Endgame Avengers: Endgame Box Office (Poll is for second film only)

The King is dead. Long live the King. Now lets see if it can get to 300 billion. We need a pic of Tony Stark snapping his fingers and saying " I am Iron man", while the Avatar title fades to dust. That would be cool.

I assume you mean 3 billion. It took 10 years to beat Avatar and Marvel to get there. It will hopefully be a while before anyone comes close again.

To be honest, there is a small, but plausible chance that this record never gets beat. Who knows how technology and innovation will impact the theater going business in the next 5-10 years.

With streaming becoming more and more prevalent, some studio is gonna crunch some numbers and come to the conclusion that it's more profitable to release their blockbuster movies on streaming, and that'll be that.

To be honest, there is a small, but plausible chance that this record never gets beat. Who knows how technology and innovation will impact the theater going business in the next 5-10 years.

With streaming becoming more and more prevalent, some studio is gonna crunch some numbers and come to the conclusion that it's more profitable to release their blockbuster movies on streaming, and that'll be that.
It will be sad if all these showing halls run out of business.

v1CsYko.jpg

Deadpool movies and Logan are 'R' rated, and they all raked more money than Passion of the Christ.

That category was a miss.

Avatar will easily take this record back people. Endgame wont get far enough ahead of Avatar when Avatar gets re released at least twice for Avatar 2 & Avatar 3
I don’t think Disney will let that happen. I don’t see a rerelease happening with Avatar, nor do I see the sequel getting close to the first one. I’d be surprised if it made half...

Nah, Avatar 2 will make 1.5B at least. I think the international market will carry it.

Crazy to think Zoe Saldana is in the two biggest movies of all time. She knows how to pick them.

It’s just confusing record keeping. The 3D release made 285 OS and 57 domestic and that’s all included in the overall Titanic WW gross.
I was just looking on Box Office Mojo, does anyone know why the re-release of Titanic in 2012 in 3D (which I don't even recall) isn't added on top of the original films tally?

Titanic (1997)

Titanic 3D (2012)

I only ask because the re-release made an additional $945m & if you added that onto the $2.187b the original 1997 release(s) made it would surely make it the highest grossing film ever & not Avatar.. ?

The original release was about 1.8B on the nose. The re-release added 300M + which puts it where it is now.

I don’t think Disney will let that happen. I don’t see a rerelease happening with Avatar, nor do I see the sequel getting close to the first one. I’d be surprised if it made half...

They own Avatar now, plus if Cameron wants a re-release I don't see Disney saying no to the man they are now in partnership with, and who they will make billions with. I wouldn't care too much, the fact that Endgame held the record is enough for me. Of course Cameron may not want a re-release and bet on one of his sequels to beat the record. I am certainly not dismissing them, I could see the next film get 500 m from China alone, which could make up for whatever diminished returns it receives in NA.

The MCU should make the Blade movie NC-17 with severe amounts of gore and go for the record. :up:
Haha. Even just for the sake of getting the record. It’s such a low record that even DP made more than 3 times as much and Hellboy 2019 would have squeaked past!

The MCU should make the Blade movie NC-17 with severe amounts of gore and go for the record. :up:
LOL. I know you're joking, but can you see Disney doing something like that? I don't know about everyone else, but I'm totally jacked for the next phase. Blade?? Are you kidding me. That could be AWESOME. Just don't make him a white guy LOL (I know, they already announced Mahershala Ali, but I thought it would be funny to say). Man, Disney is really attracting some MAJOR acting talent.

On the Endgame front, I believe there will be a re-re-release of Avatar, that Cameron (and even Disney) will want it as it could pique interest for Avatar 2. I'm also of the opinion (fact really) that EG broke Avatar's initial release and re-release records and I would put a third release of Avatar in a different category.

The 2 at the top are more than double no.10. Feels like they will be high on the charts for a very long time. Even after they start getting overtaken it will be a very long time (maybe many decades) before they get pushed out of the top 10 or 20.

Avatar will probably get dropped on Disney + when Avatar 2 comes out. More views for their platform.

A lot of people will probably want to rewatch it before 2 just because of how long ago it was. It was a really good looking Blu-ray Disc too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"