Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS) Where do we go from now?

It's a different Thanos. They created an alternate timeline when they removed the power stone.

It was PAST Thanos a Thanos BEFORE he got any of the Stones so again Infinity War can no longer happen

It was PAST Thanos a Thanos BEFORE he got any of the Stones so again Infinity War can no longer happen

It was not a past Thanos, at least, not from the main timeline's past. When Nebula and War Machine took the Power Stone they created a new timeline (as explained by The Ancient One) and the Thanos from that new timeline travelled to our timeline to get the stones using the Pym technology he got from Nebula.

It was not a past Thanos, at least, not from the main timeline's past. When Nebula and War Machine took the Power Stone they created a new timeline (as explained by The Ancient One) and the Thanos from that new timeline travelled to our timeline to get the stones using the Pym technology he got from Nebula.

The Timeline was restored (as explained by The Ancient One who also agreed that the timeline would be restored when they brought the Stones back to before they were taken it was past Thanos

Last edited:
Well, it's a plot hole then, but I guarantee that nobody at Marvel considers the snap not to have happened.

Well, it's a plot hole then, but I guarantee that nobody at Marvel considers the snap not to have happened.

Well the Endgame Writers & Directors cant agree on what timeline Steve spend his life with Peggy at. So most probably cant agree if the original snap happened or not

No the timeline isn't restored. Any change creates an alternate reality. You can't go kill baby Thanos and resurrect everyone and everything's ok because you put a stone back. The stone were only put back to prevent any nightmare alt realities from being created.

No the timeline isn't restored. Any change creates an alternate reality. You can't go kill baby Thanos and resurrect everyone and everything's ok because you put a stone back. The stone were only put back to prevent any nightmare alt realities from being created.

This.

The ancient one talks of protecting her reality before a stone had been taken. The timeflow she shows is that of her reality. Removing a stone makes it vulnerable to dark forces. Returning it to the moment it was taken stops these dark realities being created.

But seriously not addressing the snap at all? I think I'm finally throwing in the towel on this show.

That's what I'm starting to think as well. None of it matters anymore as it's not even connected. And this opening episode seems as boring as the start of last season.

Jed Whedon and Jeff Bell and Marvel Television's Jeph Loeb recently revealed to Collider that the new season will not be set within the Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline and that the events of season six will all be pre-snap, meaning it will ignore the events of both Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame

'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' EPs on Season 6 and Not Following the MCU Timeline
Well I've been suggesting this for a few years. If they can't commit to crossovers, then just go the DC route and keep the shows and movies separate. The synchronicity between the shows and the movies has been shaky to non existent anyway.

I guess the shows are part of the multiverses.

I fully support this decision. I don't think people understand how difficult it is to write this show while considering the creative decisions in the movie world. And the Russo's didn't help things with there world changing storyline's from Hydra infiltrating Shield and half the universe disappearing.

That's what I'm starting to think as well. None of it matters anymore as it's not even connected. And this opening episode seems as boring as the start of last season.
Is Arrow less important because it's not connected to Man of Steel? I'm happy to accept AoS as it's own separate story in Marvels many multiverse's. :cool:

The only way this pre-snap thing works is if the reference to New York wasn't an infinity war reference and if Thanos hadn't come to earth yet. But clearly the Easter eggs were meant to be infinity war tie ins. So I guess to make that all work, retcon then. But this whole thing is absurdly stupid

Is Arrow less important because it's not connected to Man of Steel? I'm happy to accept AoS as it's own separate story in Marvels many multiverse's. :cool:

Yes I think it was less important. If the Flarrowverse had gotten a cameo out of say Laurence Fishburne to match Agent's Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Samuel L. Jackson cameo it would have been a bigger thing. That Marvel TV and movies gave that up after finding Loki's sceptre and calling in the Avengers to start The Age Of Ultron is sad, we lost a unique storytelling opportunity.

So now Agents falls into just another show category for the last 25 episodes as we wonder whether Marvel Studios and Sony will continue to play nice or if Sony snatches back their Spider-Man as the snap and removal of infinity stones breaks the shared continuity of future movies. Since the MCU has the potential to evolve into a MCMultiverse.

Yes I think it was less important. If the Flarrowverse had gotten a cameo out of say Laurence Fishburne to match Agent's Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Samuel L. Jackson cameo it would have been a bigger thing. That Marvel TV and movies gave that up after finding Loki's sceptre and calling in the Avengers to start The Age Of Ultron is sad, we lost a unique storytelling opportunity.

So now Agents falls into just another show category for the last 25 episodes as we wonder whether Marvel Studios and Sony will continue to play nice or if Sony snatches back their Spider-Man as the snap and removal of infinity stones breaks the shared continuity of future movies. Since the MCU has the potential to evolve into a MCMultiverse.

The quality of the show remains exactly the same whether it's part of the MCU or not.

It was an ambitious experiment, that didn't quite work out, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the show.

The quality of the show remains exactly the same whether it's part of the MCU or not.

It was an ambitious experiment, that didn't quite work out, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the show.
It is my theory that being part of the larger MCU is a force multiplier. It may have drawn larger crowds than say an Ant-Man would have if it was just a Edgar Wright superhero movie.
As a related show I was looking at Marvel TV to show us something more than a support group and memorial wall of the post Infinity War world.

As a stand alone will I stop watching the last two seasons? No when the TV is on Friday nights AoS is the reason it is on. However I will miss having a show to fill in the blanks of the small stuff to time consuming to make it into a movie in the months between movie releases

I'm just going to pretend that last season's psuedo finale was the real thing. Coulson stays dead the second time, the Avengers mourned him offscreen. The Shield team died crashing their ship on trying to enter a portal to stop Thanos in Endgame.

They screwed themselves with their lame decision to incorporate Thanos into the season finale last year. If they didn’t, they could have gotten away with their “pre-snap” setting.

But since the events of Infinity War were supposedly happening concurrently with last season’s finale, then this season of Agents of SHIELD takes place a year after the SNAP. Pre-snap? Nope. Sorry, you’re treating your audience like they are stupid and just won’t notice or care. Ouch. Not sure I can move past that. That’s really too bad. This show deserved better than that. But it is clearly no longer part of the MCU.

The Timeline was restored (as explained by The Ancient One who also agreed that the timeline would be restored when they brought the Stones back to before they were taken it was past Thanos
I don't think that's an accurate interpretation for the scene. It wasn't that the timelines didn't diverse - just by having someone enter the past creates a timeline with differences, it was that the Ancient One's new timeline would be defenseless without the Infinity Stones.

As a side note, a lot of people have interpreted this broadly (the Infinity Stones preserve the timeline). I think it's simpler. She could see the future and knew the Time Stone was needed to protect from Dormammu. I don't interpret her as speaking for more than the Eye of Agomotto. Ultimately, I suppose, it doesn't matter either way.

I don't think that's an accurate interpretation for the scene. It wasn't that the timelines didn't diverse - just by having someone enter the past creates a timeline with differences, it was that the Ancient One's new timeline would be defenseless without the Infinity Stones.

As a side note, a lot of people have interpreted this broadly (the Infinity Stones preserve the timeline). I think it's simpler. She could see the future and knew the Time Stone was needed to protect from Dormammu. I don't interpret her as speaking for more than the Eye of Agomotto. Ultimately, I suppose, it doesn't matter either way.

Tbf the russos and writers seem split on this.

I agree with you and the russos it makes far more sense and creates less plotholes.

They did bring in physicists to explain how it could all work which would be the many worlds interpretation (which would fit with the multiverse idea). That means those realities always existed and the avengers didn't create them. It was always a part of their history that events unfolded as they did in them.

They didn't timetravel in our reality just visited another similar reality at that point in time.

Last edited:
My main understanding is they're going with the theory where every decision you could have made is an alternate reality where you took that decision (leading to a potentially infinite number of worlds). Under this idea, they are going back through their own timeline, but creating additional timelines with each of their actions.

It doesn't have to be this way, but it's at least supporting by what's on screen.

My interpretation is that when things happen...they happen. Time is in a line. The stones keep the universe in "line." Removing a stone causes the universe to go off in different directions...which is why it was important to return the stone exactly when they took them. By putting them back, it puts the universe back in line.

That implies to me that there is one "reality." Because any alternates that might have been briefly created were merged back in line when the stone was returned. Then again...I DESPISE time travel and alternate universes...so I will either find a way to make it one universe in my head, or I will lose interest very quickly. For instance...Agents of SHIELD "now" takes place in some other universe...they have dropped the lie that it was part of the MCU...and, I don't care at all about watching this show. Frankly, I wasn't enjoying it enough on its own anyway...and I dont appreciate the false advertising.

Tbf the russos and writers seem split on this.

I agree with you and the russos it makes far more sense and creates less plotholes.

They did bring in physicists to explain how it could all work which would be the many worlds interpretation (which would fit with the multiverse idea). That means those realities always existed and the avengers didn't create them. It was always a part of their history that events unfolded as they did in them.

They didn't timetravel in our reality just visited another similar reality at that point in time.

That was revealed to be the truth behind Doctor Dooms time platform in the books. Initially, when Ben Grimm used it and travelled back in time and cured his younger self (but remained the Thing when he got back to the present) Reed Richards told him that by changing the past he had created an alternate timelime. This was changed later with Reed reviewing Ben's trip and discovering he had travelled to the past of an alternate timeline all along (he saw a newspaper showing New York there was still called New Amsterdam).

I cant remember where I read about it but I recall one writer saying it was changed because someone pointed out how much energy it would require to literally create a whole new universe with an attempted change to the past. Easier to just say its an alternate reality that has always existed.

Arrow never held itself out to be part of the same universe as Man of Steel though. It was clearly its own thing from the start. AOS always operated under the premise that it's all connected, and the stories were in the earlier seasons. They filled in the blanks of what was happening elsewhere in the same Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Now it's just a bunch of random agents on their own mission doing their own thing. And it's not like it has even been so interesting on its own in the last season or start of this one. By its supposed connection before, it was more essential viewing. Now it doesn't matter at all for the MCU whether you watch it or not because it's completely independent.

I cant remember where I read about it but I recall one writer saying it was changed because someone pointed out how much energy it would require to literally create a whole new universe with an attempted change to the past. Easier to just say its an alternate reality that has always existed.

If we think of the universe as an intelligent being (Eternity?) it makes a lot more sense to me if it decided to "plug the holes" for certain time anomalies rather than generate a whole new reality. For example, if Thanos and his dusted minions were time relocated back to 2014 (that's the theory I prefer), it's a lot easier to put a new Gamora and a living Nebula back into the timeline. Loki taking off with the space stone, though, may be too hard to simply patch up.

If we think of the universe as an intelligent being (Eternity?) it makes a lot more sense to me if it decided to "plug the holes" for certain time anomalies rather than generate a whole new reality. For example, if Thanos and his dusted minions were time relocated back to 2014 (that's the theory I prefer), it's a lot easier to put a new Gamora and a living Nebula back into the timeline. Loki taking off with the space stone, though, may be too hard to simply patch up.

Easier said than done. It's almost like the Russo's creative team went out of there way to throw a wrench in every other Marvel extended project.

Hydra infiltration of Shield couldn't have made things easy for the AoS team (Although it actually helped the show) I remember Joss Whedon alluded at being quite pissed off at the Hydra twist as it contradicts Shields presence in AoU.

Then they dust half the universe. Ok we'll find a way to write around tha...aaand there back.....FIVE years later lol I think that was the breaking point.

Keep in mind these stories need to be written months in advance. Then they need to invest in the pre-production. It's not an easy task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"