Avengers: Endgame Where was The Other?

Doomlurker

Civilian
Reaction score
If you watch Guardians of the Galaxy, Ronan kills The Other (Alexis Denisof) during that film. The Other is also at Thanos' side during that. Infinity War introduces the Black Order and Endgame shows Ebony Maw with Thanos on the Sanctuary II but where is the Other?

He could have been on Sanctuary but surely Thanos would want him with his army?

Great film regardless but it just makes me wonder if anyone else notices his omission.

That's a good point. I actually hadn't thought about this until you brought it up. He would have still been alive at the point where we see 2014 Thanos, Nebula and Gamora in Endgame. I guess the writers just forgot about him. I'm also not sure how useful he would have been in the battle considering he only seemed to be an advisor type.

That's a good point. I actually hadn't thought about this until you brought it up. He would have still been alive at the point where we see 2014 Thanos, Nebula and Gamora in Endgame. I guess the writers just forgot about him. I'm also not sure how useful he would have been in the battle considering he only seemed to be an advisor type.
Thanks for the reply. As you said he was probably just overlooked but it would have been great just to have that extra cameo.

I wish they would have brought him back!!!

If you watch Guardians of the Galaxy, Ronan kills The Other (Alexis Denisof) during that film. The Other is also at Thanos' side during that. Infinity War introduces the Black Order and Endgame shows Ebony Maw with Thanos on the Sanctuary II but where is the Other?

He could have been on Sanctuary but surely Thanos would want him with his army?

An in-universe explanation might be that Thanos wouldn't have had time to travel to Sanctuary to pick up The Other as he first had to travel to Morag, and then wouldn't have had long before Nebula pulled him through time to 2023. Not to mention that Thanos didn't seem to care much for The Other anyway - he didn't show any anger after Ronan snapped his neck. This is in contrast to his sombre response to hearing about Maw's death: "This day extracts a heavy toll."

It does make you think though, of the poor alt-universe version of The Other, left all alone on Sanctuary, wondering what on Earth happened to his beloved master...

Thanks for the reply. As you said he was probably just overlooked but it would have been great just to have that extra cameo.

The Russo's might also have thought that audiences wouldn't remember him, given his small role in both Avengers and GOTG, and would just be confused by another minion of Thanos randomly showing up beside the Black Order.

We've never seen The Other outside of Sanctuary, so it could be that caretaker of Thanos' space rock is his primary job with the organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"