Back In The Costume: Actors Coming Back To Super Hero Roles

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
We have all seen it in recent years.

A performer well known for at some point playing a super hero role coming back to suit up again in some fashion.

So... Let us discuss that here before the official Hype threads for whatever project are created.

Chris Evans to Reprise Role Of Captain America in Future Marvel Property – Deadline

Not to get too political but... I can see Evans himself going "I AM Capt. America. That is what I will be known for until I die. And there is a responsibility that goes with that. Now more than ever this country NEEDS that character. This is the way I can contribute."

Sounds... Pretentious, sure.

But I think it is true.

In any case... I welcome it regardless of project.

A buddy of mine floated it could be SECRET INVASION.

Which... Yeah I think I could see that. Fske Cap Skrull getting us all believing Cap is back only to break our hearts. I would be fine.

But a real Cap coming back would be so sweet.

Chris Evans to Reprise Role Of Captain America in Future Marvel Property – Deadline

Not to get too political but... I can see Evans himself going "I AM Capt. America. That is what I will be known for until I die. And there is a responsibility that goes with that. Now more than ever this country NEEDS that character. This is the way I can contribute."

Sounds... Pretentious, sure.

But I think it is true.

In any case... I welcome it regardless of project.

A buddy of mine floated it could be SECRET INVASION.

Which... Yeah I think I could see that. Fske Cap Skrull getting us all believing Cap is back only to break our hearts. I would be fine.

But a real Cap coming back would be so sweet.

That would be cool, I'm not sure how likely it will be for a Cap-centric film.

However, I do think there is plenty of scope for him to cameo ( an older Cap could show up in the Falcon and Winter Soldier easily). Hey, if Luke Skywalker can show up in the Mandalorian then anything is possible.

Apparently there's some nonsense going around about Michael Keaton returning as Batman....Rewatched his Bat films a little while ago and as good as he was, I'm not sure that's the Batman the GA is up for at the moment.
But what do I know ?

That would be cool, I'm not sure how likely it will be for a Cap-centric film.

However, I do think there is plenty of scope for him to cameo ( an older Cap could show up in the Falcon and Winter Soldier easily). Hey, if Luke Skywalker can show up in the Mandalorian then anything is possible.

Apparently there's some nonsense going around about Michael Keaton returning as Batman....Rewatched his Bat films a little while ago and as good as he was, I'm not sure that's the Batman the GA is up for at the moment.
But what do I know ?

With Keaton... I can't deny money is a factor in so much as the Super Hero Industrial Complex is up and running since about 2005ish and we have major money being spent on CBMs.

That said... It is also gratifying to see that even late in the game many actors are now out and proud they played a super hero character and see it as part of their legacy.

It is also nice to see stuff like Routh getting the cape on again and getting some shine.

Eh. As much as I loved Keaton’s Batman back in the day (and still do), this whole thing just makes me think of how they keep trying to shoehorn Arnold into Terminator sequels. Especially since he’s appearing in a Flash movie, which is the last place I want to see Batman.

I'm cool with Keaton coming back because it felt like there was always unfinished business with his Batman. Granted, I'd have rather seen him come back in an animated film based on Burton's Batman 3 treatment but at least it's still a proper sendoff. If it turns out to be a bust, then at least it doesn't tarnish the Burton films.

I'm cool with Keaton coming back because it felt like there was always unfinished business with his Batman. Granted, I'd have rather seen him come back in an animated film based on Burton's Batman 3 treatment but at least it's still a proper sendoff. If it turns out to be a bust, then at least it doesn't tarnish the Burton films.
For years I hoped for an animated third Keaton film, with Keaton actually doing the voice (even more so after the two Adam West animated movies). Actually seeing him back in live-action was something I never even dared wish for. Even if his future in the DCEU is as more of a mentor, if in the Flash movie he's still active as Batman, that will be my Batman 3.

I really want to see Gerrard Christopher play Superman (based off Donner's, which his Superboy was very much aligned with) as a kingdom come superman with Keaton's.

I feel Routh introduced us to the possibility and welcomed it.

Do I want to see Routh reprise his role properly, sure. But I don't feel there is room for it right now.. I still say they missed a beat with their arrow-verse crisis - they could have merged the worlds so that Routh was 'the' superman left with Lois and they went off to have kids and helm a new show.

I heard Peter Weller was due back to play Murphy. To be honest, all he needs is a green suit and they overlay the cgi on an aged, rusted machine, be easy.

All these spidermen coming back, it will be cool, but this is the thing, once a world is opened up to multiverses, what does that actually mean for humanity - a loved one is alive in another universe just go and get them. Is a heroic death that poignant if his multiverse self shows up after...

I wonder, had Chris Reeve still been with us, without that tragic incident, where ehe would be today and his view on the flash movie.

All these spidermen coming back, it will be cool, but this is the thing, once a world is opened up to multiverses, what does that actually mean for humanity - a loved one is alive in another universe just go and get them. Is a heroic death that poignant if his multiverse self shows up after...
Yes, this is something you hear sometimes from people who don't like multiverse stories, that it somehow lessens the stakes.The same could be said about time-travel. Someones dies? Just go back and pluck them from earlier in the timeline. Or a different timeline. Bingo, they're back. I guess it depends on the storytelling, on putting in-universe rules in place that prevent the easy quick-fix.

Yes, this is something you hear sometimes from people who don't like multiverse stories, that it somehow lessens the stakes.The same could be said about time-travel. Someones dies? Just go back and pluck them from earlier in the timeline. Or a different timeline. Bingo, they're back. I guess it depends on the storytelling, on putting in-universe rules in place that prevent the easy quick-fix.

precisely.. it has to be done really well, to suit everyone involved.
I kinda like the tragic circumstance in that you going back in time opens up an alternative time line... your time line happened and you vanish (into the past) and you can come back, but nothing changes.... what it did do was open up a parallel universe up until that point, that then diverges off in another direction so you never really go back to point A, it's always A.2 etc. But I guess that's not a cool ending...

Or...... the best, most visually appealing way, is when say you go back in time, you were always destined to go back in time and whatever you did, it's already happened... so you can't actually really change events, you just go through the motions.... so like, you would already have met yourself and you know you go back In time - I always wished movies were that well prepared that say in captain America civil war, we see a scene that makes no sense... like we see a character show up and it's just off and makes no sense, but it's very unique and specific in what happens, like it has an impact... or maybe capt is stranded then capt appears and says, don't ask... as he saves him... then 4 moves later, he goes back in time, to that point....

anyways.. luckily Zack Snyder isn't handling it for the flash... he would have it like prestige or something dark like that.

Michelle Pfeiffer has said repeatedly that she loved playing Catwoman and would come back if asked. She’s not hankering for money either... even has the original whip stored in her closet!

I despised Batman Returns in general, but she was amazing in the movie and deserves a good send off. Ditto for Keaton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"