The Avengers Avengers deleted and altered scenes

There were quick shots of Cap being defrosted in both his flashbacks in the gym and I believe also in the files Coulson gave Tony to review at his tower.

There you go then, not an actual scene though.

Joss was saying in an interview that while Steve's punching that punching bag he's suppused to flashback to different things in the past to present. THAT scene was supposed to be a flashback.

The flashback by the way that makes him break the Chain is Fury telling him he'd been asleep for 70 years.

There is a really fast montage of the end of Captain America and you hear Peggy shout Steve. Its very fast though. No real 'Flashback' scenes.

You remember the footage we saw during the set shoots? They could have just lifted it as is. Looked so awesome. The part they left in I didn't like as much as [BLACKOUT]Cap gets injured straightaway and we don't see the two of them fighting back to back and kicking ass.[/BLACKOUT]
What?! the slow motion weapons catch wasnt in there?

Tony's line to Loki in Trailer 1
"If we can't protect the Earth...you can be damn sure we'll avenge it"
in the trailer has the dramatic pause for effect, and is said with more conviction, more like a bad-ass lol.
I'm sure the pause was just the editing for the trailer, but I wish it stayed the same.

In the film, when he says it, it seems more casual, and all in one sentence.

Some missing scenes/lines:

-looks like an injured Maria Hill saying "who would bring those people together and not expect what happened."
-Coulson talking about them needing a timeout
-Coulson saying "it's time to put the team together"
-Fury from the trailer saying "We get ready." Looks like the take cuts off in the final cut right before he says that line
-Fury telling Thor "I'm asking you to join us."

Last edited:
Just giving this a quick bump for the masses!

Thank god that Scene with the explosion behnd widow didnt make it. My first though seeing that was Logans X3 danger room scene/corny as all hell. What a good decision.

Stan's cameo was reshot.

Originally, Cap was punching the bag, flashing back, angry at finding out Peggy was still alive and went out for a walk to blow off steam. He ends up at that cafe at the base of Stark Tower. The waitress flirts with him, there's some fish out of water moments, and Stan leans over and says Cap needs to get her number.

Reasoning for this is the set photos of Cap and Stan at the cafe, the junior novelization, and how they focused on that waitress throughout the film. The end is supposed to be payoff for her scenes.

My guess is once the Peggy stuff was cut, and the focus was taken from Cap to even it out for everyone, the scene was recut.

I noticed a few changes. Starting with this one

Trailer
Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away & what are you ?

Movie
Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off & what are you ?

It's not a deleted scene, but rather a minor change. When Stark suits up (MKVII) during his fall - we don't see his mask (like in the tv-spot). It just quickly changes to his HUD.

tumblr_m3ksjlOJEr1r03eaxo1_250.gif

Also, in the BTS-roll, Tony wears the triangular MKVI armor after he was saved by the Hulk, but in the movie it's MKVII, so it's been changed with the help of CGI.

tumblr_m2e067pPzm1qajc4eo1_r1_250.gif

Most likely due to the fact, that Whedon and co. had no practical armor pieces. Surely, it was more cost-effective to use the practical parts of Mark VI throughout the whole movie, so then when they would need MKVII - they could add it digitally.

Did the movie have the lines from the trailer missing that had RDJ and Evans saying "Captain." "Mr Stark"?

No. It's all in the Stuttgart scene after Loki surrenders.

I must've missed it because I was always expecting it to be later in the movie such as when they finally decide to operate as a team.

I must've missed it because I was always expecting it to be later in the movie such as when they finally decide to operate as a team.
Yeah, that's the famous 'distributors' way of promoting their movies. They have this tendency to alter memorable phrases and put them in different scenes, when it comes to tv-spots and trailers.

They cut out the Nathan Fillion Antman cameo.........ok so that wasn't an actual scene but in my head it was. I kept expecting to see it in sometime during the movie. :)

I've never seen that photo before. I wonder what was going on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"