Aynone else kinda done with Jackman's Wolverine?

Pauluz

Sidekick
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I loved his Wolverine in X1 and some bits in X2 but as we all know he got softer and softer. Even in the new film. I don't know where the change came from but Jackman has lost the badass he was in X1.

Who's up for a new Wolverine?

While Jackman has done pretty good working wtih the material he was given, I don't think he was entirely right for the role. For most of his existence, Wolverine is supposed to be around 5'3". In the last 10+ years, he isn't generally protrayed as being that short in the comics.
I would, however, have liked to seen a much shorter man be cast as Wolverine. Jackman is listed at 6' 2 1/2". I would have liked to have seen a much shorter man's take on the role.

he trained like a machine. hes has a lot of muscles in the movie. but he act to soft. he is a ''softy''. to bad

What's really unusual is that HJ wasn't the first choice for the role. He actually replaced Dougray Scott.

Scott would be an interesting wolverine. also badass IMO.

While Jackman has done pretty good working wtih the material he was given, I don't think he was entirely right for the role. For most of his existence, Wolverine is supposed to be around 5'3". In the last 10+ years, he isn't generally protrayed as being that short in the comics.
I would, however, have liked to seen a much shorter man be cast as Wolverine. Jackman is listed at 6' 2 1/2". I would have liked to have seen a much shorter man's take on the role.

I don't think his height has anything to do with portraying the character. You can't have everything, Jackman had the voice, the face and the attitude in X1. His height really is a minor issue. It's not like he's 7 feet tall.

I don't think his height has anything to do with portraying the character. You can't have everything, Jackman had the voice, the face and the attitude in X1. His height really is a minor issue. It's not like he's 7 feet tall.

I don't think he had the proper voice or face. Attitiude is only the actor portraying what is written in the script and at the director's instruction.
Jackman's voice isn't nearly deep or rough enough, he has a very soft intonation. His face is way too thin with a too long nose to wear the mutton chops he has in the movies.
You can not be serious when you say that height is not a major issue. Wolverine is called a "runt' by just about everyone he fights. If his height wasn't important to Marvel, why would they create a character who is such a bad-a$$, then make him 5'3"? His height (or lack thereof) is incredibly important, just not to you.

You said it yourself:

Marvel sold the rights, so there's nothing they can do about it. Besides, why would you want to see a midget with claws fight onscreen. Or a suit like he wears in the comics. It would look ridiculous and nobody (the general audience who know almost nothing about him) will take the character serious. Sabretooth (X1) was taller than Jackman so he was still a runt.

I could be wrong, but prior to X1, I heard Glenn Danzig was asked to portray Wolverine, but he kept his band as his first priority. If he could act, he would've killed as Wolverine.

Don't get me wrong, I loved his Wolverine in X1 and some bits in X2 but as we all know he got softer and softer. Even in the new film. I don't know where the change came from but Jackman has lost the badass he was in X1.

I voted yes! but it's more like a yup. I agree with your post.. he keeps getting softer and nicer and all that.. next movie's gonna be something like Kindergarten Cop

You said it yourself:

Marvel sold the rights, so there's nothing they can do about it. Besides, why would you want to see a midget with claws fight onscreen. Or a suit like he wears in the comics. It would look ridiculous and nobody (the general audience who know almost nothing about him) will take the character serious. Sabretooth (X1) was taller than Jackman so he was still a runt.

1. Quit exaggerating and using hyperbole.
-I never said I wanted a midget. I just want someone who could be realistically be called a "runt". An actor around 5'7" could have been used.
2. Quit putting words in my mouth and/or bringing non sequitors into the argument.
-I never mentioned anything about a suit. Stick to the subject at hand.
Additionally, a 6'2 1/2" man with claws is way less ridiculous looking than a shorter man with claws. :whatever:
I said Jackman did a good job with what he was given, but an essential, essential character element, his height, is missing with Jackman in the role. Jackman did alright, but I'n not one of you rabid fanboys that fawn over him in the role. It could have been done better, in my opinion.
Let's take it the opposite way...
Let's say for the last 30 years, Wolverine has been portrayed as 6'4". Then, a guy the size of Tom Cruise, at 5'7", is cast in the role. People would have hit the roof with their arguments against the casting.

I could be wrong, but prior to X1, I heard Glenn Danzig was asked to portray Wolverine, but he kept his band as his first priority. If he could act, he would've killed as Wolverine.

Danzig was considered for a role in a low-budget X-Men movie that was going to be made back in 1994, but he was not offered the role for the one made in 2000. He was, however, pointed to as the type of physique that Wolverine should have in the movie.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2020/glenndanziglivedb0.jpg

1. Quit exaggerating and using hyperbole.
-I never said I wanted a midget. I just want someone who could be realistically be called a "runt". An actor around 5'7" could have been used.
2. Quit putting words in my mouth and/or bringing non sequitors into the argument.
-I never mentioned anything about a suit. Stick to the subject at hand.
Additionally, a 6'2 1/2" man with claws is way less ridiculous looking than a shorter man with claws. :whatever:
I said Jackman did a good job with what he was given, but an essential, essential character element, his height, is missing with Jackman in the role. Jackman did alright, but I'n not one of you rabid fanboys that fawn over him in the role. It could have been done better, in my opinion.
Let's take it the opposite way...
Let's say for the last 30 years, Wolverine has been portrayed as 6'4". Then, a guy the size of Tom Cruise, at 5'7", is cast in the role. People would have hit the roof with their arguments against the casting.

LOLOLOL....a midget...with claws...LOLOLOL...Hugh Jackman did a good job of Wolverine,I even watched X-Men 2 when I got home in blu-ray...but good points you bring up...but heck if we are brining up Tom Cruise's height,might as well throw in Prince (example) as someone with the right height for someone not even 5'7''.....:bh::bh:

Last edited:
Danzig as Wolverine is priceless. B-Movie all over the place! :hehe: Imagine the short little f**cker going nuts while killing enemies, who he'd call misfits

too bad he probably can't act (he can't sing either :hehe: but he just writes so damn good songs)

[A];16861533 said:
too bad he probably can't act (he can't sing either :hehe: but he just writes so damn good songs)

Yeah, I give you that. He can't act worth a crap. Yeah, his voice is so-so. Incredibe song writer and producer, though.

He doesn't have to be a ruthless beast.

Jackman was good, fk the comics and stop being such nerds and learn to enjoy the movies guys! Always someone must complain that "it's not like in the comics" and moan all the time. If it's good in the movie, who cares?

*starts listening to Mother*

He doesn't have to be a ruthless beast.

Jackman was good, fk the comics and stop being such nerds and learn to enjoy the movies guys! Always someone must complain that "it's not like in the comics" and moan all the time. If it's good in the movie, who cares?

That's the point. Some of us want to see the comic book Wolverine on teh screen, not the "Wolverine Lite" (NOW WITH 60% LESS BAD-A$$ERY IN EVERY SCENE!!!) that we got. Just because you are satisfied with it, doesn't mean that the rest of us are. That doesn't make anyone a nerd. A true Wolverine movie should be rated R; that would be a movie that I would "enjoy".
The comics are Wolverine. The movies have not been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"