Aynone else kinda done with Jackman's Wolverine?

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by Pauluz, May 3, 2009.

?

New actor?

1. Yes!

2. No, I want Jackman!

3. Not sure.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

I've voiced my complaints about Jackman, i'm not going to do it again. I know this isn't the place to bring up the new video game, but I picked it up the other day and Jackman's voice acting and portrayal is spot on!

Why isn't he like this in the movies?! When he was doing the voice acting for the game didn't he notice how much more balls this Wolverine has than the one he played in the movie(s)?? Or how much an extended Team X mission in Africa or escape from Weapon X would help the movie?

2. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

There's no need for comments like this. If you want people to respect your opinion, try respecting theirs.

3. not_a_victim

not_a_victim Well-Known Member

Ok, I just looked at the results, and like 9 of you voted "not sure".
    To paraphrase the late, great, George Carlin: Could you get your stuff together and get back to us?
    :oldrazz:

4. Celestial

Celestial Well-Known Member

He went into the movie knowing they were aiming for a PG-13 rating. It's still one of the most violent PG-13 movies I've seen so they probably took it as far as it could go.

5. Kurosawa

Kurosawa Well-Known Member

Well, I hate the character outright. Jackman I actually like, but as soon as I saw a guy like him had been cast as Wolverine, I knew it was over for any other male X-Man and I knew Cyclops would get the shaft.

What I would like to see is a movie about the X-Men (which has yet to be made), and not

The Adventures of WOLVERINE
    and his little mutie sidekicks .

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  6. Dev

Dev Well-Known Member

Jackman makes a good wolverine. Its just like fans when the movie isn't good they try to recast the actor playing the main character just like Bale with his rant.

7. Wiseman

Wiseman Well-Known Member

Before Jackman was famous everyone thought he was perfect casting. Now that he's a famous actor people have a problem with him? The first X-Men movie would've flopped big time with Dougray Scott as Wolverine. Jackman was a gift to Singer. If it wasn't for him bringing Wolverine to life like he did then this whole comic book movie culture that we're living in might not even exist. Spiderman wouldn't have gotten the huge budget it got if it wasn't for the success of X-Men and we all know that without Spiderman there wouldn't have been all these big budget adapations of all of these comic books that we love. We'd be back in the dark ages of comic book movies with made for tv production value and actors that don't even belong in a lifetime movie. Revisionist history is a fun one but X-Men was at the time the catalyst for all that we have now and Jackman helped make that happen

8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Jackman owns the role, the same way Christopher Reeve owned the Superman role. Jackman will be the gold standard against which all other actors are measured in the role.

For aging issues, I think Jackman might be able to do this one or possibly two more times. But here he is 9 years after X-men, playing a character that doesn't age. At some point it becomes an impossibility. He'll be 41 in October, and by the time he reaches 50, he will probably be noticably aged from his 32 year old appearance in X-men.

Regardless, whoever takes on the roll will have some big shoes to fill.

9. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

I'm not done with Jackman's Wolverine at all.... I think he's probably what made Wolverine (the movie) as great as it was. His portrayal of the character has been grade A stuff.

Now, if we ever get X4? I'd like him around, but i'd also like the producers to remember one thing: it's the ****ing X-MEN!!! Not Wolverine and his Amazing Friends! X-Men. He has his own solo movies... go to town with him. But for the X-Men films, let the other guys get a chance at bat.

10. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

I like Jackman but I came to the conclusion that he isn't playing the Wolverine that I fell in love with. Wolverine was in X1, in X2 Jackmairne started creeping in and by the end of X3 he wasn't playing Wolverine at all.

Somehow it got worse in Orgins.

People love Hugh in the role and the movies make alot of money so he aint going nowhere but I would like to see a real Wolverine that isn't superhot and 6'3"

Call me an anal nerd if you like but thats what I want.

11. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Anal nerd. :oldrazz:

12. I SEE SPIDEY

Hey! How dare you.:cmad::oldrazz:

13. FrostBite

FrostBite Behind you.

I think Jackman has done a great job... the problem is, he has turned Wolverine into something he's not.

Tall, charming, handsome... he's pretty boy'd up Wolverine, and made him into some stereotypical Hollywood action hero.

Yes! I DO want a midget with claws on screen. Why? Because I don't want to be stuck in cliches forever, I do want to see a short guy rip out somebody's heart with his unbreakable claws! I DON'T want to see a tall handsome "bad boy" anymore. I want someone small, ugly, brutal, vicious, and perpetually p'd off.

14. FrostBite

FrostBite Behind you.

This is a FAMILY forum Spidey, keep your kinky fetishes out of here! :oldrazz::hehe:

15. BestGirl

BestGirl Chillin' on Dragonstone

I'll never object to a superhot Wolverine. :cwink:

16. Dev

Dev Well-Known Member

Hmmmm........................................You're a chick?

17. I SEE SPIDEY

:funny:

I'll never object to a naked Hugh Jackman.

18. Dark Victory

Dark Victory A$AP WAYNE

I think Hugh does a decent job given what he has to work with, but I was never blown away or thought he was great from what most people say. He's also helped turn Wolverine into a sex symbol for girls to ogle at instead of the ugly runt we all know. He also needs to stop acting like he's the #1 Wolverine fan(because if he was, he wouldn't have signed up for this trainwreck) or the one actor destined to play Wolverine. And to be honest, I was bored watching Hugh in this. His performance just didn't do it for me this time around.

19. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Same goes for RDJ, in my opinion.

20. Dev

Dev Well-Known Member

^:wow: I thought I was the only one who thought those guys were mediocre at best.

21. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

I'd rank Jackman slightly above RDJ, but still... people speak of Iron Man as if it was some sort of revolutionary superhero film. I just kinda sit back and think ".... really?"

22. BestGirl

BestGirl Chillin' on Dragonstone

Check out my username. :yay:

The film itself was wasn't exactly revolutionary, but RDJ was brilliant in it, even if he was just kind of playing himself.

23. I SEE SPIDEY

I love RDJ in Iron Man and I do really, really like Hugh Jackman in the X-films. I'm been more underwhelmed by Bale than anyone. I don't like him in the role as much as other people do.

24. cryptic name

cryptic name No Limits

by that you mean real fans of ****** movies?

25. PWN3R

PWN3R Instagram:@Mannie_Bothans

Exactly. He is so much better on the game, you would think he'd have some sort of revelation while doing the voice recording and seeing the action line up with the vocals. That game is very much Wolverine, and Hugh is great in it. Why couldn't some of that be portrayed in the movie is anyone's guess...