Bad Boys or Bad Boys II

Trevor Rabin did who normally I like, his music for Armageddon and Gone in 60 Seconds I liked, I just hate when a director hires a different composer for a sequel (I am looking at you Jon Faverau).

I liked them both but the only thing I really did not like in part 2 was replacing Mark Mancina with a different composer in part 2. I really liked Mark's music in Bad Boys :).

the music from foot chase in part 1 is still one of my fave music tracks:

Oh yeah, I hear you on that one. Composers returning for sequels gives the films a sense of consistency. It's a pet peeve of mine too for most films.

Didn't Puff Daddy write the music for the second one?

Puff Daddy produced the soundtrack. Dr. Dre was a consultant on that as well.

Bad Boys 2 for me.

Was it violent? Yes.
Did it have crude and politically incorrect humor? Yes.
Was it mostly gratuitous action? Yes.

And that's totally ok. Not every movie has to be Citizen Kane. Nor should it be.

The first one easily. I really disliked the 2nd one. Bay wanted to push the action and the humor up a few notches and I just found it annoying and stupid in a bad way.

The first one easily. I really disliked the 2nd one. Bay wanted to push the action and the humor up a few notches and I just found it annoying and stupid in a bad way.

Pretty much.

The first one was Bay-dumb-fun.

The second one was all that... To the XTREEEME. It was ******.

I also have nostalgia for the first soundtrack. I don't want no shy guy....

We should get a Bad Boys 3 after Bay is done filming Trans4mers.

I agree, I want Bay doing BB3 with Will and Martin, and they have to bring back Mark Mancina :).

:D

The second was so nihilistic and proud of it. It's like an anti-art house film.

In a nutshell, part 2 was made for teenage boys. It honestly was when you really sit down and watch it. Two and a half hours of insanity, coupled with some gratiutious female booty. The whole thing did play out like a satire almost.

The Fast and the Furious franchise has 10 times the gratuitious female booty of Bad Boys II, that's doesn't make people criticise it that much now.

The first one easily. The second film is just too over the top, I don't mind over the top movies, Commando is a great guilty pleasure movie, but Bad Boys 2 just takes it way too far. When I saw it in the theater, I felt punch drunk by the final action scene in Cuba, it felt like a amped-up Three Stooges skit than kick @$$ action scene.

Nobody seems to mind when Black Widow, the supposed human character of the Avengers does impossible stunts and acts as "unbeatable" as Will Smith's character in the begining of the film when she is being interrogated.

@Lord, they do have a point about Bad Boys 2.

It's a crazy, fun movie that tonally is way different from the first film. Unlike The Avengers or Fast/Furious, Bad Boys 2 is very transgressive and mean spirited. Simply put, it was designed to push buttons. It's not insult to the film of course, but it shows the shift in Bay's directing too. Conpared to the second film, the first Bad Boys is surpringly more subdued and understated.

Last edited:
Just look at the scene when cadavers are being thrown out of a truck during a chase.

Some one needs to go to Michael Bay and tell him stop playing with your Transformers and Ninja Turtles toys and do Bad Boys 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"