B89 Picture Post

DocLathropBrown said:
Now, a wealth of unused posters. First are my half-baked attempts to retstore the images of some of the unused posters shown in the DVD documentary... No one use this stuff without permission!!

Those posters kick ass.

DocLathropBrown said:
Finally, here are 4 unused posters that I restored myself from the originals, which had a maroonish tint and an annoying url across the middle of each. I once found these restorations on Batman: YTB, without credit or permission! Do NOT use these without giving me credit.

This one, the url went right through the little summary/tagline, so I had to completely redo that and try to match the font as much as possible to the original....

Better restorations will come when I have time...
These are also cool.

DocLathropBrown said:
Finally, here are 4 unused posters that I restored myself from the originals, which had a maroonish tint and an annoying url across the middle of each. I once found these restorations on Batman: YTB, without credit or permission! Do NOT use these without giving me credit.

This one, the url went right through the little summary/tagline, so I had to completely redo that and try to match the font as much as possible to the original....

Better restorations will come when I have time...
These are cool too. :up:

Are crap, double post, my bad.

wierd. Thank goodness they dropped those campaign ideas. I think they're cool to look at now... but they're rather bad. Granted, its concept art. Those tag lines are terrible.

I liked the concept art, they're magnificent. I always missed another 'real' Batman poster, I mean, the only one released is the one with the batsymbol on it.

^
^
^
ownedbikewheel.jpg

Has anyone ever seen a picture of Batman, holding his cape out, standing on the steps of the city hall in broad daylight? I saw in in a magazine in 1989, but never since.

Kevin Roegele said:
Has anyone ever seen a picture of Batman, holding his cape out, standing on the steps of the city hall in broad daylight? I saw in in a magazine in 1989, but never since.

The picture appears on the SE DVD featurette about the costumes, only it was the steps of the Gotham Cathedral. I'll take a screen grab when I get a chance....

Love this pic, now that is Batman!

These are all great.

DocLathropBrown said:
The picture appears on the SE DVD featurette about the costumes, only it was the steps of the Gotham Cathedral. I'll take a screen grab when I get a chance....

Really? I haven't noticed it. Thanks bud. :up:

Here you are, Kevin. Direct from the "Beyond Batman" featurette: "Designing the Batsuit", from the bit that talks about designing the cape.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I guess this isn't what you're looking for, Kevin, you said City Hall in the daytime, and I think I recall that, too. But I don't have the time right now to scour the featurettes to find it...

I use Media Player Classic for my DVD screenshots. Anyone have another program that'll take higher-res, better screenshots?

DocLathropBrown said:
Here you are, Kevin. Direct from the "Beyond Batman" featurette: "Designing the Batsuit", from the bit that talks about designing the cape.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I guess this isn't what you're looking for, Kevin, you said City Hall in the daytime, and I think I recall that, too. But I don't have the time right now to scour the featurettes to find it...

I use Media Player Classic for my DVD screenshots. Anyone have another program that'll take higher-res, better screenshots?

Awesome pic DLB.

DocLathropBrown said:

Not the picture I meant, but cool nonetheless. :up:

In all honesty, he looks like a fifth grader in an expensive Halloween costume. Horrible shot. Makes Keaton look about 4'11".

These pics just further solidify my feelings that the Burton movies were the best Batman movies. They had that air of mystery and macabre that I felt was sorely lacking in Begins.

Sandman138 said:
These pics just further solidify my feelings that the Burton movies were the best Batman movies. They had that air of mystery and macabre that I felt was sorely lacking in Begins.

There is certainly no mystery about Bale's Batman, as we know everything going on in his head, we know why he became Batman, we even know how he made his costume and where he gets his gadgets from. Plus, he shouts at bad guys to scare them whereas Keaton's Batman only had to appear to scare them - that's why he's dressed as a bat.

Great pictures, and I can see why they dropped those awful poster concepts - because they're crap. The symbol poster was simple and effective.

Funny, I don't recall Bale's Batman saying more than "here", "nice coat", and "I'm Batman" during Batman's first appearance in Begins. Yeah, he was yelling alright.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"