Bane Hardy Mask

hi guys heres a few shots with it on in prologue costume I'm editing a video atm

Photoon16-03-12at1229PM2.jpg

Photoon16-03-12at1230PM3.jpg

Photoon16-03-12at1231PM.jpg

Looks aaaaaaaamazing Roids!! You've nailed this thing!

Wow. Awesome work man :up:

If you put up the video tonight Roids, I won't be able to watch it cause I'll be gone, so just put me down for a mask so I'm not last on the list:woot:

Ok i got a chance to watch the video. I def want one of your masks bro. I remember hearing something about there being different sizes, is that correct?

Top notch Roids!!! Yes just wondering if u r still doin custom head sizes or just off ur one?? Plz put my name on the list for an unpainted either way. May go painted if u can confirm on the head sizing. I've checked and commented on the vid too.

Cheers

hey few shots
7063acaa.jpg

289f8479.jpg

lol this was a stuff up, but reminds me of the teaser trailer shot

6922b7f2.jpg

and a video if you wanna have a look around and me being a tool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=179o4m1xKa4

Great work, will def. want one.

Is it going to be full latex or will you have most of it and then insert the tubes separately? Will you offer painted versions?

There are painted and plain pipes are plastic rest is latex

Question, why are you making them out of latex? Latex is a degenerative material, which means after you sweat in it especially with the oils from your face it will slowly start to deteriorate. This is why most people use urethane's for their cowls and mask because it wont fall apart as easily as latex. Not to mention some people are allergic to latex and not know it and having something on their face could cause serious problems.

On a positive note I do think the sculpt is very well done and I look forward to seeing the finished costume.
-Todd

Question, why are you making them out of latex? Latex is a degenerative material, which means after you sweat in it especially with the oils from your face it will slowly start to deteriorate. This is why most people use urethane's for their cowls and mask because it wont fall apart as easily as latex. Not to mention some people are allergic to latex and not know it and having something on their face could cause serious problems.

On a positive note I do think the sculpt is very well done and I look forward to seeing the finished costume.
-Todd

Well 1st off the mask is for me ppl liked it and wanted a cast and that's end of story thanks

Well 1st off the mask is for me ppl liked it and wanted a cast and that's end of story thanks

I wasnt trying to knock your product I just wanted to make sure your prospective buyers are educated on the product you are selling. But thanks for the semi rude response and not actually answering my question of why latex? Im not trying to start a fight on a message board because that is childish, I was just curious about the product.

Like I said its made for me ppl have requested a copy and latex because I tryed a silicone and it was very flimsy and too stretchy could of been me but didn't like it and you will get 10years out of latex easy

Natural latex rubber is derived from the Latex Rubber tree. Being a natural product it has a few enemies that can hasten or even destroy your mask:

Direct Sunlight
Extreme Heat
Excessive Moisture
Oil Based Products

Silicone is not right for this application, but urethane would prove to be the best fit for your mask. A lot of times in the movie industry they use latex do to its inexpensive nature and its ability to cure quickly when baked.

In an environment where you might be in the sun, having it on your face and constantly breathing into it are 4 of enemies that will break down latex. 10 years, yeah maybe if its stored in a dry cool place with no exposure to the sun, but wearing it and sweating into it, it will never make it that long. Just think if you left a rubber band in the sun, it dries up and gets brittle, this is the same thing.

Just making sure your buyers are educated on the materials used in this product. If you dont believe me just google latex, sweat and deterioration. There are plenty of people with costumes falling apart because they are latex.

I don't know about everybody else but I'm not gonna wear
my mask excessively other than the premiere, Halloween parties and cons other than that, it will be far away from any windows or sunlight. Don't see why anybody would leave a mask like this in sunlight... Kind of common sense.

Plus I have faith in Roids judgement he's not just making this mask for everybody else he made it for himself so he's obviously not going to use a material that he thinks wouldn't give the best results for something that it seems like he worked extremely hard on.

Trust me I do this for a living, latex is not the way to go. It is however the cheapest form of casting rubber. Im guessing that is why he used it. I just wanted to make sure everyone else realizes the properties of latex so you didnt spend hundreds of dollars on something that is just going to rot away over time.

And I dont care what time you wear it, if it is indoors or not, you are still gonna sweat in it. Look at the Ninja Turtles suits from the first movie, they are destroyed from the sweat. http://www.tomspinadesigns.com/rest...tle-Movie-Costume-Restoration-Display-1_1.jpg

Anyways like I said before Im not here to argue or fight just trying to educate. Good luck with your purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"