Barnes and Noble BookStore Thoughts?

Yowza

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was wondering if any still frequent Barnes and Noble at all within the last 5 years...

I've been to their cafe and normally there's no rhyme or reason behind their line system for ordering. I stand to the side area and pretty much ignored each time I go in there and when I go right to the register as some people do someone to the side gets their order first or they'll casually just take forever making a drink and not really call out when it's ready or ignore completely when standing there with no one around. In answer to anything, the staff there will just mutter essentially and if ask what just said just be quiet and not say anything...

It seems like a snobbish place to me increasingly so. The Nook is the only thing really worthwhile there now but even that seems increasingly going out of vogue. The DVD/music area of course is yesterday's business. If just a place to walk around and look for books I got to say for the Barnes and Noble close to where I live there's some of the most non-customer oriented service around and I was wondering if people here still bother with the place or have similar experiences there.

I go there sometimes, but never for food or drinks or anything like that. They send me coupons in my e-mail, not that it helps much when they want to sell like everything for MSRP to begin with. Though I'm glad they're still around as I like physical media.

There's one like four blocks from my office downtown chicago, I usually go up there just to read in peace on a lunch hour or something.

I shop their online store. I get a little frustrated when I get followed by security like I'm going to steal something. They're never subtle.

I shop their online store. I get a little frustrated when I get followed by security like I'm going to steal something. They're never subtle.
Us black folk be stealing tho

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"