The Dark Knight Rises Bane Of My 'Tusi-stence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapunzel, this is in response to the question you asked me earlier about Mathion being exclusive to Kindle.

Since I enrolled it in KDP Select to better promote it—and one of the stipulations for doing so being that it can't be available in digital format on any other site (ie Barnes & Noble)—yes, for now Mathion is Kindle exclusive.

:woot:

Other than Birthright, it's rumored that Nolan and Goyer drew inspiration/influence from Secret Origin, Earth One, Man of Steel and Last Son.

Hm. Sounds like fun. Hopefully this way we get a brand new, extremely fresh take.

Alrighty, time for me to sleep. Good night all!

Rapunzel, this is in response to the question you asked me earlier about Mathion being exclusive to Kindle.

:woot:

Oh, I'm sorry Senty. I meant to say "thanks" when I saw this response early. You will have the honor of being the first kindle book I buy. I'll put you on my blackberry.

I need to find a decent way of tracking my movie collection so I can have the tusi vote on movies for me to watch. Anyone know of a Dvd tracking site?

I agree. I truly hope Snyder, Nolan and Goyer decided to keep or add it.

Skimmed through the summary you linked and yes this final scene sounds awesome if you mean this:

"During the last moments of Krypton, Jor-El and Lara look at a viewing screen with a static image crackling from it. A figure, barely visible and wearing the S-shield on his chest, says, "Mother... Father... I made it". Realizing that their efforts were successful, Jor-El and Lara kiss as the building collapses around them."

That would be amazing to include, last scene or not.

Skimmed through the summary you linked and yes this final scene sounds awesome if you mean this:

"During the last moments of Krypton, Jor-El and Lara look at a viewing screen with a static image crackling from it. A figure, barely visible and wearing the S-shield on his chest, says, "Mother... Father... I made it". Realizing that their efforts were successful, Jor-El and Lara kiss as the building collapses around them."

Yes, that scene would send shivers down my spine. I definitely would prefer it over some generic shot of Kal-El flying off into the sunset after talking to Lois. An ending like that would leave an impact on audience long after leaving the theater.

I can see why The Nolans and Goyer included aspects from Birthright into the Man of Steel screenplay. The series has powerful moments when coming to the origin of Superman (such as Jor-El lamenting that no one would remember Krypton or the re-emphasis on the S-shield).

Yes, that scene would send shivers down my spine. I definitely would prefer it over some generic shot of Kal-El flying off into the sunset after talking to Lois. An ending like that would leave an impact on audience long after leaving the theater.

It's so good, if anyone but Nolan was involved I'd think it was impossible.

Maybe its about time to rewatch the lotr trilogy...

I don't know anything about the new Supes, really... but I AM looking forward to it. If the end has something to do with Jor-El and Lara dying, I'd like it to be Zod rubbing their death in Supes face and see him get pissed... red-eye style.

Seriously, if I don't see a pissed off supes I'm going to be......

pissed.

That would be a beautiful ending.

a) Page 6 of a new thread already?

It's confirmed... y'all don't have lives...

:hehe:

b) Saw TASM. The trailers I saw that looked interested were Skyfall, Bourne Legacy, and Total Recall. Saw the TDKR Nokia trailer, and y'all already know that my excitement level for that movement is so high 'm now terrified of exciting myself into a heart attack and dying before seeing the movie, which would suck because a) I'd miss the movie and b) I'm only 25...

For the record, I loved TASM. I think Andrew Garfield nailed it, Emma Stone was awesome, their love story was nowhere near as soap-opera dramatic as Toby's and Kirsten's was (well... except for the final act... but they didn't drag that out to painful lengths, for which I was grateful), I thought the script was great, I thought the concept was great, I thought the acting was great... and oh, by the way... there's a mid-credits scene, so if you haven't seen the film yet, when you do see it, do NOT leave the second the credits start to roll. Stay on for a few more minutes.

Now, my brother considers it his favorite movie of 2012 so far. For me, that is Avengers (which I know will only be there until July 20 :awesome:). TASM was not mind-blowingly epic. It wasn't ground-breaking. It didn't command brilliant respect. It had some flaws (if you already know about them, you will see where scenes were cut... trust me... they basically excised a whole plot-line, likely so they can drag it out over a whole franchise... and I do hate it when they do that). The 3D was underused... as usual...

But overall it was a really good movie. It is one I'll have in my DVD collection... 8/10

Seriously, if I don't see a pissed off supes I'm going to be......

pissed.
If they don't emphasise physicality this time around I'll be really surprised. I'm super confident (haha) that we'll get punches thrown.

Goodnight, folks... see y'all in the morning...

Last edited:
If they don't emphasise physicality this time around I'll be really surprised. I'm super confident (haha) that we'll get punches thrown.

punches thrown isn't enough. We need some serious **** here.

I'd love a live action version dramatizing the final epis of superman the animated series.

Oh, I'm sorry Senty. I meant to say "thanks" when I saw this response early. You will have the honor of being the first kindle book I buy. I'll put you on my blackberry.

Aww :hrt: thanks, I'm touched :awesome:

It should be searchable soon..it just published And I enrolled it in KDP select, which gives me an opportunity to earn more money :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"