have to ask you about The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes...

Phil Lamarr: On the off chance that it actually exists. [laughs]

Nrama: Yeah! [laughs] It's nowhere! The cast isn't listed anywhere and the only reason I know anyone who is in the cast is because I interviewed Dawn Olivieri from Heroes who is playing Pepper Potts and Rick Wasserman from Planet Hulk who told me he's playing Thor and Absorbing Man.

Lamarr: Yes. And Fred Tatasciore is playing the Hulk...

Nrama: Right.

Lamarr: ...who is the Hulk. Because he's the only one who can do that voice and survive. [laughs]

Nrama: Rick said it was really hard to do the Hulk voice...but he was emoting Hulk.

Lamarr: Yeah, he was 'talking in full sentences Hulk'.

Nrama: And you're playing Jarvis.

Lamarr: I'm playing Jarvis. The Favreau Iron Man Jarvis, not the classic comic book Jarvis. This is the J.A.R.V.I.S....I don't know what it stands for, but he's the artificial intelligence, disembodied voice. [laughs]

Nrama: Are you doing any other characters? You usually do a ton for each project.

Lamarr: I'm also doing Wonder Man, with the Masters of Evil.

Nrama: What other characters are we going to see?

Lamarr: We're going to see all of them.

Nrama: All of them?

Lamarr: They're basically telling the Avengers story [starting] from Avengers #1. And it's not set in that time, put it follows the same plot points as the original.

Nrama: So it starts off with the Loki plot?

Lamarr: Yeah, there's Loki, there's Hulk, there's Cap and Masters of Evil...it's following those fundamental original story lines.

Nrama: Does it ever diverge? I know you guys are doing Season 2 now...

Lamarr: It's not slavishly following, but they're taking the broad strokes. They're taking what is best from the story lines. But the characterizations are shifted a lot. Honestly, some of the characters in the original comic books...the characterizations weren't very strong, where they've shifted over the years. Like Ant-Man.

Nrama: Oh yeah! Ant-Man has been all over the place. [laughs]

Lamarr: Yeah, he's changing costumes, 'I'm a drunk! I'm a wife beater! Arrgh!' [laughs] There's some of that, but I think...even Tony Stark. 'I'm an industrialist. Now I drink.'

Nrama: Is there any 'Demon in a Bottle' in there?

Lamarr: No. It's interesting. I think they're taking a lot of Iron Man elements from the prominent image of Iron Man that is out there now, which is the movie. But they have a little more liberty with some of the characters that haven't been put out there yet. Wally Wingert is doing Ant-Man and Chris Cox is doing Hawkeye. They introduce Black Panther, which again is not completely following the original story.

Nrama: We're all curious about the cast, because very little information is actually out there.

Lamarr: Colleen O'Shaughnessey is The Wasp. Who else...?

Nrama: Are you allowed to tell me?

Lamarr: Well, no one ever said, 'Don't say anything.'

Nrama: Who's playing Loki?

Lamarr: I don't know. I wasn't in those episodes. There is a whole set of Norse god characters...I just saw a reference in the script...in the script I just read, I saw, 'Thor walking with Odin,' but Odin doesn't speak, so he wasn't there. [laughs] It's like, [in a gravelly voice] 'Hmmm'. So I don't know who's playing Odin. I'm trying to think if I ever saw Loki. I know Nolan North is playing Baldur.

Nrama: Why did they do it so early? It's funny that you guys are recording the second season and the first hasn't aired yet.

Lamarr: Well, I think Marvel just had a burst of energy or capital. [laughs] I don't know. It was weird. At the time, auditioning for it...I believe we auditioned for that at the same time they auditioned for the kiddy Avengers series [Super Hero Squad]. And obviously they weren't going to start both at the same time. But they were in production at the same time. I think they were just maximizing their production capabilities. Like, well, we can record it and animate it whenever we want, and then air it whenever we want.

Nrama: Do you know when it's going to air? What station it will be on?

Lamarr: I don't know. I mean, in a lot of ways, Marvel is smart to take control of it, instead of having to get notes from some network, and have them nickle and dime them. 'We're going to make a great show, that we own, then we'll sell it to you if you like it.' Who knows? By the time the finish it, there will probably be a couple of networks that are options to air it that didn't exist when they started. [laughs] Like Disney XD wasn't around.

Nrama: Any surprise characters we might be seeing?

Lamarr: It depends on the depth of your comic book knowledge, whether it's a surprise or not. Nobody surprised me! [laughs]

Nrama: That's because you're a comic book guy! [laughs]

Lamarr: Although if the Purple Man showed up...that would be a surprise.

Nrama: [laughs] Awesome.

Lamarr: But that hasn't happened yet.

Nrama: What is the tone of the series? How dark is it? A lot of comic book movies are pretty dark, as are many of the comics themselves. But it depends which version you read...who is this particular series aimed at?

Lamarr: I would say that the tone on Avengers is mature but not dark. It's not a kiddy show. I mean, there is peril. There is a lot of action, but I don't think there is any effort or desire to make it gritty. These are heroes. I would say the thing that is most unique about it is, it's more character-driven than most superhero action series. The relationships between the characters [are the focus]. You're seeing more of that than you have, I think, in other series. I think that makes it skew a little older...but there is as much action as anybody of any age could want.

Nrama: What are you reading now?

[Lamarr reaches into his bag and pulls out a giant stack of new comic books and trades.]

Lamarr: I've been reading Executive Assistant which looks like porn, but isn't. [laughs]

Nrama: Oh my god, that is a giant bag of comics!

Lamarr: I'm so far behind. The books that I'm reading now that I'm loving...Iron Man with the Stark Disassembled storyline, everything Fables. Jack, Cinderella, all of it. The Boys, even though I'm embarrassed. I have to look around and see who's around before I start reading it. But that's true of any Garth Ennis. All Buffy. I've been a Buffy fan since episode one. I would get mocked. I would come into Mad TV rehearsals the day after Buffy aired and I would tell people, 'Oh you have to watch!' And no one would care. They were like, 'What? Buffy? The Vampire Slayer?' They would just look at me like I was insane. But it was so good. Let's see...of course, Kevin Smith's Batman: The Widening Gyre...you have to buy anything with a Bill Sienkiewicz cover. You have to. Oh! Ed Brubaker stuff. Criminal. And everything by Robert Kirkman...well, that's not true...I'm not reading everything by Robert Kirkman, but I read Walking Dead religiously. And Invincible. Oh! And of course, Mark Waid's Irredeemable. It's really good. Waid is just so amazing. What he's doing. Because he knows the archetypes of comic books so well. They're just in him. He can turn them on their ear and come at them from a new angle.

Wow . . . Phil Lamarr just blew the lid off the show. I wonder if he got a dressing down.

Also, Phil should take note that Travis Willingham (ROY MUSTANG!) does Hulk on Super Hero Squad. Yes, it's a comedic Hulk, but its still a good Hulk.

Unbelievable because whenever I would try to get into Avengers talk, things would get mum pretty quickly. And Phil just lets a lot of spoilers get out there, dang :) .

OK, so now we know that Hawkeye and Wonder Man will definitely be in there, so Dread can start breathing a little easier.

Wow...just...WOW. Nothing for a year, and then BOOM, Phil LaMarr all but hands everything to Newsarama. Maybe his days playing Gambit on WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN helped his ability to score some goods, mon ami'?

Wow . . . Phil Lamarr just blew the lid off the show. I wonder if he got a dressing down.

Also, Phil should take note that Travis Willingham (ROY MUSTANG!) does Hulk on Super Hero Squad. Yes, it's a comedic Hulk, but its still a good Hulk.

Unbelievable because whenever I would try to get into Avengers talk, things would get mum pretty quickly. And Phil just lets a lot of spoilers get out there, dang :) .

OK, so now we know that Hawkeye and Wonder Man will definitely be in there, so Dread can start breathing a little easier.

Phil said that "no one told him NOT to say anything", so this could be an "accidental/on purpose" leak, like that last image of the team, or not.

To be honest I was more concerned about Hawkeye than Wonder Man. Clint is more of a "long time B-List Avenger" to me than Simon Williams was. Heck, he often spent years of time dead. Granted, you can't have Vision without him, unless they're fudging stuff.

Casting facts, as revealed now:

Phil LaMarr - J.A.R.V.I.S., Wonder Man/Simon Williams
Rick D. Wasserman - Thor, Absorbing Man/Crusher Creel
Dawn Olivieri - Pepper Potts
Fred Tatasciore - Hulk
Wally Wingert - Ant-Man/Hank Pym
Chris Cox - Hawkeye
Colleen O'Shaughnessey - Janet Van Dyne/The Wasp

Interesting that they are sticking with the movie version of J.A.R.V.I.S. Part of me is disappointed, although I can understand wanting to keep Iron Man as close to the movie version as possible, to keep kids familiar. Most cartoons try to be as close to whatever film is out at the time as possible, even X-MEN EVOLUTION (whether deliberately or not, in terms of some designs). It looks like the membership will be fluid for the Avengers, although likely some characters (such as the six shown) may be "regulars". This at least frees up 1-2 heroes to show up for various episodes. Although I hope they learn the lesson of JUSTICE LEAGUE; you can't properly flesh 7 heroes every episode, so only focus on maybe 2-4 every episode, and just rotate. AVENGERS: UNITED THEY STAND tried to shove in all 7 as often as possible, and it was one of many reasons why it was short changed.

The only major role we still don't know about, besides the villains, is Captain America. I'm very curious who has that part. I imagine it can't be easy to cast.

The theme of the show sounds fine; not dark, but no comedy. Not slavishly faithful to the comics (as a lot of those 60's tales are very blunt and cheesy by today's standards), but catching the spirit, such as the Masters of Evil and whatnot. And it does seem the order of 52 episodes in production is being done to prevent the sort of issues that can happen when a show completely stops production between seasons, as TSSM and perhaps even W&TXM did to a degree. They want as many episodes in the can by 2012 as possible to go with the movie, and this sounds like a solid strategy to do so.

Phil LaMarr - J.A.R.V.I.S., Wonder Man/Simon Williams
Rick D. Wasserman - Thor, Absorbing Man/Crusher Creel
Dawn Olivieri - Pepper Potts
Fred Tatasciore - Hulk
Wally Wingert - Ant-Man/Hank Pym
Chris Cox - Hawkeye
Colleen O'Shaughnessey - Janet Van Dyne/The Wasp
and Nolan North as Balder

Also Kari Wahlgren as Enchantress.

Also, this supports Yost's promise that they are basically doing like the whole 616 Avengers canon from the beginning.

Wasserman as Thor is odd yet intriguing casting. I liked Wasserman's Hulk in Planet Hulk, I was just kind of hoping it would be the guy that does Thor in VS. and Tales of Asgard (same guy).

LaMarr also plays Black Panther on Superhero Squad. Can one guess he will play T'Challa in this series as well?

One thing I'd wonder is if they'd ever be ballsy enough to try Avengers Dissassembled, though I personally hope they avoid going that route. I think a couple episodes though of a NEW AVENGERS type of team would be neat for the novelty of it. I also wonder if the show will be established as separate from the New WaTXM-verse and new Thor-verse for those shows.

and Nolan North as Balder

Cool. Nolan North gets around. :up:

Also Kari Wahlgren as Enchantress.

Also, this supports Yost's promise that they are basically doing like the whole 616 Avengers canon from the beginning.

Wasserman as Thor is odd yet intriguing casting. I liked Wasserman's Hulk in Planet Hulk, I was just kind of hoping it would be the guy that does Thor in VS. and Tales of Asgard (same guy).

LaMarr also plays Black Panther on Superhero Squad. Can one guess he will play T'Challa in this series as well?

One thing I'd wonder is if they'd ever be ballsy enough to try Avengers Dissassembled, though I personally hope they avoid going that route. I think a couple episodes though of a NEW AVENGERS type of team would be neat for the novelty of it. I also wonder if the show will be established as separate from the New WaTXM-verse and new Thor-verse for those shows.

Good, another HULK VS. reprisal besides Fred Tatasciore. She was good as Enchantress before, and I doubt that will change.

It is possible LaMarr could play Black Panther both here and in SUPER HERO SQUAD. He's a very talented voice actor. Personally I'd have loved if Keith David could have returned to reprise the role of Black Panther as he did in the 1990's FANTASTIC FOUR cartoon, which was a waste of a good performance, since the episode itself wasn't so hot. I doubt it, though. LaMarr would likely be fine for the Panther.

It does seem that Yost is following 616 canon, although likely modernizing it, without making it too "Ultimate". I would hope any "Avengers Disassembled" story waits until later on, not in Season 1-2. The Avengers have a lot of rich history to mine through before that has to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"