Awful Movies That Are Almost Redeemed By One Thing

That-Guy said:
The Jurassic Park films - The dinosaurs made up for the fact that Spielberg watered down and then butchered the story and the characters. (I'm not even including JP3 here because not only was that film not even remotely based on a Crichton novel but it didn't even have good effects... it was like CGI Carnosaur).

Jurassic Park, while not the literary masterpiece that was the novel, was still a pretty damn good movie.

amazingfantasy15 said:
The ending of Terminator 3. Great ending to a horrible movie.
I like that movie....but you're right that the ending is definitely the best part.

The Hero said:
I wasn't talking about her acting.:o

I wasn't just talking about her acting either.

She's mediocre in the looks department when it comes to working actresses. Planely "attractive" face, nothing special about anything around her midsection (waist, hips, abs, ass, thighs), Worst fake rack in show biz.

She's just always dolled up to the T most of the time you see her.

Ronny Shade said:
Jurassic Park, while not the literary masterpiece that was the novel, was still a pretty damn good movie.

Maybe I would have liked it better if I hadn't read the novel first, I don't know. It's just that the movie felt very cliche and juvenile to me (and bear in mind, I was 13 when I saw it first and I thought the same thing then). Dumbing down the scientific aspects so that they could be explained by a cartoon... switching the ages and intelligence levels of the two children so that the film could adhere to the "girls are always smarter than boys" rule Hollywood constantly shoves down our throats... casting Newman as Nedry and having him play Newman... changing Alan Grant from a bearded, friendly outdoorsman who likes kids to a stuck-up jerk who hates them and changing Ian Malcolm from John Nash to Keith Richards... and most unforgiveably... killing off half the characters who live in the book while letting live half the ones that die.

huskerwebhead said:
Flash Gordon - The Queen Soundtrack - nuff said
There is so much more goodness to Flash Gordon (the Queen soundtraxck is simply the icing on the cake).

This topic is "awful" movies that are "almost" redeemed by one thing - Flash Gordon is a GREAT movie.

Neil Patrick Harris as an unrepentant version of himself from Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. It was a bad movie but every scene with NPH was great. :D

The Hero said:
I wasn't talking about her acting.:o

KateCorset.jpg

Off topic but I can picture her playing Sable :up:

That-Guy said:
Maybe I would have liked it better if I hadn't read the novel first, I don't know. It's just that the movie felt very cliche and juvenile to me (and bear in mind, I was 13 when I saw it first and I thought the same thing then). Dumbing down the scientific aspects so that they could be explained by a cartoon... switching the ages and intelligence levels of the two children so that the film could adhere to the "girls are always smarter than boys" rule Hollywood constantly shoves down our throats... casting Newman as Nedry and having him play Newman... changing Alan Grant from a bearded, friendly outdoorsman who likes kids to a stuck-up jerk who hates them and changing Ian Malcolm from John Nash to Keith Richards... and most unforgiveably... killing off half the characters who live in the book while letting live half the ones that die.
All valid complaints. I saw the movie at 13 as well, but I hadnt read the book until after. Maybe that was why I liked it. "Hey this movie is great" ...a week later "hey this book is EVEN BETTER!" The ending of the book owned. I loved the egg thing that Grant did with the raptors.

reggiebar said:
There is so much more goodness to Flash Gordon (the Queen soundtraxck is simply the icing on the cake).

This topic is "awful" movies that are "almost" redeemed by one thing - Flash Gordon is a GREAT movie.

I suppose you are right. I, personally, love the movie. I'm just used to so many people telling me it sucked that I decided to throw it in there. I just seemed like the minority.

KingOfDreams said:
Flash!...Ahhh Ahhhhhh!

:up:
He's gonna save every one of us!Every last one of us!Ahhh-ahhhhhh!

I love that in the third act they use it for every single scene.

Calvin said:
Steve Carell's scene in Bruce Almighty.

His deleted scene of the possesed news reading is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. On the DVD.

Great things that saved otherwise awful movies:

-The giantess scene in "Dude, Where's My Car?" (I'm a GTS fan).

-The sex scene in "Cool World".

-"Batman Forever" being produced by Tim Burton.

-Richard Pryor in "Superman 3".

-The ausence of Jar-Jar Binks in Episode II and III

-The glorious titty shot at the beginning of "Freddy Vs Jason".

-Marie's death in "The Bourne Supremacy"

-The death of The Fairy Godmother in "Shrek 2".

-The death of Paris Hilton in "House of Wax"

-The death of Sarah Michelle Gellar in both "Scream 2" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" (SMG should be killed more often).

-The upcoming "Superman Returns" movie being a sequel to parts 1 and 2.

-When I don't know or haven't seen the movie a remake is based on, thus not spoiling the movie-going experience for me.

-Kate Winslet's nude scene in "Titanic".

-The giantess scene in "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid".

-"Highlander: The Sorcerer"and "Highlander: Endgame" ignoring the events of "Highlander 2: The Quickening".

-"Halloween H20" and "Halloween: Resurrection" ignoring the events of "Halloween 6: Curse of Michael Myers".

-"The Mask" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" being fun family movies instead of the gore-filled actionfest the fanboys wanted them to be.

Carmine Falcone said:
Anger Management - without Nicholson that movie would be completely forgettable. But he owns it.

I love that movie, but I probably wouldn't like it nearly as much if he wasn't in it. Jack rules.

Tommy- Ann-Margret rolling around in chocolate sauce, which is cool just for its camp value. Also, Elton John was insanely awesome.

thealiasman2000 said:
-"The Mask" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" being fun family movies instead of the gore-filled actionfest the fanboys wanted them to be.

Why is that a good thing? The Mask and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are gore filled action fests. And I wouldn't call the origional TMNT very family friendly. The first one was pretty damn dark.

Ronny Shade said:
You're kidding me, right? Ryan Reyonlds and Parker Posey are a big part of why that film sucked ballz.
Are you kidding? I'd love to see a movie just featuring Hannibal King, that's how awesome I thought he was in the movie. He's like, what if a geek became a vampire slayer?

The Phantom said:
Are you kidding? I'd love to see a movie just featuring Hannibal King, that's how awesome I thought he was in the movie. He's like, what if a geek became a vampire slayer?

It's been done:

xandertitolis1.jpg

1-Excuse me, but aren't all vampire slayers in the Jossverse supposed to be female?

Xander Harris is a MALE.

2-"The Mask" is a wacky, fun-loving guy, like Beetlejuice, and he would be degared if he resorted to gore and blood. He's a clown, basically.

The TMNT movies managed to be dark without showcasing too much gore and guts. And it's OK, because the Ninja Turtles are children icons, and the childhood heroes of many '80s kids 8like me).

BT18 said:
I wasn't just talking about her acting either.

She's mediocre in the looks department when it comes to working actresses. Planely "attractive" face, nothing special about anything around her midsection (waist, hips, abs, ass, thighs), Worst fake rack in show biz.

She's just always dolled up to the T most of the time you see her.
I'm going to have to respectively disagree.Different tastes,I guess.

Liam Neeson in The Phantom Menace

thealiasman2000 said:
1-Excuse me, but aren't all vampire slayers in the Jossverse supposed to be female?

Xander Harris is a MALE.

He still killed vamps from time to time.

thealiasman2000 said:
2-"The Mask" is a wacky, fun-loving guy, like Beetlejuice, and he would be degared if he resorted to gore and blood. He's a clown, basically.

The mask is a sardonically witty comic who's main character is an insane shapeshifter who borderlines (and often crosses over) on being homicidal. It's full of blood and gore.

thealiasman2000 said:
The TMNT movies managed to be dark without showcasing too much gore and guts. And it's OK, because the Ninja Turtles are children icons, and the childhood heroes of many '80s kids 8like me).

TMNT was origionally very heavy on the violence and gore. The fact that they made a cartoon like the one from the 80s is an insult to the origional stories.

The Phantom said:

"What if a geek became a vampire slayer. "

First of all, well, in the Blade Universe...um ....oh yeah, thats right

.... HE'D DIE

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back