Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix 'In Universe' Track Listing (Possible Vol. 2 Spoilers)

Grootster

Dancing Tree
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm sure we're all pretty familiar the songs that appear in the Guardians movies and on their soundtracks, but the soundtracks the songs are included on don't correspond with the actual 'in universe' cassette tapes that Star-Lord's mother gave him. For instance: "I Want You Back" is included on Awesome Mix Vol. 1 despite the fact that it part of Vol. 2 in the movie. This is done for obvious marketing reasons, but I thought I'd arrange the songs in a way that makes since 'in universe'.

The official listings can be easily googled so I won't retype them here, although I would look them up for the sake of comparison. In universe, the listings should look something like this:

Awesome Mix Vol. 1

I'm Not in Love
Come and Get Your Love
Go All the Way
Hooked on a Feeling
Escape
Moonage Daydream
Fooled Around and Fell in Love
Cherry Bomb
Ooh Child
Come a Little Bit Closer
Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang

Awesome Mix Vol. 2

Ain't No Mountain High Enough
I Want You Back
Mr. Blue Sky
Lake Shore Drive
The Chain
Southern Nights
My Sweet Lord
Bring It On Home to Me
Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)

Awesome Mix Vol. 3

Father and Son
Surrender
Flash Light

???

Guardians Inferno

Note that I have eliminated Spirit in the Sky and Fox on the Run because despite appearing on the soundtrack, they do not appear in the movies. We could always assume that they are on the cassettes and we just don't hear them, but that begs the question of whether or not we should include songs from the deleted scenes or not.

I have moved Come a Little Bit Closer and Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang to Vol. 1 because these both came from the Ravagers' clones of Quill's music, and they never had access to Vol. 2. I doubt Quill's mother would include them on both tapes.

Southern Nights could be on either tape because (if I recall correctly) Rocket was listening to this song on a recording device after Peter Quill left. I'm assuming it's on Vol. 2 simply because it's included on the Vol. 2 soundtrack and Vol. 1 is long enough already. The same is true of My Sweet Lord and possibly The Chain (I'd have to see the movie again to be sure), the only difference is that we have no indication these songs were even played on a physical device.

Most people will assume that Surrender and Flash Light are part of Vol. 2, but I have listed them as part of Vol. 3. Why? Because the credits song in GOTG 1 was part of Vol. 2, so I'm assuming the two credit songs in GOTG 2 are part of Vol. 3.

I'm assuming Guardians Inferno doesn't exist in universe for obvious reasons.

So there's my compilation. What do you all think? Think I'm right? Think anything should be re-ordered?

Though its only featured in a deleted scene in the first movie, you can probably say Magic by Pilot is part of Awesome Mix Vol. 1.

Though its only featured in a deleted scene in the first movie, you can probably say Magic by Pilot is part of Awesome Mix Vol. 1.

I would assume so too, I just didn't include it because it was deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"