Babs' Superhero Art

That's why God invented spam.

Well..maybe not God

probobly Jesus in his preteen years. He was such a newbie. I saw some old posts of his on an Adult Swim board, he was such a n00b. He got pwned so many times:(

...yeah...just go ahead and put me on ignore

u really pulled off the likeness of angelina on that batgirl, interupted one. good job. glad to see you are drawing again

thanks ComicChick :)

i don't know why i go through these phases of drawing. I imagine I will get bored with it again but maybe not. Maybe I was only getting bored because I wasn't challenging myself.

It's 6,000 babs and great as always ;)

Babs Gordon said:
thanks ComicChick :)

i don't know why i go through these phases of drawing. I imagine I will get bored with it again but maybe not. Maybe I was only getting bored because I wasn't challenging myself.

i know what you mean. i go through phases where i'm all about trying to draw something, and then it's like "eh, i'll draw when i feel like it", which i usually never do. the only time i really draw is at work when it's slow. then i draw stuff that's on the groceries or out of the magazines. more than half the stuff in my art thread was drawn at work.

i need to get back on the "on" side of drawing.

challenging myself has really helped. i would stagnate if i wasn't.

Babs Gordon said:
OK so here are some of my drawings that I do in my spare time.
nightwing11ba.jpg

Nightwing and batgirl. I'm not really certain where the inspiration for this came from. It's a pretty dark, somber image though.

You're very good! I especially like your Batman drawing, but I like this one the best. You did an excellent job on their bodies, and the drama in the pose. Though I have to admit... as has been said before... my mind immediately went somewhere dirty. It's a guy thing, we can't help it. :D

So, you're a teacher? :up:

yep. i teach 11th and 12th graders now and this fall i may be teaching 6th graders instead (science and PE). teaching is awesome.

Babs Gordon said:
yep. i teach 11th and 12th graders now and this fall i may be teaching 6th graders instead (science and PE). teaching is awesome.

Yes it is. One of my best friends is a teacher. I also have an aunt and uncle who teach, too. Well, they did. They're retired now.

It's a shame the job doesn't pay more -- it really should -- but either way somebody needs to do it, and it's great that you do. :up:

here's quite possibly my best work yet... i did it tonight at the request of my friend dan:
smallerwonderwoman.jpg

thanks zer00. it's weird. i feel like everytime i put pencil on paper i just get magically better at drawing figures. i like it though :)

here's the long awaited catwoman drawing... i just finished it. took me about an hour and a half tonight.
smallercatwoman.jpg

I like. Though I will say I don't think it's on par with the rest of your stuff. The arms look a little..flat and unnatural. The head looks a little off.

your head looks a little off!

haha just kidding. it's probably because it's one of the most challenging body positions i've ever tried and for whatever reason i decided to start with the legs. i'm weird like that. i decided i didn't want to do big bulgy arms anyway and i left out excess shading so folks over at the planet can color and shade it as they like.

One day, I will unlock the secrets to the mystic art of illustration... one day.

Until then, nice job. :mad:

Twitch did a while ago

...take a guess how:(

zer00 said:
Twitch did a while ago

...take a guess how:(

If it involves a g-string, I don't want to know.

thanks meatbag... i do it intentionally so others with coloring and inking skills can have at it.

Well let them say what they want, Babs, I think your Catwoman drawing looks very good. That WW drawing is simply awesome, though! Something about it has a Frank Cho kind of vibe - this is a good thing. :up:

Keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"