The Dark Knight Rises Bane Of My 'Tusi-stence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping Man of Steel is pretty good. Cavill is also a relative unknown. And I'm sure the audition process was very, very extensive. Hopefully he turns out to be a good pick.

But yeah, Superman was a great film. I really enjoyed watching it yesterday. Will watch Superman II very soon.

1 and 2 are good. 3 is meh and 4 is stinker.

At this point I'm not looking to fall in love with the character or actor playing Supes, I'm mainly interested in the story they plan on telling, how they tell it and of course I'm curious to see what action sequences and efx will they come up with to really give it a wow factor. I mean this is Superman, I'm looking forward to seeing some super things lol

Good points Mr. Wayne. I feel the same way.

At this point I'm not looking to fall in love with the character or actor playing Supes, I'm mainly interested in the story they plan on telling, how they tell it and of course I'm curious to see what action sequences and efx will they come up with to really give it a wow factor. I mean this is Superman, I'm looking forward to seeing some super things lol

Haha, yes! I don't want MOS to be similar to the original Supes film in its pacing/storytelling, however. I mean, I understand the need for certain, essential elements, but I hope Goyer/Nolan decided to do their own thing.

I loved the original Superman film, but I don't want a rehash, even if it is 34 years later.

1 and 2 are good. 3 is meh and 4 is stinker.

I heard as much.

I hate depression.

What's wrong?

Superman 4 reminds me of Rocky 4. But unlilke Rocky, it takes itself seriously.

Same stuff as always I guess, dead best friend and all that.

Im sure I will, still feels like crap in the interim though. Seeing TDKR will be great if I can just make it to it.

I don't know how closely people here are following the Man of Steel production, but I think it's safe to assume that Snyder, Nolan and Goyer are going in a different direction with Superman.

War on Krypton and Birthright? Holy ****! :awesome:

Im sure I will, still feels like crap in the interim though. Seeing TDKR will be great if I can just make it to it.
Awesome movies always help. Best of wishes. :up:

I don't know how closely people here are following the Man of Steel production, but I think it's safe to assume that Snyder, Nolan and Goyer are going in a different direction with Superman.

War on Kryton and Birthright? Holy ****! :awesome:

Do tell!

And what'd you think of the original Superman film, Doom?

Same stuff as always I guess, dead best friend and all that.

Whoa, pardon my humor then. My supreme condolences. No easy or right words to say in these moments when you lose someone so close to you. You just have to kind of deal with it and go through the motions. Just be sure to keep his memory inside you always.

Like the song says, those who are dead are not dead, they're still living in your head. Stay strong bro.

Hmmm I smell cgi heavy Superman battle action. Greeeaaat!!!

You must make it slice!! For your pal punzy!! :hrt:

You and me are like the TNT network: we know drama

Yeah MOS is pretty much what I'm moving onto after TDKR has come and gone.

Birthright? Explainy please.

MOS is also what I'm moving onto after TDKR. Doom, please explain the stuffs you just posted.

And also, what are you thoughts on the original Supes film?

We are all going to need something to move on to after TDKR. Looking forward to seeing the same gang in those other threads. I've made some cool buddies in here. The Tusi will be relocated I hope :funny:

Well it's way past my bedtime... bye all. I'll see you all in a few hours :o

Do tell!

And what'd you think of the original Superman film, Doom?

I suggest you pick up Birthright and read that bad boy right away. It sounds like Nolan and Goyer used several aspects of that arc for their concept. It's also been reported that Snyder is going to be showing off Krypton a whole alot more than any Superman film has done previously, and the war-torn planet will be at the center of it all.

I enjoyed the original Superman, but there was so much left out for my taste. I wanted a more physical Superman and in-depth origin.

I suggest you pick up Birthright and read that bad boy right away. It sounds like Nolan and Goyer used several aspects of that arc for their concept. It's also been reported that Snyder is going to be showing off Krypton a whole alot more than any Superman film has done previously, and the war-torn planet will be at the center of it all.

I enjoyed the original Superman, but there was so much left out for my taste. I wanted a more physical Superman and in-depth origin.

Well, I have read Birthright, but that was years ago.

Really? I thought both of those aspects were pretty prominent parts of the film. Particularly the in-depth origin. It really took its time explaining how he became Superman, and that was for the better. I still thought it was a great film, and particularly amazing for its time.

Thank you guys for the support.

No problem. :up:

We are all going to need something to move on to after TDKR. Looking forward to seeing the same gang in those other threads. I've made some cool buddies in here. The Tusi will be relocated I hope :funny:

Well it's way past my bedtime... bye all. I'll see you all in a few hours :o

Night!

The last scene of Birthright would be chill inducing if it concluded MOS.

Definitely. In fact, the end of Birthright is the only part I vividly remember. Too bad it was retconned.

Doom, do you really expect me to read that entire summary? :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back