Endgame Avengers: Endgame Box Office (Poll is for second film only)

Yes. And there's an Avatarburg at one or more of Disney's parks. Cameron works for the Mouse now and all the money he makes belongs to Mickey. :D:
He will have to wear Mickey Mouse dungarees and Pluto slippers, and carry a Donald Duck lunchbox to work from now on.

I just realized that this movie comes out the week after Easter Sunday, when a lot of the northeast US is on spring break from school. Could help but also could hurt the opening weekend if everyone is traveling on vacation.

I just realized that this movie comes out the week after Easter Sunday, when a lot of the northeast US is on spring break from school. Could help but also could hurt the opening weekend if everyone is traveling on vacation.

In my state, Spring Break for public schools is April 19th - 22nd, for the most part. Families with kids will be settled back into their normal routines when Endgame comes out.

Well, whatever. My kids each have a homework pass saved up for this. My wife knows what's up, and I am planning a Thursday night showing for this one. I know people (non-nerds, mind you) who are actually taking off that Friday to go see it without kids to avoid spoilers. This movie has no ceiling. Everyone who saw any marvel movie loved at least 1 character lost in the snap. It may be the reason why Marvel put Black Panther, Spider-Man, and all but one Guardian of the Galaxy in there. They knew that, if they just snapped away Vision, Scarlet Witch, Nebula, and the (then unseen) Captain Marvel, no one would care. But, when BP grosses 700 million domestic, and then he dies in a non-sequel to his film, you can bet people will line up to see Wakanda's king return!

Also, Spider-Man. Come on.

It could debut on a Monday on the moon, and I think it would still shatter opening weekend records.

The $275m opening weekend has got to at least be a possibility (although the runtime might force a showing less per day).

The $275m opening weekend has got to at least be a possibility (although the runtime might force a showing less per day).

Here in Sweden the ticket price changes slightly depending on the runtime of a film. The shortest are slightly cheaper than the average and really long ones are slightly more expensive. Is that not the case in other places?

Here in Sweden the ticket price changes slightly depending on the runtime of a film. The shortest are slightly cheaper than the average and really long ones are slightly more expensive. Is that not the case in other places?
I’ve never even bothered to check lol. If so then that could be a boost too.

Not where I am. I've paid the same amount for a 1.5 hour film as I did for a 2.5 hour film. Only thing that seems to affect price is format (2D/3D/IMAX) and show time.

Not where I am. I've paid the same amount for a 1.5 hour film as I did for a 2.5 hour film. Only thing that seems to affect price is format (2D/3D/IMAX) and show time.

Interesting. Here there is no price difference due to show time.

If it does, it will be the only franchise in history to have multiple $2B grossers. Only other franchise that could challenge that would be Avatar, unless they finally make Titanic 2: Uprising

I wonder will the run time have any meaningful effect on the BO taking? I realise it's only going to be 20-25(?) minutes longer than IW, however that would technically mean you'd be able to fit in few less showings in a working day for the cinemas.

If it does, it will be the only franchise in history to have multiple $2B grossers. Only other franchise that could challenge that would be Avatar, unless they finally make Titanic 2: Uprising
After Endgame it will also have 8 billion dollar films (possibility of 9 with FFH too), which is more than most other franchises have films. :funny:

I wonder will the run time have any meaningful effect on the BO taking? I realise it's only going to be 20-25(?) minutes longer than IW, however that would technically mean you'd be able to fit in few less showings in a working day for the cinemas.

They'll probably have more screens per theater playing it, to adjust for the longer running time (and hence the lower amount of showings per screen), so I don't think it will have any noteworthy effect on the BO.

This is excellent news! Now I fully expect Endgame to set a new worldwide opening weekend record. It's going to put up outrageous numbers very quickly.
There’s no question of whether a new worldwide opening weekend record will be set, just a question of how many hundreds of millions it beats the old one by! :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"